PDA

View Full Version : STUMPED-what would you do?

disneymom15
04-27-2013, 12:15 PM
As some of you may know, my daughter is getting married at disney in January.
We own at BLT, (which is where we will be staying). My brother owns at SSR and won't be in the 7 month booking window until June. Our favorite aunt, her 2 kids, & 2grand kids are also coming for the wedding. We'd like to book a 3 bedroom lake view so all 12 of us can stay together. We'd like to book right now, but since my brother doesn't own at BLT, we can't use his points until June. Need your opinions on what our options are.
Our use year is Aug. We have about 170 points left for 2013. Will have 320 points for 2014. A 3 bedroom lake view requires 616 points. Obviously I don't want to use all of our points.
Hope this makes sense!

DVCBob
04-27-2013, 01:24 PM
If you use up your points for the wedding, you can have your brother transfer points to you when his are valid. Keep in mind that they will still be SSR points but that should get you through the wedding with points left for next year.

VWL Mom
04-27-2013, 07:48 PM
If your family and your aunt's family would fit in a 2 bedroom I would book that for now and have your brother book at SSR. You could always combine later if the 3 bedroom is still open. With your points plus the 25 you could purchase you still wouldn't have enough points to book the 3 bedroom now.

When you do combine and transfer later on be careful of the use years. Anything you borrow into your 2013 use year stays there and cannot be returned to 2014.

VWL Mom
07-04-2013, 09:40 AM
Just wondering if you got your 3 bedroom now that June has come and gone.

Pirate Granny
07-20-2013, 11:03 AM
I would've had him pay to have you rent points and he could rent his out and it would be only a $3 per point loss...or,possibly SSR GV would be available at the 7 month mark, doubt I'd BLT would be available, unless he didn't mind staying at SSR for the wedding and you just wanted the group together.

disneymom15
11-06-2013, 03:33 PM
Just wondering if you got your 3 bedroom now that June has come and gone.

We decided on a one bedroom and a two bedroom at BLT. The three bedroom was still available, and would have been really nice, but not everyone wanted it.