PDA

View Full Version : HS Star Wars Weekends, parades, characters, what else?

RaLiErBe
04-22-2013, 08:17 PM
Can those of you who have been give us some insight on making the most of our day. Anything else Star Wars to see or do besides, parades, Jedi Training, characters... any tips will be great!:D

Strmchsr
04-23-2013, 07:30 AM
That about covers it. There's only 1 parade and it is PACKED so make sure you get a spot early. Also, the Hyperspace Hoopla in the evening is very funny and worth seeing.

The other big thing is the souvenir tent. It's down by Rock N Roller Coaster. Keep in mind it can, literally, take 2 hours to get inside. Either go there immediately upon opening or late in the evening. While you can get various souvenirs around the park, that tent has all the exclusive stuff plus there is usually at least 1 really rare character inside (last year it was Luke Skywalker with R2 and C3PO).

Finally, bring a ton of patience with you. SWW is very crowded and means waiting and waiting and waiting, but it's a lot of fun.

Pirate Granny
04-23-2013, 07:46 AM
What time is the Parade....don't want to miss and I'm there with my 4 year old grandson the very first day...and we have fantastic package for that night...long day indeed! Does the tent have anything unique for 7 and under...or all adult collectibles ? I also want to take him to catch the end of the flower and garden show, so he can play on their playground. We are at the BCV beginning Thursday the 16th.

Strmchsr
04-23-2013, 09:30 AM
Last year the parade was at 12:40. Haven't seen a schedule yet this year, but that time has been pretty consistent.

Most of the stuff in the tent is for your serious hard-core Star Wars fanatics. The stuff young kids would like you can probably find in the ride gift shop. I certainly wouldn't wait in that extremely long line for a young child. If you hit it in the evening it's sometimes less crowded and you can look around then.

DANAM
04-23-2013, 10:56 AM
Something cool for a 4 year old boy that we saw last year was a pod racer or something like that. Sorry my husband and son are the fans. Someone please feel free to correct me bc im sure I'm wrong. Anyway, whatever its called is across from the store in the turn right before SciFi on the right. Last year there was a line and they let kids get on this thing and take pictures.i think there was a disney photographer there. Also, he can build a droid in the shop or a lightsaver (you can do this all the time just thought I would mention it) Also, just watching the Jedi Training Academy if very exciting. Im not sure the age requirement but I know you have to get there first thing for your child to participate.
Like others have said the parade is very crowded! We didnt realize it and luckily found a spot for my son to stand on a wall over by Staring Rolls. From what we saw it was very good.
We didnt have any issues getting in the tent with the merchandise. But there was a line to check out. Really cool stuff in there! My son was 8 and we got him an adult shirt. There was limited childrens shirts available.

joanna71985
04-23-2013, 12:53 PM
For the characters, you are going to need to bring a lot of patience (for many of the locations, the characters rotate. So the one you get in line for may not be the one you wind up meeting)

Main Street Jim
04-23-2013, 06:51 PM
Last year the parade was at 12:40. Haven't seen a schedule yet this year, but that time has been pretty consistent.I haven't seen anything or even looked yet, but has a replacement been announced for the "Pixar Pals" parade yet? If not, there might not even be a parade at Studios just yet to replace the "Pixar" parade.

Strmchsr
04-24-2013, 07:50 AM
I haven't seen anything or even looked yet, but has a replacement been announced for the "Pixar Pals" parade yet? If not, there might not even be a parade at Studios just yet to replace the "Pixar" parade.

No, nothing announced yet, but that shouldn't impact the Star Wars Celebrity Motorcade parade. I don't think they did the Pixar Pals parade on SWW anyway.

MOJoe
04-24-2013, 10:03 AM
If you are interested, you can get a fastpass to meet a Star Wars celebrity. This is one of the things my youngest son has enjoyed. We have collected several autographs from various actors over the years. It can really be a thrill for serious and casual fans alike.
This year will not be an excpetion, as we are heading down for weekend 2! :trooper:

The celebrity list was still incomplete when i last checked. What weekend will you be there? I'll post the info if you are interested.

RaLiErBe
04-25-2013, 01:25 PM
If you are interested, you can get a fastpass to meet a Star Wars celebrity. This is one of the things my youngest son has enjoyed. We have collected several autographs from various actors over the years. It can really be a thrill for serious and casual fans alike.
This year will not be an excpetion, as we are heading down for weekend 2! :trooper:

The celebrity list was still incomplete when i last checked. What weekend will you be there? I'll post the info if you are interested.

We will be there 5/17 -19. If you would post the list that would be great, Thanks!!:D

MOJoe
04-25-2013, 03:14 PM
The weekend 1 hosts are Ashley Eckstein and James A. Taylor. Ashley is the voice of Ahsoka, and James is the voice of Obi-Wan Kenobi in the animated Clone Wars series.

Ray Park, who played Darth Maul inThe Phantom Menace, is the highlighted celebrity. In addition to giving autographs, Ray sometimes also hosts a late afternoon show where he demonstrates his martial arts. Some kids get onstage with him too. It's a fun show. Get in line early.

And speaking of getting in line early...
Normally there is more than one celebrity actor. If Ray ends up being the only one, fastpasses for meeting him will go fast. The Studios open at 8. You may need to be in line 2 hours before that.
May The Force be with you! Have fun.

Strmchsr
04-25-2013, 03:47 PM
Same lineup as last year for the first weekend. At least I don't have to worry about getting their autographs. I had hoped for someone different, but my boys will enjoy seeing Ray again.

MOJoe
04-26-2013, 11:43 AM
You guys are in luck. Jeremy Bulloch, Boba Fett, has announced he will be attending weekend 1 as well. The announcement has come directly from him, not Disney. But as we all know, Disney is much slower to announce things like this. So, i think it's pretty safe to assume it's true.