PDA

View Full Version : Which area of MK do you start on mid-day arrival?

DizMagic
04-16-2013, 09:46 AM
On the day we check in, we should be able to reach Magic Kingdom by noon with plans to stay in the park until closing. We will be there early October. With that relatively late start, is it better crowd-wise to begin the day with a left-to-right plan, beginning with the Pirates ride, or go straight to the new Fantasyland. Anyone have a good plan for those days with a mid-day arrival? Thanks!

MickeysBestPal
04-16-2013, 10:45 AM
On the day we check in, we should be able to reach Magic Kingdom by noon with plans to stay in the park until closing. We will be there early October. With that relatively late start, is it better crowd-wise to begin the day with a left-to-right plan, beginning with the Pirates ride, or go straight to the new Fantasyland. Anyone have a good plan for those days with a mid-day arrival? Thanks!

I vote left-to-right plan, beginning with Pirates.
Grab a Jungle Cruise FP or BTMRR FP before riding Pirates.

MOJoe
04-16-2013, 11:22 AM
Left to right, right to left, i'm not sure it matters much. The park will be fairly full by noon.

When i do this, i don't expect to cover the entire park. Instead i decide which attractions i want to see most, get fastpasses if available, and just go with the flow. :nemo:

#1donaldfan
04-16-2013, 12:00 PM
:cool:I think by noon the park will have leveled out with all areas full, so for me, I'd go to the area with the ride / attraction I like best, then go from there.....:cool:

bruin1344
04-16-2013, 01:14 PM
Left to right, right to left, i'm not sure it matters much. The park will be fairly full by noon.

When i do this, i don't expect to cover the entire park. Instead i decide which attractions i want to see most, get fastpasses if available, and just go with the flow. :nemo:

I agree.

Granny Jill A
04-16-2013, 01:46 PM
I agree.

Make it three to agree - especially the going with the flow part.:)

Capt_redshirt
04-16-2013, 01:49 PM
also check to see if its a MNSSHP night they will start moving people around about 5 ish so keep that in mind when your there

Kenny1113
04-16-2013, 01:51 PM
:cool:I think by noon the park will have leveled out with all areas full, so for me, I'd go to the area with the ride / attraction I like best, then go from there.....:cool:

:ditto:

Have fun! :mickey:

MickeysBestPal
04-16-2013, 04:11 PM
Even though I agree that the park will be "uniformly" (give or take) busy when you arrive, I purposely (and still stick with) answered with what I think will be a serviceable starting plan.

I vote left-to-right plan, beginning with Pirates.

Grab a Jungle Cruise FP or BTMRR FP before riding Pirates.

That will get you going just about any time after about 11AM, or so.

PrincessJadesMom
04-16-2013, 04:50 PM
We always either go from left to right or take the train straight back to Splash Mountain.

mgmnut
04-16-2013, 05:38 PM
We always either go from left to right or take the train straight back to Splash Mountain.

ditto!!

indytraveler
04-16-2013, 07:28 PM
Start with Pirates but check FP's for Thunder Mountain. (left to right)

SlinkyDog
04-16-2013, 08:13 PM
If you arrive at noon anything goes. Think about what rides you really want to get on, use what fast passes you can and just relax! I find getting to the parks late on the first day to be stressful if you try to plan out the day. Also I suggest waiting to riding the jungle cruise till the night. That's when its at its best, dark creepy boat ride with a cast member who has been telling the same jokes for 7 hours and just wants to go home. Good times.

WhiteRose1
04-16-2013, 10:26 PM
If you are going in Early October, the parks will not be crowded. I'd avoid any park with a Morning EMH cause many people without parkhoppers will be 'stuck' there the whole day...besides that, I would avoid Columbus Day weekend.