PDA

View Full Version : Disney week on Destination America channel.

caryrae
04-27-2013, 10:35 PM
Saw a commercial about Disney week for the Destination America channel next week. Don't know much about what kind of shows since we don't get that channel but some people might.

BriarRose0708
04-28-2013, 09:30 AM
I get it on Time Warner Cable. Will have to look at the schedule and check it out!

caryrae
04-28-2013, 09:42 AM
From what I saw on their website it looks like the old Travel Channel shows.

BrerGnat
04-28-2013, 12:01 PM
The only new show is the Disney Cruise Line: Behind the Magic.

Airs tomorrow (Monday) at 9pm ET.

The rest are reruns of the old Travel Channel shows from years ago.

tinkwest
04-30-2013, 08:13 PM
I don't know about any other episodes, but the show about the Disneyland Resort is either new or updated. There are portions covering the changes at DCA and the Fantasy Faire area at Disneyland.

caryrae
04-30-2013, 08:48 PM
I remember seeing on the channels website there was some that said revision by the title, so they must have updated certain ones.

BigB
04-30-2013, 11:19 PM
I don't know about the rest of you but I am very disappointed in these shows. Comcast had them OnDemand a few years ago and the latest show is from 2004. In nine years they couldn't do a single update?!
On a similar note, just for fun I ordered the vacation planning DVD for DW and boy was that a bust. I couldn't believe how dated it was. Fantasy land has been open for a while and they had scenes from early last year (we were down in May and looked like the DVD). Most of it was just artist renderings and not even the good ones. Sooooo disappointed and I'm not sure that would entice a newbie to go down. Sorry for the rant, I know Disney can do better!!

PirateLover
05-01-2013, 12:18 AM
BigB, the Disney Cruise show was actually new. They included the Dream and the Fantasy, which have only been in service 2 and 1 years, respectively,

We DVRed most of them. I'm expecting them to be ones we've seen before, but I did think the Disneyland one looked like it had been updated just from the previews I saw of it, like TinkWest said.

I hear you on the planning DVD, though. To me, I think making a good planning DVD would not be hard to do every year. They've had the same basic DVD for a few years now, and the stuff on New Fantasyland is a joke. They can definitely do better in that area.

BrerGnat
05-01-2013, 01:02 PM
The titles are totally misleading!

Both shows I've seen so far have been brand new. The Disney Cruise Line one and the Disneyland Resort one were absolutely 100% new, even though the Disneyland one was supposedly from 2003, and was listed as NOT new. Glad I caught the last part of it and realized it was totally different, so I set up my DVR to get the rerun last night at 11pm. I have since set the DVR to record tonight's and tomorrow's "old" WDW episodes as well, because I suspect they will also be "new."

caryrae
05-01-2013, 02:06 PM
Are you sure the Disneyland one is 100% new? Like I said in my post above on the Destination America site it shows some as a Reversion (Disneyland one included) so maybe the last part of the show was new. I remember the Travel Channel episode of Animal Kingdom did that where they added new clips at the end but rest of show was old.

The Ultimate WDW one says it a reversion too.

BrerGnat
05-01-2013, 02:50 PM
Are you sure the Disneyland one is 100% new? Like I said in my post above on the Destination America site it shows some as a Reversion (Disneyland one included) so maybe the last part of the show was new. I remember the Travel Channel episode of Animal Kingdom did that where they added new clips at the end but rest of show was old.

The Ultimate WDW one says it a reversion too.

Yep, the Disneyland one is 100% new. Same narrator, same title, COMPLETELY different show from the last one.

PirateLover
05-03-2013, 12:02 PM
Ultimate WDW was definitely updated. It had some older segments mixed in, but lots and lots of new stuff.

Only watched intro for Undiscovered Disney Parks, but that seems like it's the same from 2010.