PDA

View Full Version : Everyone is going except me

EpcotChic23
04-18-2013, 11:29 AM
I don't know if this is the right place to post, please move if it is wrong. This was the only place I know that would feel my pain. We are not going to WDW this year (we go almost every year) for many reasons but one of the biggest is I am pregnant with Disney Baby #2 in October. I swear though everyone I know is going to WDW this year and its killing me. My parents, friends, coworkers. I feel almost every other week someone is posting on facebook that they are at the airport ready to leave. I guess due to my hormones this is making me so sad. When I talk to DH about this he said I am just acting spoiled, which in reality I am. I just feel everywhere I turn someone else is going to the world but not me. Did this ever happen to you?? I just keep telling myself we will be going in 2014 and I will have 2 children to share my love with. Okay I'm going to go now and cry, I am picturing going next year with my family. Im such a hot mess!!

SBETigg
04-18-2013, 11:38 AM
Aww. I have felt that way before. I try to just focus on when I will be back and how much better it will be after the anticipation. Sometimes, when I don't have a trip ahead, I make a travel plan anyway just to be able to think about what I would be doing there on any given day. Obsessive, maybe, but I have a vivid imagination and it helps get through the down time.

BuddyL4
04-18-2013, 12:10 PM
Well in 2011 we had to cancel our wdw trip when the dear wife and I found out we were going to be first time GRANDPARENTS :marg:!! It was the happiest cancellation we ever had to make. Now fast forward to summer 2013 and we will be taking our 2 year old grandson:party: for his first trip to Disney. Just think of what you have to look forward to, time goes by fast. It was only a few, well maybe more than a few, years ago that I was there with my own children who are now adults. Now I get to do it again with our grandchild :number1: this time though mom and dad can have diaper duty:D

stephicakes
04-18-2013, 01:35 PM
Awwwww! Don't get down! :( The time really WILL go fast and you will be there again before you know it with your whole little fam! Just think of the positive... you will be able to skip this whole "NextGen/FP+" roll out and all its glitches this year. Hopefully it will be a fine oiled machine for you next year. Just stay connected & updated on the boards about it and you will be so much more in the "know" about everything that you will be an expert on it next vaca!

Just take care of yourself & focus on your family and the time will go fast! Listen to Dis music, watch the movies and start planning your next trip! :thumbsup:

:pixie:

snuggs30
04-18-2013, 03:28 PM
I know exactly how you feel. I am going through it right now. My Mom and Dad are there as I write this, and my son is going with his dad and family for 10 days at the end of May. I probably won't get back until April 14. Its been since Oct 2011 since I have been there and I am having a big depression right now. And it does not help when my mom calls me up every 2 hrs to tell me what they are doing:( I am so sad, so i feel your pain! Hopefully your time goes quick!

Disney4us2
04-19-2013, 04:54 PM
I know that feeling. I didn't go while trying to get pregnant or when I was pregnant. I only live 50 miles from Disneyland. I took my DD when she was 3 months old. It was torture being so close.... yet so far

BhamWriter
04-20-2013, 01:19 PM
If you think this is sad, imagine being a little child, spending time at the beach with parents and grandparents (and little brother), getting chicken pox, and going back with your grandparents while your parents and said brother stay to go to Disney World! Now, THAT's sad. Worse? This actually happened to us when my oldest son got sick in Melbourne, FL. He had been to WDW world before, but this was his brother's first trip, so we remained while his grandparents took him to their house in Tennessee. Before he left, we drove him around Disney World, which, in hindsight, seems more like taunting than helping.

MNNHFLTX
04-20-2013, 01:52 PM
I don't think you're being spoiled--there are a lot of things that get put on hold when someone is pregnant and since Disney World is so special to you it's no wonder you're feeling a bit deprived. Start planning that next trip, it might help distract you. :)

minnie04
04-25-2013, 09:57 AM
I know the feeling as well. I was pregnant with my 3rd child. Disney was out of the picture at least in my DH eyes, but we did manage to get there for just a few days when I was 9 months (December nice and cool). Would have been cool to deliver in the MK lol. As soon as he was born I was planning our first trip with him and we were back in 11 months. Just start planning your next trip and also all the new things you have coming up with the new baby. That will make time fly. And just think when you do finally go, all the people that went will be in your shoes. And you can post away :D