PDA

View Full Version : Renting points questions

Mrs Bus Driver
04-26-2013, 11:03 AM
I am thinking about renting points for a trip later this year. Would like to know about adding the dinning plan. Do I add it when I arrive or does the person making the reservation add it? Also since it's DVC do have to buy tickets with the dinning plan? One in our party already has their ticket. Thanks :mickey:

VWL Mom
04-26-2013, 11:22 AM
The DDP would need to be booked and paid for through the owner at least 2 days before your trip. You would not need to purchase park tickets in order to get the dining plan.

TinkerbellT421
04-26-2013, 05:30 PM
The DDP would need to be booked and paid for through the owner at least 3 days before your trip. You would not need to purchase park tickets in order to get the dining plan.

Did that change as far as paying? Last time we did ddp which was at a minimum 3 years ago, we paid on arrival at check in. But it did have to be booked before 3 days of arrival. So did the payment thing change? Just curious if they changed that rule.

VWL Mom
04-26-2013, 05:44 PM
I don't quite remember when it changed but I want to say 2 years ago.

This is from the member services page

Disney Dining Plans cannot be added at check-in and must be booked at least 48 hours prior to check-in. Payment is due in full at the time of booking.

I changed my original response to reflect the 48 hours which is 2 days not 3. I'm not sure when it changed from 72 hours to 48 hours. :confused:

TinkerbellT421
04-26-2013, 10:50 PM
Figured it would change eventually. I can only imagine the problems with people paying or not paying on arrival etc., it was a matter of time. There are always so many changes I can never keep up lol. I hate the dinning plan anyway, waste of money.

Mrs Bus Driver
04-27-2013, 09:54 AM
You both have been very helpful, Thank You :mickey: