PDA

View Full Version : DNR ordered

Disney4us2
04-21-2013, 03:38 PM
Well it has come to pass that a DNR will be ordered for my father. He is basically going into organ failure. It is now just a matter of time from 2 days to 2 weeks. It is his wishes that there be no machines to keep him alive.

He lived a long, good life and I am sad to see it end.:(

Kairi_7378
04-21-2013, 03:41 PM
Marci, I am very sorry to read this news. Thoughts and prayers with you, your dad, and your family during this difficult time.

cer
04-21-2013, 04:07 PM
He lived a long, good life and I am sad to see it end.:(

What a lovely testimony.

So sorry. Praying for peace and comfort. :(

faline
04-21-2013, 04:10 PM
I'm sorry to hear this. I wish you the needed strength to endure this sad time.

VWL Mom
04-21-2013, 04:10 PM
Marci, my heart aches for you. Even though we know it's what they want, to actually be the one to call the DNR is gut wrenching.

My prayers and thoughts are with your family.

joanna71985
04-21-2013, 04:48 PM
I'm so sorry :(

wildernesslady
04-21-2013, 04:53 PM
So sorry. I pray his remaining time is peaceful.

Itchy
04-21-2013, 05:48 PM
Prayers and comfort for you and your family during this sad time.

PirateLover
04-21-2013, 05:52 PM
Marci, I am so sorry to hear this. As I mentioned in one of your earlier threads, we went through a similar thing with my grandfather last year, getting bounced around from nursing home to hospital. He finally made it back home on Easter Sunday, which is all he wanted, but shortly after he developed aspirational pneumonia again and became unintelligible. We got him into a beautiful 24 hour hospice where the staff was amazing. They medicated him to keep him sedate, and he never became cognizant again, but his heart was so strong that he lasted over a week without food and water. It was a tough time just "waiting" for the end, and I really have empathy for you. I have been having a tough time lately realizing that is now a full year since I last had an actual conversation with him. Please keep us updated. :pixie: :hug:

disneymom15
04-21-2013, 05:54 PM
Marci-thoughts are with you and your daughter.

Zippy 1
04-21-2013, 06:05 PM
:pixie::pixie:So sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time

BriarRose0708
04-21-2013, 06:06 PM
I can't imagine how difficult this decision must have been for you. My thoughts are with your family.

Pirate Granny
04-21-2013, 06:26 PM
Marci, I am so sorry, hopefully it will be a fast and peaceful passing. Although they have had a good life, it's so very hard to let go...I will keep your Dad and your family in my prayers.

Disney4us2
04-21-2013, 07:03 PM
Just got back from the hospital. My brother, sil, Jessica and I were all there to talk to the doctor. He said that just cpr could actally damage his heart more and that the cpr would lead to other life saving methods. I asked if he would be in any pain and he said no. He will probably slip into a coma.

He was groggy but feisty when we were there. I managed to get some sorbet and apple sauce into him. The hard part is last week he was just fine. Walking around, laughing and joking.
As much as I want him here, I hope he doesn't linger and suffer.

Off topic...On a bright note.... once things are settled I will not be able to stay in the house for a long time .... darn reverse mortgage. I am hoping to head to the Orlando area. The cost of living here is just too much. Just something I am looking into.

Nascfan
04-21-2013, 07:50 PM
Marci, we are taking this journey also with my father. He was admitted into hospice this weekend. I pray that both our dad's find comfort in the good Lord's waiting and welcoming arms. I'm with you in the not wanting lingering and suffering. It's time they be at peace. God bless you and your family and my prayers are with you.

Disney4us2
04-21-2013, 08:26 PM
Marci, we are taking this journey also with my father. He was admitted into hospice this weekend. I pray that both our dad's find comfort in the good Lord's waiting and welcoming arms. I'm with you in the not wanting lingering and suffering. It's time they be at peace. God bless you and your family and my prayers are with you.

Scott,

My heart and prayers go out to you and your family. I hope both our father's have an easy journey into eternal life. I know my mom is there waiting for him with all our other departed loved ones. I know I will see him again, in time.

Best wishes for you and your family in this difficult time. Prayers and pixies to you and your family.:pixie::pixie::pixie:

SBETigg
04-21-2013, 10:39 PM
I'm so sorry, Marci. I'm sorry, Scott. Hugs to you both.

Disney4us2
04-22-2013, 12:05 AM
Where is that "like" button???? Thanks for all the well wishes.

Since I posted this, I got a call from the kidney doctor. She was suggesting dialysis tomorrow depending on his creatnine level after the bumex from tonight. I am actually hoping they will do it as a last ditch effort.... It couldn't hurt at this point.

When I got back to the hospital, my dad (Dan) was more alert. He even started smiling.... I had to get a pic of that. Even got pics of him with me and Jessica. He was still out of it, but very funny. I gave him some water and he said "this isn't chicken"....lol Sometimes he is with it, and sometimes he's not. I really hate this rollercoaster of emotions.

Christine
04-22-2013, 06:48 AM
God bless him! How sweet about the water / chicken comment!

I hope they're able to keep him comfortable and that you find peace thru this life stage.

Xxoo

RedSoxFan
04-22-2013, 07:34 AM
Sorry Marci and Scott about your fathers. Losing a parent is a hard thing. My father died almost two years ago and I think of him every day. Sending prayers to you both.

Mickey'sGirl
04-22-2013, 08:48 AM
My thoughts are with you and your family, Marci!

Also with you and yours, Scott.

tinkwest
04-22-2013, 10:18 AM
Prayers for your entire family Marci. I'm happy to hear there are some days that bring smiles.

princessgirls
04-22-2013, 10:35 AM
Prayers for you Marci during this difficult time.

Julie:mickey:

Melanie
04-22-2013, 12:14 PM
Definitely thinking of you and Jessica during this very difficult time, Marci. Loved the pic you posted yesterday.

NewDVCowner
04-22-2013, 12:15 PM
Marci, I'm thinking of you during this difficult time.

clausjo
04-22-2013, 12:49 PM
Our thoughts are with you and Jessica, Marci!

Disney4us2
04-22-2013, 12:51 PM
Definitely thinking of you and Jessica during this very difficult time, Marci. Loved the pic you posted yesterday.

:D It really was funny. He just started smiling, and I had to capture it.

Hammer
04-22-2013, 01:56 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you, Marci. I was in your shoes almost 3 years ago with my Dad. I'm not sure if you have siblings, but just be sure to talk with someone and don't keep your feelings inside.

minnie04
04-22-2013, 02:39 PM
Marci, you and your family are in my prayers.