PDA

View Full Version : studio and laundry

luvkatiebug
04-27-2013, 11:00 PM
We are renting DVC points this year for the first time. We are staying in a studio at BLT. From what I understand there are laundry facilities on the floor, is that correct? Also, are they coin operated or free?

Also, will the small fridge hold a regular sized milk? (gallon). Trying to decide what we will buy to go in the fridge. Thanks.

FiggyFan
04-27-2013, 11:07 PM
We have not stayed at BLT, but I assume BWV and BCV (where we have stayed) are similar. The laundry is free in these resorts, and they have a coin-operated machine that sells single load detergent boxes. The cost during our last trip was $1.

You should be able to fit the galloon of milk in the fridge.

Donald_Quackers
04-28-2013, 08:17 AM
I've stayed at BLT (my home resort) and I only remember seeing the laundry facilities on the first floor.

You will need your KTTW card to enter. If you see coin slots on the machines, just push it in, you don't need to put any money in it.

GAN
04-28-2013, 02:19 PM
I've stayed at BLT (my home resort) and I only remember seeing the laundry facilities on the first floor.

You will need your KTTW card to enter. If you see coin slots on the machines, just push it in, you don't need to put any money in it.

Love this comment! Before we owned DVC we rented at BWV and I did the laundry, which I knew should have been free. I wasn't thinking and put the coins in anyway -the machines took them no problem. Of course, after finishing he laundry I realized what I did. So yes -the machines will take your money, if you're so inclined.

DizneyRox
04-28-2013, 03:24 PM
Not sure about BLT, but the other DVC properties only have one location for laundry. They can get quite busy. There are more dryers than washers, both are free, but bring your own supplies.

seanyred
04-28-2013, 11:02 PM
To answer your milk question. I have had 2.5gallons in the studio fridge with lots of room to spare for other food. This was at AKL and BWV so I assume BLT has a similar fridge.

CajunDisneyDad
04-30-2013, 07:37 PM
Love this comment! Before we owned DVC we rented at BWV and I did the laundry, which I knew should have been free. I wasn't thinking and put the coins in anyway -the machines took them no problem. Of course, after finishing he laundry I realized what I did. So yes -the machines will take your money, if you're so inclined.

Be warned! Once you go deluxe you dont go back lol :) That is what got us into the DVC!
Enjoy