PDA

View Full Version : BLT Studio Space

disney0575
04-22-2013, 05:46 PM
I will be staying 7 nights at BLT in November, for my first DVC stay, on an all girls trip and we booked a studio. For 3 of the nights it will be just 3 of us and the remainder of the stay there will be 4. My question for all of you experienced DVCer's is if 4 of us will fit or will we be extremely cramped? We really do not plan on staying in the room much; basically to sleep. Just in case it will be too small I have a 1 BR reserved for the 4 nocs. So how difficult is it to change rooms mid stay? Thanks!

dmallan
04-22-2013, 06:01 PM
We stayed in a BLT studio for the first time last November. It was one bed - queen, I think - and a pull out sofa. It was just right for the two of us, but for four adults I think it would be pretty crowded.

Pirate Granny
04-22-2013, 07:52 PM
Depends...the bathroom situation could be a problem, depends...does the one bedroom have an additional bathroom? And you still will have two people (adults) on a full/queen hid a bed...if all you doing is sleeping, probably ok...but if you are treating with your points...I think I would stick with the studio...I'm cheap!

disney0575
04-22-2013, 08:01 PM
We will truly be only sleeping there. The 1 BR will have an additional bathroom; the studio has a 2nd vanity across from the kitchenette for additional space. A plus to the 1 BR is the single pull out chair so 1 person could sleep on that and the other on the pull out.

VWL Mom
04-22-2013, 08:33 PM
IMO 4 adults will be more comfortable in the 1Bdrm as opposed to the studio. While the pull out would be fine for 2 children, I'm not so sure 2 adults would fare so well. I also think the extra bathroom is a big plus.

disneymom15
04-23-2013, 10:25 AM
Since we've become owners at BLT, we've only stayed in a studio. It's 4 adults, while it does get a bit cramped, we manage just fine. The vanity area in the kitchenette really helps. I'm like the previous poster, CHEAP! I'm afraid that once we try a 1 bedroom, we'll be hooked.

JMTStone
04-24-2013, 01:17 PM
I agree with above posters but also offer you this... with the 1 br, you will also get a washer/dryer. I know that makes a difference for me when there are 4 of us. We pack lighter.

Just a thought.

PETE FROM NYC
04-25-2013, 05:10 PM
Last Sept, we had a 2 BR lock-off. There was supposed to be 6 bodies, but at the last minute, my niece got a new job, and could not get the time off.
DW and I had the master BR, the rest shared the accompanying studio. We packed fairly light b/c of the washer-dryer. But we had THREE bathrooms. With 4 of them being female, it was the way to go.
I don't think a studio would work out for 4 adults due to only one bathroom.
And the fully equipped kitchen was great.

tjstrike
04-26-2013, 12:00 AM
I agree, go with the one bedroom. There's 5 of us and we're still a little cramped in the one bedroom.

Checkers
04-29-2013, 04:36 PM
:mickey:Another vote for the 1br for all the reasons already stated!

disney0575
04-29-2013, 05:22 PM
Thanks for all of the good advice! If we begin the week in a studio, since there will only be 3 of us, how difficult is it to change to a 1 BR mid week?

Pirate Granny
04-30-2013, 07:47 AM
May be impossible to change. I assume you rented points from someone, cause you would know you can't just request a change. A one bedroom is more points and rarely available to make changes while you are already there as BLT is very popular. They cannot just give you another room and you pay cash for that upgrade. DVC works on points only. You would have to check with the owner you rented from, and have that owner see what's available (you cannot access that info). IF its available AND you are willing to pay the owner more AND the owner has more points available you could change the reservation. If I misunderstood and you ARE the new owner, you can look on line and check what's available yourself...do it quickly as you are past the 7 month mark when it opens up to other owners wanting to switch. BUT you can do 3 nights in a studio and 3 nights in a one bedroom if available and you have enough points. Good luck.

VWL Mom
04-30-2013, 10:30 AM
Thanks for all of the good advice! If we begin the week in a studio, since there will only be 3 of us, how difficult is it to change to a 1 BR mid week?

It won't be terribly hard to change. You would need to go to the front desk and check out/in. If you stop the day before and explain it to them it's highly possible they will have a room ready for you the next morning.

Also, when you speak with MS ask them to put a note in the reservations.