PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Trip Might be on Hold...

Main Street Jim
04-21-2013, 07:38 PM
So, wife and I were kinda planning to come down in fall 2014. The plan was to bring her sister, her sister's husband, and their daughter (who'd be 4 by the time we were gonna go - perfect). the husband has never been much outside of a two-hour radius of where he lives - in central Ohio.

We had talked to her sister a while back about it, and she was all on board with it. All excited to take our niece down for her first visit to the parks. We offered to pay for *everything* - park tickets, hotel, food, etc. - except for their way down there.

So, wife calls up her sister this weekend, and sister says "I talked to my husband, and he wants to do it by ourselves the first time she (the daughter) goes."

Thing is...with their jobs (husband is police and sister is teacher), and financial situation<s> (knowing what we know), our niece will about 17 before *they* can afford to go on their own.

So, now we've decided to put our trip on hold until probably spring 2015; we're gonna send my wife's parents on an Alaskan cruise for their 35th anniversary with the money we were going to use for the sister and her family :)

It's all good - just have to delay *our* Disney trip a little bit :)

Pirate Granny
04-21-2013, 08:42 PM
You both sound like a caring couple...bravo to you for sending the in laws on a cruise...your trip will be extra special in 2015:cloud9: