PDA

View Full Version : Cape May? Best Way to Get There?

DizMagic
04-29-2013, 09:03 AM
Has anyone tried Cape May? We are considering it for our trip in October. We have never been; in fact, we have never been to the Boardwalk/Beach Club area at all. Which park would be best to exit from to get there -- Epcot or Hollywood Studios? Thanks!

dkmwong
04-29-2013, 09:20 AM
Cape May is usually a must for us everytime we are at WDW. We usually get there by boat from EPCOT.

MyDisneyworld
04-29-2013, 11:30 AM
We use the back gate in world showcase. You can also get there from DHS but it's a little bit of a walk. DHS has a boat that will get you there as another option.

DizneyRox
04-29-2013, 02:50 PM
Which meal?

Getting there for breakfast (at least an early breakfast) is a bit of a problem, but if you're going to be at either MGM or Epcot and do a later meal, not a problem.

Beach Club is closer to Epcot's International Gateway exit than MGM. The walk to/from MGM however is nice to walk off a huge dinner buffet, if that's when you're going there. While you may be stuffed, your wallet will be a bit lighter, it's a fairly expensive meal.

PETE FROM NYC
04-29-2013, 06:08 PM
You can get there from any park w/ the buses. We did that last September, but I don't remember which park we did that day.
BTW, Cape May Café was the best dinner of that trip.
What we had to do when leaving was to bus it to DTD to get a connection back to Contemporary. Now when I told the bus driver to take us to anyplace we make that connection, he took us directly to the Contemporary.
WHO SAYS CAST MEMBERS DON'T CARE???

bruin1344
04-30-2013, 09:47 PM
Has anyone tried Cape May? We are considering it for our trip in October. We have never been; in fact, we have never been to the Boardwalk/Beach Club area at all. Which park would be best to exit from to get there -- Epcot or Hollywood Studios? Thanks!

Its a must do on every vacation. Im not sure if this is fastest way but if I stay at a MK resort, I take monorail to Epcot and walk from Epcot to Beach Club.

ImLovinDisney
05-02-2013, 08:42 AM
We walked from the Epcot "back gate" it was a short little walk, and the scenery was nice.

wdw_bound
05-04-2013, 03:29 AM
We tried it and loved it last trip. I found out that certain buffet items change each night, so that may make a difference to you. I love clam strips, and we had a choice between two nights, so I chose the night the were on the buffet menu. Can't wait to go back!