PDA

View Full Version : something new in Epcot (or area)

thejens
04-28-2013, 12:32 AM
My family wants to do something different for a table service dinner. We've done Rose and Crown, Cape May, Kouziinas, Le Cellier, and Living on the Land (or whatever it is calledl) Where should we go for dinner in Epcot? or nearby? We love good food and are open. Prefer not to do something we could do at home. Suggestions?

MargaretMessler
04-28-2013, 03:23 AM
Biergarten in Germany and Teppan Edo in Japan are good. We're gonna try Marrakesh in Morocco this trip.

Kairi_7378
04-28-2013, 08:50 AM
I'd suggest Marrakesh. Beirgarten could be fun as well.

2MuchWDFun
04-28-2013, 09:32 AM
I'd recommend Marrakesh, too. Beautiful restaurant and atmosphere along with excellent food. It is a "must do" for us.

TinkerbellT421
04-28-2013, 10:07 AM
I would recommend Biergarten as well. Hidden gem, can always get in there, food was extremely impressive, especially the deserts. Teppan Edo, was extremely good and impressive, but pricey.

mom2morgan
04-28-2013, 01:08 PM
We also enjoyed Coral Reef, but I know it gets mixed reviews here. Can't beat the ambience though -especially if you sit near the floor to ceiling fish tank which makes up the entire wall of the room!

SBETigg
04-28-2013, 01:53 PM
We could do pretty much any kind of cuisine at home but it's always fun to do it at Disney anyway.

Biergarten does have a more unique atmosphere plus music. But the food was a one time only event for us. It's not bad, just very buffet quality and not our favorite. Morocco's Marrakesh might be a little more unique for you.

My favorites: Monsieur Paul, if you don't mind pricey. Chefs de France. Via Napoli. Tokyo Dining.

snowflakegirl
04-28-2013, 02:03 PM
We're fans of Marrakesh. It's on our list of must dos. We love the atmosphere and architecture and the food is very tasty.

DizneyRox
04-28-2013, 03:26 PM
Biergarten in Germany and Teppan Edo in Japan are good.
/signed

wildernesslady
04-28-2013, 06:28 PM
Via Napoli. We have never been disappointed.

JohnnyNovo
04-28-2013, 06:59 PM
If you want something different and not in the "mainstream", exit EPCOT across from England and go to one of the restaurants on the boardwalk. Try the Beach Club, Yacht Club, Boardwalk area.

BhamWriter
05-01-2013, 01:38 PM
To try something very new, you might want to consider Monsieur Paul. I haven't yet, but intend to on my next trip.

My wife and I enjoy Tokyo Dining. It's not the hibachi-style restaurant, but table service with nice windows for a second-story view.

VaderGirl
05-01-2013, 04:22 PM
italy is amazing food, so was restauant in china. le cellier is a must & tying teppan edo this yea, its habachi style, so fun atmosphere. moroco looks a little iffy, my son is 12 & not sure he'dlike france or germany. but he loves italy,china & canada. but heard yachtclub is bette than canada, its a steakhouse too

Pop Centurion
05-01-2013, 04:42 PM
I recommend La Hacienda. Really good food & if you can get a table with a view during Illuminations, that's a bonus.

PETE FROM NYC
05-02-2013, 06:47 PM
DW and I are not fans of too many exotic foods. In EPCOT we like le Cellier, Teppan Edo, Germany. Being a NYC Italian, I have never found any edible Italian food south of New Jersey.
I often browse the menus online, just checking for anything appealing. Most of the menu items are just too fancy for our tastes.
Last trip in 9/12, Cape May was one of the best places we found.

SBETigg
05-02-2013, 09:43 PM
DW and I are not fans of too many exotic foods. In EPCOT we like le Cellier, Teppan Edo, Germany. Being a NYC Italian, I have never found any edible Italian food south of New Jersey.
I often browse the menus online, just checking for anything appealing. Most of the menu items are just too fancy for our tastes.
Last trip in 9/12, Cape May was one of the best places we found.

Considering Nick Valenti and Patina Group run Via Napoli and also New York's Naples 45, based on their authentic Italian food knowledge and experience, plus Il Mulino is pretty much the same restaurant as it is in NYC, this seems like a strong and unfounded bias. There are some fantastic and completely authentic Italian restaurants in all parts of the country, and definitely at WDW. Maybe not as prevalently as NY or Boston, and maybe you sometimes have to look a little, but they are out there. Via Napoli even imports the water for their crust.

VaderGirl
05-02-2013, 10:20 PM
ITALIAN NEW YORKER HERE TOO! :) Italy in epcot was amazing & I am used to awesome pizza & home made italian food. definitly check it out, you wont be sorry!:mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
05-03-2013, 08:43 AM
Tokyo Dining is one of the best dining experiences I've ever had at Disney. We all love love love it. :thumbsup:

azcavalier
05-03-2013, 10:36 AM
OK, I don't think you can go wrong at ANY of the World Showcase restaurants. I would suggest, like many others, Via Napoli and Teppan Edo.

Also, the suggestion to exit Epcot through the World Showcase and head over to the Boardwalk and other hotels between DHS and Epcot is a very good suggestion. You have the options of:

Kouzzina (Kat Cora's restaurant)
ESPN Club
Beaches and Cream
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Cape May Cafe
Big River Grille & Brewing Works
Flying Fish
Garden Grove Cafe
Il Mulino
Captain's Grille
Shula's Steakhouse
Todd English's Bluezoo