PDA

View Full Version : dinning at world showcase

waymickey
04-24-2013, 01:56 PM
I want to try some new places to eat this vacation. I have never eaten in any of the countries except America. This may be a dumb question but I wanted to know if all the eateries have someone that understands english well? I am a bit gun shy of ordering food if I am not sure what is in it.

Kenny1113
04-24-2013, 02:02 PM
Yes they understand/speak English. You can also check out menus on here before hand to get an idea of what you would like to try at the various WS resturaunts.

DisneyDINK
04-24-2013, 02:23 PM
I want to try some new places to eat this vacation. I have never eaten in any of the countries except America. This may be a dumb question but I wanted to know if all the eateries have someone that understands english well? I am a bit gun shy of ordering food if I am not sure what is in it.

I don't think the language barrier will be an issue. All of the CMs in Epcot speak English pretty well.

The descriptions of the food on the menus should give you most of the information you're looking for.

How adventuresome you are when it comes to food will probably be the more important question. Do you like Japanese? Chinese? Moroccan? French? German? Those are probably your more exotic choices right there.

SBETigg
04-24-2013, 02:58 PM
Some of the CMs in various countries are native English speakers, some even American due to staffing issues. You shouldn't have any problems. At any rate, think of it as being good for you to expand your horizons a little, maybe? You could always start with Rose & Crown or Canada's Le Cellier if you're nervous and then just try some shopping or counter service until you're more comfortable.

DonaldDuckUSA
04-24-2013, 04:04 PM
Oh you'll have so much fun! I'm happy you're trying new things.

In addition to what everyone else has said, most of the menus aren't really in the county's native tongue.

DBF and I went to one of the restaurants in France. I'm comfortable with international foods and interacting with people from other cultures, but I was still somewhat nervous about our dinner. The menu, however, was in approachable English. It made saying "I'll have the salmon, please" very easy. :-)

If it brings you comfort, explore the menus before you go. :-)

Happy eating!

DonaldDuckUSA
04-24-2013, 04:06 PM
And its not a dumb question. You're trying new things! You're bound to have questions! :mickey:

TheHD
04-24-2013, 10:39 PM
If you're alright with quick service, Lotus Blossom in China has some amazing shrimp fried rice and their eggrolls are tremendous!

AmandaChan
04-25-2013, 08:45 AM
world showcase is where we eat out the most. there has never been a language barrier although one time at teppan edo we had some problems ordering something but it all worked out.

JerseyDad
04-25-2013, 09:15 AM
....in my opinion you'll always find something on one of the menus that will look interesting and tasty, regardless of what the name of the dish is ...the descriptions of the food are pretty good and the server will be happy to walk you through choosing.

...of course ...you could always 'ease' your way into it by sampling an adult beverage (or three) before hand!! :D:marg:

tjstrike
04-26-2013, 02:40 AM
Biergarten in Germany, fish and chips in England, QS in Japan, the restaurant in Mexico and the dessert place in Norway are all good. I'll personally vouch for them. :thumbsup:

Davy Crockett
04-29-2013, 09:02 PM
Biergarten in Germany is a must do each visit. Teppan Edo in Japan is also very good and either of the French restaurants are good, so go and expand your horizon :;)

FLKatie912
05-01-2013, 08:28 AM

I'm a fairly picky eater and I LOVE eating in the World Showcase and have never had a problem. I have never been to Rose and Crown or Restaurant Marrakesh, but I've found things everywhere else. I really enjoyed Biergarten that I tried for the first time this week!:beer: