PDA

View Full Version : Disney Visa Rewards

Mickey's 4Walls
04-27-2013, 09:37 PM
I keep getting a notice to cash in my rewards because the Disney store is going to have a great offer and doesn't want me to miss this .... I've been waiting to save all my rewards to go toward our next trip. Does anyone have a clue from the past what this might be? Could it be a Vacation offer? Thanks!:mickey:

KylesMom
04-27-2013, 09:49 PM
They've done this in the past and it was just sale merchandise. I wouldn't cash in your rewards if you're saving for a trip unless they are set to expire. Also, you're more likely to have an e-mail targeted specifically towards Disney Visa holders with vacation specials than The Disney Store.

CuteAsMinnie
04-27-2013, 11:45 PM
We've gotten the same email. Its just a salr. definitely save your reward $$ for your next trip!

:mickey:

KylesMom
05-07-2013, 12:57 AM
Guess what? You might want to take a look at this post :mickey: Disney Visa Card Holder Specials (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=199206)

Figment104
05-07-2013, 12:53 PM
Like others have said, if it's coming from the Disney Store than it's just a sale that they're having. If it's a trip discount you'll usually get an email from Disney (not store). We've been saving our points for our upcoming trip since 2010 with no issues, so if you're saving for a trip, then keep saving (unless they're about to expire). It's amazing how they can add up!

brivers222
05-07-2013, 03:27 PM
and now you can apply them to statement credit for airline purchases!

brownie
05-07-2013, 04:13 PM
and now you can apply them to statement credit for airline purchases!

If you have the Disney Premier VISA. You can't do this with the regular Disney VISA.

BrerGnat
05-07-2013, 06:16 PM
Wait..the rewards points expire?

We just applied for this card and are waiting on it. However, the flyer we got said reward points never expire. That was one of the selling points...

KylesMom
05-07-2013, 10:42 PM
Unless they have a different offer out there now, points expire five years after you earn them. On each statement it will list how many points (or dollars) will expire in which month and year. Quite honestly, there is a way around it if you don't use them by that time - call to get your Rewards Card, transfer your points and then buy Disney Gift Cards, which never expire.

I've been a member since Day 1, and quite honestly we charge everything to the card. As long as you pay off the monthly balance, the reward $$$$ are great. We usually get a nice chunk of change each year for our vacations. In fact, in 2012 it paid for a good portion of my ICOT15 trip! :mickey:

BrerGnat
05-08-2013, 08:22 AM
Unless they have a different offer out there now, points expire five years after you earn them.

Oh, FIVE YEARS? LOL! I could not go five years without spending money on something Disney related. Whew! I was worried there for a minute. :D

PopPhan
05-08-2013, 09:19 AM
Wait..the rewards points expire?

We just applied for this card and are waiting on it. However, the flyer we got said reward points never expire. That was one of the selling points...

The rewards points expire 5 years after credited to your account.

Once you transfer them to a Rewards Card (redemption card,) you have until the end of the next calendar year to redeem them. [ex. Transfer you 'points' to a Rewards card today (May 8, 2013) and they would be good until Dec. 31, 2014]