PDA

View Full Version : What are your must dos at MK, HS, & Epcot?

RaLiErBe
04-19-2013, 06:31 AM
Wanting to get the most of our time by making sure we hit the good stuff, our kids are 9 & 11.

MargaretMessler
04-19-2013, 07:25 AM
Wanting to get the most of our time by making sure we hit the good stuff, our kids are 9 & 11.

MK
Hit all the mountains (Splash, Big Thunder & Space). Mickey's Philharmonic is pretty cool. PoTC. With a 9 & 11 yr old you can probably skip most of Fantasyland if you're strapped for time, but still worth a walk thru.

EPCOT
Soarin', Mission Space, Test Track. Don't miss walking thru World Showcase to experience all the countries and catch some of the street entertainment.

DHS
The new Star Tours, Toy Story Mania. For me, the Great Movie Ride, but it's more about nostalgia.

AK
Kilimanjaro Safari, Expedition Everest

disneygirlie11
04-19-2013, 09:48 AM
MK- the 3 mountains, pirates of the Caribbean, haunted mansion, goofys barnstormer (I can't think of the new name, sorry!), probably Indy speedway with those ages, buzz light year space ranger spin, mad tea party & monsters inc laugh floor.

Epcot- test track, soarin, mission space, maelstrom, maybe spaceship earth depending on your kids and innoventions

DHS- rock n roller coaster, tower of terror, toy story mania (hit this first for fast passes!), great movie ride, star tours, maybe Indiana jones

You didn't mention AK, but if you're going there- expedition Everest, Kilimanjaro safari, Kali river rapids, lion king, tough to be a bug, dinosaur, primeval whirl, and much more if they are into animals.

indytraveler
04-19-2013, 11:09 AM
These are the must do's, probably would be easier to say what not to do.

MK - The whole park really. :D Peter Pan wasn't listed but its good too. Our Multiple rides are Space, Thunder Mtns, Buzz, Pirates and maybe Haunted Mansion later @ night

Epcot - Soarin', Test Track, Spaceship Earth multiple rides (if possible w/ FP for Soarin)

DHS - Tower of Terror, Rock-N-Roller Coaster, and Toy Story Mania

AK - Expedition Everest. The other posters have added the other must do's but I just was putting down the multiple rides must do's

#1donaldfan
04-19-2013, 11:53 AM
MK = All the mountains, haunted mansion, peter pan, jungle cruise, philharmagic

AK = Everest, Kali, Safari, Lion King show

EC = Mission Space, Soarin

HS = RRC, ToT, toy story mania

Tigerinvestigator
04-19-2013, 12:45 PM
I would add The American Adventure to your list at Epcot. I personally think everyone should see this show.:thumbsup:

RaLiErBe
04-20-2013, 08:31 AM
The plan was 1/2 day at MK the day we arrive. But after reading everyone's lists it looks like MK offers the most for our kids ages. We have three park days without a hopper, planned on AnKi next trip. Studios is a must because the trip was planned around Star Wars Weekend. Thinking 1/2 day might be Epcot and spend the whole day Saturday in MK. Does that sound like a better planned??:secret:confused:

tjstrike
04-20-2013, 06:07 PM
The plan was 1/2 day at MK the day we arrive. But after reading everyone's lists it looks like MK offers the most for our kids ages. We have three park days without a hopper, planned on AnKi next trip. Studios is a must because the trip was planned around Star Wars Weekend. Thinking 1/2 day might be Epcot and spend the whole day Saturday in MK. Does that sound like a better planned??:secret:confused:

MK has far more rides than any other park so it's definitely a full day, lots of stuff to see star wars related at DHS but it could still be a half day. Epcot has a lot to do also so it could be a full day. AK never takes us a full day.

pcoleman
04-20-2013, 07:50 PM
MK: POTC, Haunted Mansion, Space Montain, jungle cruise, mickys philharmonic.

DHS: TOT, RnRC, star wars, muppets, TM

EPCOT: soarin, spaceship earth.

I am in the minority that only givs EPCOT a half day. If you are going for star wars weekend then give it the whole day, a whole day at MK and whatever time you have left at EPCOT.
Have fun. Remember your in Disney its ALL good.

MrPeetrie
04-21-2013, 09:00 PM
MK
This is really a great park. For us, it's simpler to name the can-skip rides as all the rest are must-dos.
Skip - Swiss Family Treehouse, Aladdin's Carpets, Country Bears, Prince Charming's Regal Carousel, Speedway, Astro Orbiter, and most importantly Stitch's Great Escape. All the rest are great.

Epcot
Spaceship Earth (most ridden attraction on property), Test Track, Soarin', Mission: Space, Turtle Talk with Crush, Off Kilter.

DHS
Tower of Terror, Rockin' Rollercoaster, Star Tours 2, (others say Toy Story Mania, but I wasn't that impressed. I've only ridden it once in three trips), Fantasmic.

AK
Another great park. The only attraction we skip here is Primeval Whirl.

I guess I'm not much help when I come to think of it.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-22-2013, 10:34 AM
DHS-Toy Story Mania, Fantasmic, Great Movie Ride, Star Tours, Rockn Roller Coaster (possibly Tower of Terror) Muppets 3D, Fantasmic

AK-Expedition Everest, Kilimanjari Safari, Tough to Be a Bug, Festival of the Lion King

Epcot-World Showcase/Mexico and Norway Ride-tour countries/Future World-Soarin, Test Track, Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land/Illuminations

MK-New Fantasy land, Buzz lightyear, Caroseul of Progress, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Railroad, Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, Mickey's Philharmagic, Pirates of the Caribbean, Jungle Cruise, Spectro magic and fireworks

Janmac
04-24-2013, 08:10 PM
It's going to be difficult to get much done at DHS with Star Wars weekend. You'll want to get there easily 30 to 45 minutes before the offical park opening time.

At any age - from toddler on up - our hands down favorite park is Epcot. We find twice as much to do there as ANY other park.

But with your schedule, days available and kids' ages, I would plan your arrival day at Epcot, walking around seeing stuff. This will be in the evening? Epcot feels less crowded in the evenings than the other parks. Check out Spaceship Earth (in the big white ball) and then head straight along the path to the countries, otherwise known as World Showcase. Wander around the countries checking things out. The Cast Members in the countries are from that country and interesting to talk to. At each country are KidSpots, or something like that, where your kids can either get a passport stamped (you have to buy the passport) or you can get either Duffy the Bear or Agent Perry (both free) to color and have CMS write things on.

You will want to head toward the big white ball and the exit about 8:30 at the latest. By 9:15 or so, the parking lot, monorails and buses are swamped. And you'll want an early start in the morning for Star Wars Weekend.

There is so much Star Wars stuff going on that if you're going to do much of that, you won't have a lot of time for Toy Story Mania (which pretty much HAS to be done first thing - or at least get a Fast Pass then), Tower of Terror, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Great Movie Ride, or Star Tours, which of course, given the Weekend, you must ride. Many 9 year olds are not happy with Tower of Terror or Rock 'n' Roller Coaster.

Your second full day you will have a decision. Go back to DHS and try to get in what you missed the day before, or avoid the madness and head to Magic Kingdom. And definitely do MK on the morning of your second half day. Mornings are when you can get a lot of the more popular stuff done quickly.

Again, you will want to arrive about 30 to 45 minutes before the official park opening. You will want to head either straight to Frontierland and do Splash and Big Thunder Mtns, or head to Tomorrowland to do Space Mtn. If you've got two mornings, you could do Frontierland first one morning and Tomorrowland first on your second morning.

While doing Splash and BT Mtns, you will want to see Pirates of the Caribbean, and some kids that age like Swiss Family Treehouse but they can zoom up and around and down before you get half way up. Maybe better to have them check it out and tell you all about it.

In Tomorrowland, Buzz Lightyear is more fun than Space Mtn. Kids that age may really like the Stitch attraction too. (Another one to let them do and wait outside :D )

Fantasyland for me is Mickey's Philharmagic and the Teacups. Others in our family like Winnie the Pooh and Peter Pan. The kids all head for the Sword in the Stone, by the Carousel and Mickey's Philharmagic, to see if they can pull it.

Mostly, after the Mtns, and Pirates, I'd wander through the lands and see what catches your eye. You've got all day - take your time, enjoy the talking trashcan, the Barbershop Quartet, and all the other nifty things besides the main attractions.

Jan