PDA

View Full Version : Marrakesh?

thejens
04-28-2013, 11:40 PM
I am wondering how you have enjoyed Marrakesh? The Morrocan pavilion has always been one of my favorites, it is so beautiful. Is there belly dancing or some kind of show? I think we'd like the menu. I'll have two boys, 9 and 15, with me. Just wondered what your experiences were.

Strmchsr
04-29-2013, 07:41 AM
I've always loved Marrakesh. I think it's one of the "hidden" gems at Epcot. Yes there is a belly dancer and musicians. The menu is the only thing that makes me hesitant to recommend it to anyone. I really enjoy it (especially the lamb) but if you're not a little adventurous is might not be your thing.

Scar
04-29-2013, 09:31 AM
:ditto:

I've eaten there twice and enjoyed it much both times. Even the kids liked it. There are some spices they use in some of the meals that some people are not used to, but if that doesn't bother you, go.

Davy Crockett
04-29-2013, 02:29 PM
Our family loves this area and the food which some may feel is "adventurous" is always very well prepared and menu is diverse enough that even the little ones can find fare that they will eat, allowing mom & dad to indulge their taste buds. AND if you are on the DDP this counter service offers one of the best bang for your $$$.

Dulcee
04-30-2013, 10:06 AM
Love it. For us the food isn't adventurous. For some it may be. You can check out the menu in advance online.

The restaurant itself has a away from the hustle and bustle feel. Kids (and a few adults) tend to really enjoy the belly dancers. And the bastilla dessert is lovely.

Melanie
04-30-2013, 01:39 PM
Not a big fan, of the food or the actual restaurant. Belly dancer? We were stuck so far in the corner we could hardly see her. And the waiting area is horribly crowded, and not accommodating to scooters or wheelchairs. Looking forward to trying the new Moroccan restaurant and hope it's better to my tastes.

vamaggie
04-30-2013, 07:46 PM
The food was not so spicy/strange that my "boiled chicken" kinda mother was able to find something she enjoyed quite a bit. Just ask the server what is more mild and you should be fine.

Last time we went our DS was 10 and DD was 4. We were seated very close up front. DD LOVED the belly dancer and really got into it. DS was more embarrassed and kept asking "isn't that inappropriate?" :blush: I think being so close made him uncomfortable. (you know your boys best--maybe they would be more into it than my DS was). Still I would make him go back again (but at 16 he probably now would really like it :thumbsup::D)

MNNHFLTX
04-30-2013, 10:02 PM
Not a big fan, of the food or the actual restaurant. Belly dancer? We were stuck so far in the corner we could hardly see her. And the waiting area is horribly crowded, and not accommodating to scooters or wheelchairs. Looking forward to trying the new Moroccan restaurant and hope it's better to my tastes.
What she said. :yes:

GoldenDreams
05-02-2013, 09:08 AM
We love this restaurant and love the food. It is a must-do for us each year because we can't get comparable food at home. Greek food maybe comes the closest if you are wondering about the flavors. I usually get the sampler lunch with the chicken kabob, rice or couscous and the appetizers. It is the perfect meal. I would eat there every week if I could!

The belly dancer is actually not our favorite part. She is beautiful and it is always a good show, but the music is a little louder than I would like. You can always ask to be seated a little further away if you think that will be a problem for you.

I highly recommend this restauarant. They are always friendly and accomodating and you can usually get a table, even without reservations.

MarkC
05-02-2013, 09:46 AM
You can obviously see there are some people who love this restaurant and some who don't. We ate there in January for the first time in 20+ trips. We enjoyed it but probably won't go back. The atmosphere is very nice and if you like that type of food you'll love it. It's just not for everyone. So try it-- maybe you'll love it, and maybe you won't. But at least you'll know.

Polynesian Dweller
05-02-2013, 10:11 AM
You can obviously see there are some people who love this restaurant and some who don't. We ate there in January for the first time in 20+ trips. We enjoyed it but probably won't go back. The atmosphere is very nice and if you like that type of food you'll love it. It's just not for everyone. So try it-- maybe you'll love it, and maybe you won't. But at least you'll know.

Our sentiments as well. It was fine but nothing to make us come back. We find the food at Tangerine Cafe to be a bit better.

Melanie
05-02-2013, 10:24 AM
Our sentiments as well. It was fine but nothing to make us come back. We find the food at Tangerine Cafe to be a bit better.

Agreed, and in fact, the decor and atmosphere of the outside seating suits me better as well. The Marrakesh decor? Doesn't really stand out to me.

But absolutely, as Mark said, try it...you may love it!

KODABEAR
05-02-2013, 01:39 PM
:knit::old:
We rarely make ADR's,usually eat between 3-5 pm. This is usually available and a nice relaxing break. And we Both enjoy the belly dancers. ( I keep trying but have lost most of my umph)

Quadstriker
05-02-2013, 04:11 PM
It's one of Wife's favorites and one I try to avoid for the same reason. The food. If it's your thing, great. If not, skip it.

snowflakegirl
05-02-2013, 06:50 PM
Marrakesh is a must do for DH and me. We both love the pavillion and we love the interior of the restaurant. I've always been for a late lunch and it's been quiet with only a few other tables. I've usually been seated close enough to watch the belly dancer and listen to the music but still been able to talk. I love the food (I usually get the sampler). My parents went on their last trip and thought it was okay. Good, but not on their list of must dos. I think it's one of the ones you need to take a look at the menu, think about what you like and give it a try if you think it might be something and then decide for yourself...it does seem to be one of those varied opinions places.

thejens
05-04-2013, 01:24 AM
Our family is pretty adventurous re. eating and we have been to a Turkish restaurant with belly dancers which seems a bit similar. Funny, my 9 year old loves sushi, goat, lamb and salmon!! I am just looking for something a bit different and fun. We have been to so many good restaurants at WDW, I am trying to choose some different ones for a change!

We've done: Le Cellier, Garden Grill, Rose and Crown, Akershush, and lots of counter service restaurants. Have also done Cape May (which I love) and Kouzzinas.

Trying to decide between Cape May again, Marakesh, and Coral Reef. Would lean toward Coral Reef, but it mostly gets mediocre reviews. You'd think WDW would address that, but perhaps it stays full. Don't think I want Japanese steak house if it is like others or Chinese if it is like others or Mexican if it is not outstanding.

MNNHFLTX
05-04-2013, 04:00 PM
If your 9-year-old likes sushi, you should try Tokyo Dining (if you haven't already). Delicious sushi and although next to Teppan Edo (the Teppanyaki-style grill), it is a totally separate dining experience. The service there is outstanding! My son (now 20) has always loved sushi too and this is one of our favorite restaurants.