PDA

View Full Version : What do you enjoy at the Parks, but it takes too long?

i'm grumpy
04-17-2013, 11:26 AM
We love the character breakfast at O'Hana, but last year it took 3 hours from hotel to getting to the park. :eyes:

SBETigg
04-17-2013, 11:55 AM
We love the character breakfast at O'Hana, but last year it took 3 hours from hotel to getting to the park. :eyes:

Our theory is that it's not just about the parks. It's about our unique experiences and making memories. 'Ohana time works for me. But yes, some things can take too long.

For me, it's Ellen's Energy Adventure. I've always liked it but I haven't done it in years because it just takes too long. I wish they could cut it down or make some improvements.

buzznwoodysmom
04-17-2013, 01:33 PM
The animation class at DHS takes long, but we still love it.

I agree, that sometimes dining takes too long. But we tend not to rush too much in Disney so as long as the meal is enjoyable then we don't mind how long it takes.

MrPeetrie
04-17-2013, 05:30 PM
Getting to and from the Hoop Dee Do Review, coupled with the show, takes a long time. But it's a must-do for us and we allot the entire evening for it. I agree with the previous poster, it's more than just the parks. It's making memories. Last year, my DS2 had a crush on Claire de Lune. We told our server and a few minutes later, Miss de Lune stopped by our table to meet her little admirer. His legs were kicking wildly. He showed her all his trucks and stuff. It was touching and hilarious.

Hats off to all CMs Involved. And his show, for us, is always worth the large time consumption. But some are too long. The Luaua comes to mind.

MNNHFLTX
04-17-2013, 07:19 PM
Taking the ferry from the TTC to the Magic Kingdom. It's such a enjoyable experience but I often talked myself out of it because I was impatient to get there (this was when we lived in Florida).

VWL Mom
04-17-2013, 07:27 PM
I enjoy the Liberty Square Riverboat but the boys don't have the patience for it anymore. It's just so relaxing to me.

cer
04-17-2013, 11:24 PM
Parades. Just too much time to "stake out" a spot before hand.

Oh, and I pretty much feel the same about Fantasmic, too.

AgentC
04-17-2013, 11:46 PM
Taking the ferry from the TTC to the Magic Kingdom. It's such a enjoyable experience but I often talked myself out of it because I was impatient to get there (this was when we lived in Florida).

I think for me it's getting to Magic Kingdom in general. It's just so much more difficult to get in and out of it than any other park. :D

Katzateer
04-18-2013, 08:05 AM
Anything at Fort Wilderness, Toy Story at the studios (I love it but haven't bothered with it in a couple of years). And Peter Pan seems to have such long lines we haven't rode in awhile.

I have waited for Belle's story time but won't my trip next week unless the line is short.

BrerGnat
04-18-2013, 08:16 AM
Carousel of Progress. I love it, but usually about halfway through, I'm like "is it over yet?" :blush:

The Railroad. I ride it for my kids. I like it, but it is a major time commitment to go all the way around.

Most of the stage shows. Really, at this point, the only one I think is actually worth the time commitment is Lion King at AK.

Daytime parades. I like watching them when I happen to be walking by as they are going, but I cannot justify spending 1-2 hours of my day sitting around, waiting, and then watching one.

Altair
04-18-2013, 08:42 AM

If you time it right, the travel time is the same as the monorail. :mickey:

I'd like to try Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom, but it takes too long.:(

MNNHFLTX
04-18-2013, 09:22 AM
Daytime parades. I like watching them when I happen to be walking by as they are going, but I cannot justify spending 1-2 hours of my day sitting around, waiting, and then watching one.
I feel the same. The only time I tend to watch the parades is when I'm with friends or at an INTERCOT meet. :mickey:

If you time it right, the travel time is the same as the monorail.

I know, I never seemed to time it right. :mickey:

AvonleaCF
04-18-2013, 11:09 AM
I can't be the only one who sometimes passes up a ride just because they're sick of sitting through the pre-show spiel/safety video. :D

(I know it's for safety, and also for crowd control, as the length of it is usually the same as the length of the ride, like on Star Tours, Mission: Space, and Soarin', but sometimes I walk by and I'm like, meh, don't feel like sitting through that right now...).

ransam
04-18-2013, 12:01 PM
the planning and anticpation of the next vacation.
I love planning, i love the thrill of knowing it's coming up. I love the countdown.
but....it takes too darn long.

PopPhan
04-18-2013, 12:24 PM
the planning and anticpation of the next vacation.
I love planning, i love the thrill of knowing it's coming up. I love the countdown.
but....it takes too darn long.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!!!!!! :thumbsup:

stephicakes
04-18-2013, 12:54 PM
For me, it's Ellen's Energy Adventure. I've always liked it but I haven't done it in years because it just takes too long. I wish they could cut it down or make some improvements.

Yes - me too!! And I really think it's cute and I LOVE Ellen... but no matter how much energy (pun intended) I have going in there, I am half asleep when I leave this attraction. Totally takes the wind out of my sail... :bored:

DisneyDINK
04-18-2013, 01:25 PM
I think the out-of-the-way dining takes way too long for me to bother with anymore, especially breakfast. I'll only have a nice sit-down breakfast once each trip and only if in or near my resort or conveniently on the way to a park. Even going to Boma before a day at AK, forget it; first you have to drive, cab or take 2 busses to get there, then you eat, then you still have to bus to the park. (I really wish there was a dedicated walking path from the AKL to the AK.) By the time you finally get to the park you've probably missed the rope drop. It is just so more relaxing and time efficient to eat at your resort, close to your resort or in a park.

MrPeetrie
04-18-2013, 07:39 PM
When you think about standing in a boring queue coupled with a long ride that doesn't really pack any punch the Backlot Tour comes to mind. The best thing about that attraction: shopping at the store when it was (finally) over.

indytraveler
04-19-2013, 11:16 AM
Staking out my area for a parade. Compromise watching only one, evening, so no afternoon. In all my years of doing the parks I've never been caught on the "wrong side" trying to cross a parade. That would be time consuming

luvkatiebug
04-19-2013, 02:37 PM
Tom Sawyer's Island - my kids probably don't even know that place exists! My OCD just wont let me wait to ride the raft thing across and then just let them casually play while I relax?? No way - like I always say, Disney is a "working vacation"! :mickey:

SandmanGStefani24
04-20-2013, 01:14 AM
soarin comes to mind. great ride, but even with fastpass my last wait was 40 minutes.

would add Toy Story Mania but have STILL not ridden it bc of the horrendus lines....

maybe someday...

EJS-Houston
04-22-2013, 12:03 PM
Our theory is that it's not just about the parks. It's about our unique experiences and making memories. 'Ohana time works for me. But yes, some things can take too long.

Funny...I enjoy it for many reasons, but one of them is its length. I like having an attraction where I can relax in air-conditioned comfort for 40 or so minutes.

SlinkyDog
04-23-2013, 07:22 PM
I hate wasting time trying to get a good spot for the parades. Some meet and greet lines are outrageous and I wish they could speed up the boats to and from Epcot and the studios. I love taking them buy my god are they slow.

AmandaChan
04-24-2013, 08:35 AM
Parades. Just too much time to "stake out" a spot before hand.

Oh, and I pretty much feel the same about Fantasmic, too.

yeah. dh and i had always gone with just us but since the next trip will consist of our 2 and 4 year old looks like we'll be staking out and having to watch the parade/fantasmic at least once. for us it's worth it just to do once but i will miss the days of dodging the crowds like a ninja before it gets crazy.

crltkcagle
04-27-2013, 08:42 PM
The wait for Monsters Inc. laugh floor always seems like it takes forever.

NewmanFamily6
04-27-2013, 10:42 PM
My kids love to get autographs but the waiting in the lines can be a bit much. Also, space mountain...the line is usually rough just to come out with a headache.

MrPeetrie
04-28-2013, 10:04 AM
Meals at Cinderella Castle.

There's something magical about eating there, overlooking Fantasyland. But when you consider check-in time, waiting for your picture to be taken, waiting to be called upstairs, waiting for your order to be taken, which is usually pretty quick, and waiting for the Princesses to come by, all I can think of is "I wish I was outside riding something."

tiggerbuddy
04-28-2013, 07:00 PM
Another vote for Ellen...
Too long a wait for 5 mins of Dinos.:mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
04-30-2013, 09:25 PM
Any parade.

waymickey
05-01-2013, 12:22 PM
Funny...I enjoy it for many reasons, but one of them is its length. I like having an attraction where I can relax in air-conditioned comfort for 40 or so minutes.

That is what I use Ellens energy thing for and COP. A break from the heat!

For me in general I don't do sit down dinners becasue it just takes too long. Usually just one or two a vacation. I can eat at great resturants at home but I only get to be in Disney for a few days and I can't justify taking 2 -3 hours out to eat. Dinner shows are an exception .

phillydan
05-02-2013, 12:14 PM
Astro Orbitor. Why oh why can't they come up with a better loading process? The elevators are the worst.

DonaldDuckUSA
05-03-2013, 11:16 AM
would add Toy Story Mania but have STILL not ridden it bc of the horrendus lines....

maybe someday...

I finally just buckled down and said "We're doing HS as a morning park. I don't care what anyone else does in the AM, but I'm going there for fastpasses.

DBF gave the impression that he doesn't want to do it again until we have kids (mostly because of the line), but I'd do a fastpass-focused morning again.

CanadaLovesDisney
05-11-2013, 02:14 PM
Peter Pan
Toy story mania
Kali river rapids
The lines are always wayyyyy too long!

mdricks
05-17-2013, 08:49 PM
Sleeping!

:number1:

ANG
05-18-2013, 09:32 AM
Parades. We only do them like every other time because I can't stand waiting in the "perfect" spot. But we also have little kids and it makes it that much harder. By the time the parade starts, they are dying to run around.

TheVBs
05-19-2013, 08:43 AM
I agree with a lot of these, but we still do them occasionally. Getting to a meal at another resort is a huge time commitment and we usually only do it for a dinner show. When we have reservations for a dinner show, we usually make that a water park day, leave the park at 2-3pm, then dedicate the afternoon/evening to getting ready, getting there and enjoying the event.

I think our girls are now at the point where they're weighing the length of a line with their desire to meet the character. I love the meet and greets, but it can take a long time to do even a handful!

#1donaldfan
05-20-2013, 12:04 PM
I'd have to say the staking out of land before a parade.....you can't just have a spot saved, let the kids go get a drink or popcorn, else someone comes in and takes their spot !!

caryrae
05-21-2013, 08:35 PM
Most queues at the end of the day. I admit I am overweight and after a day of walking and standing in lines my feet hurt and standing in queues at the end of the day my feet just really don't want me standing anymore but my mind does.