PDA

View Full Version : Epcot for Dinner

LarryBoy
04-18-2013, 05:40 PM
Does anybody else feel like you could eat dinner at Epcot almost every night of your vacation? We are going for 5 nights this summer and I have already secured ADRs at Garden Grill, Sanaa, and Sci-Fi Dine In. My son loves GG and Sci Fi, so that gaves us one non Epcot night, and I really want to try Sanaa and he wants to see the animals. That gives us two non Epcot nights. Of the two remaining nights almost every where we are considering is at Epcot. We will head back to MK on our Sanaa night, it's an EMH night, and of course HS on the Sci-Fi night. Is it weird to spend three of our five nights at Epcot? I love all the parks at night. Does anybody else find themselves in this situation?

SBETigg
04-18-2013, 07:17 PM
We spend more and more time in World Showcase each vacation. But we also like dining in resorts. It's rare that we have anything but an occasional quick service meal in any park other than Epcot.

Pally
04-18-2013, 07:49 PM
We spend more and more time in World Showcase each vacation. But we also like dining in resorts. It's rare that we have anything but an occasional quick service meal in any park other than Epcot.

Agree. Epcot has great food. The resorts also have some of the best meals.:thumbsup:

buzznwoodysmom
04-18-2013, 08:11 PM
Yes, we could have multiple dinners in epcot too if we let ourselves. There is just so many great places. However, we pace ourselves. We try one new WS location on each trip that way we have new places to look forward to on future trips. We are now getting down to only a handful of places we haven't tried yet. We look so forward to the new experiences so I am glad we have done it this way.

BigB
04-18-2013, 08:14 PM
During our last vacation, out of eight nights we ate in EPCOT seven times and once at the boardwalk (EPCOT lite lol!).

EeyoresBestFriend
04-18-2013, 08:16 PM
Epcot is the main reason that we always get park hoppers! Problem is also that we are needing longer vacations to be able to get to all the favourites :D It seems that most of our foodie favourites are there and, no matter where the rest of the day was, dinner usually ends up there.

There is also the mid evening "I gotta get a crepe" cravings that require that Epcot visit!! :cloud9:

LOVE THE FOOD THERE!!! :thumbsup:

Kairi_7378
04-18-2013, 09:37 PM
We like eating in the WS, too. We actually increased the length of our last vacation to get more Epcot time at DH's request.

I will say that Sanaa is definately worth leaving Epcot for a little while for :-)

snowflakegirl
04-18-2013, 10:29 PM
We ended up back in Epcot on three or four nights of our eight night vacation in 2010. Either specifically for dinner or because we just found wandering the World Showcase to be what we favored ending our night with.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-19-2013, 09:36 AM
This is the reason we need to get a park hopper pass ... we eat too much in Epcot! :)

We're booked for dinner 3 nights of our upcoming trip, and I'm sure we'll add more.

Tigerinvestigator
04-19-2013, 11:54 AM
We have the same problem. We always eat one night at Ohanas and one night at Crystal Palace or Tony's, but other than that we usually end up at Epcot for dinner. Our problem is pretty much the same, we love to eat at Epcot. Garden Grill is our favorite place to eat at WDW, we love San Angel Inn, Marrakesh, LeCellier, Rose and Crown, and have enjoyed others as well. It seems my three daughters new must-do is The Coral Reef. I think that is another reason we love staying at the Dolphin because it is so easy to come and go from Epcot. We usually try to eat at Epcot early evening when the MK is open late so that we still get park time after dinner.:thumbsup:

AvonleaCF
04-19-2013, 12:38 PM
Two of my six ADRs for my upcoming trip are for World Showcase (Biergarten and Rose & Crown), and two more are for the Epcot-area resorts (Flying Fish @ Boardwalk and Cape May Cafe @ Beach Club). Even if I weren't staying at the Beach Club, I'd probably have the same ADRs. Love that area and the choices.

bruin1344
04-19-2013, 01:00 PM
Epcot has the best table and counter services. Most of my trips, I end up eating most of meals there with an occasional resort or DTD restaurant.

LarryBoy
04-19-2013, 02:05 PM
I agree that some of the resorts have great dining, but unless it a monorail resort, they can be hard to get to and take up a lot of your time in doing so.

Janmac
04-19-2013, 04:32 PM
We also eat suppers at Epcot more than anywhere else. On arrival night we will likely be at a resort, so as not to use a park admission, but after that, it's Epcot and usually World Showcase. As other have said, it's the main reason we get park hoppers.

Jan

BigB
04-20-2013, 01:17 PM
We also like showing up to EPCOT a bit early for our dinner reservation so that we can walk the World Showcase and sample the wines. By far our favorite is the ice wine in Germany, mmmmmmm!!!!