PDA

View Full Version : refillable mugs

LVT
04-24-2013, 09:19 PM
What happened with the barcode scan mugs? Have there been any changes in 2 years?

CajunDisneyDad
04-25-2013, 10:36 AM
We went this past December...and they were still using those same old mugs. rumor has it they are supposed to start puting RFID chips in the cups and all that jazz. Havent seen it yet, but we are going back at the end of may so I will let you know :)

sassafras
04-25-2013, 11:44 AM
Just got back 2 weeks ago, and as of then, the whole "chip" thing hadn't been implemented at POR.

Tinksalot
04-25-2013, 12:10 PM
Did they at least change the design on the mug? I want a new mug to add to my collection.

JoDisney
04-25-2013, 01:50 PM
No. They still have boxes of old mugs. They are down to three colors. I think it will be awhile.

Tinksalot
04-26-2013, 10:51 AM
Ugh! I leave Tuesday. Thanks for the information :mickey:

TheHD
04-26-2013, 02:16 PM
Are we talking about the blue/green, pink, and black colored mugs that have the characters playing in and beside a pool or have the mugs been updated since then?

#1donaldfan
04-26-2013, 03:08 PM
Yep, that's them !! I hope by June they run out of their supply !! I'd like to have a new design, new mug, something new !!! :mickey:

TheHD
04-26-2013, 05:23 PM
Thanks.

Me too. We're going in July and I figured they'd definitely change since we last went in 2011, but I guess maybe not.

LVT
04-27-2013, 08:27 PM
Thank you. I have that mug set too. It may be for the best. The scan/chips sounded awkward.

FLKatie912
04-28-2013, 05:49 AM
Thank you. I have that mug set too. It may be for the best. The scan/chips sounded awkward.

It's not so bad. It helps from people cheating the system. I believe they have it at one of the Values, I can't remember though. Last week while visiting the Polynesian, I saw ladies with old Polynesian specific mugs that were using them at the drink machines, and I just :rolleyes:. They also implemented the process for the refillable mugs they use at the Water Parks.

VWL Mom
04-28-2013, 07:31 AM
Last week while visiting the Polynesian, I saw ladies with old Polynesian specific mugs that were using them at the drink machines, and I just :rolleyes:.

If these are the original Poly mugs they are able to use them. Originally the mugs were sold as free refills forever and Disney grandfathered them in. Unless they change designs between now and June I'll be packing my WL ones for our upcoming trip. Not being cheap but 18 beach scenes is enough!

MNNHFLTX
04-28-2013, 03:11 PM
Unless they change designs between now and June I'll be packing my WL ones for our upcoming trip. Not being cheap but 18 beach scenes is enough!
Amen! :yes:

justice11
04-28-2013, 04:12 PM
I am with you VWL, I have so many disney cups from resorts and water parks I am running out of space to put them and have nine packed for our next trip. there are 14 of us going and I do not need 14 of the same cups. Years ago we went to Dixie Landing and bought our cups and my hubby and I use them everyday, they were nice big and fat cups, I love them. In the whole picture of life does it really matter.:thumbsup:

JoDisney
04-29-2013, 04:16 PM
Can a guest at POR reuse Dixie Landing mugs that do not have the notation on the side of the mugs about "for this stay only"? I have those mugs that you could use each trip - unlimited use. They are in great condition. The current beach refillable mugs always get worn after one stay. The Dixie Landings mugs are Aladdin and one piece and do not show wear. I thought the reusable policy ended and you have to buy new mugs each stay. There is talk of bar codes coming soon to avoid the reuse.

brownie
04-30-2013, 03:05 PM
I thought the reusable policy ended and you have to buy new mugs each stay.

There are older mugs that were not labelled for use only until the end of your resort stay. Mugs for many years now, though, are labelled that they are only good for refills through the end of your resort stay.

JoDisney
04-30-2013, 04:51 PM
I know. I am asking can you use the old mugs that DON'T have the writing on the side about good for current stay. We were told at that time that they were good for life. I have many of those mugs for different resorts. People are stating they are going to pack there old mugs that DON'T have writing about only using for current stay. Read all the posts.

VWL Mom
04-30-2013, 06:44 PM
I know. I am asking can you use the old mugs that DON'T have the writing on the side about good for current stay. We were told at that time that they were good for life. I have many of those mugs for different resorts.

You can use the mugs when staying at the resort they were purchase in. In my case, we purchased our mugs at WL and will be staying there in June. I cannot use them when we stay at BLT in August.

As far as your previous post about using Dixie Landing at POR, I'm not sure.

vamaggie
04-30-2013, 07:38 PM
Strange question: If you are not staying at a specific resort (but are staying on property)can you get a mug from a resort (say Poly) and refill it at that resort (and that resort only) for your stay?