PDA

View Full Version : Runners United to Remember Boston

PirateLover
04-16-2013, 12:22 AM
For anyone interested, there is an event created on Facebook by the group called Run Junkees entitled Runners United to Remember. They have created an image that you can print out as a race bib to wear on your runs in the upcoming days to show solidarity with those who were victims of the attack today during the Boston Marathon.

Here is their wording:
This is a virtual run event, which means you can run (or walk) any distance, anywhere and at anytime. It is intended to both honor the victims as well as display an act of unity and solidarity in the running community. This was an event dreamed up by fellow Runners and you are welcome to invite anyone to join. THIS IS NOT A FUND RAISER. PLEASE be careful of scams (already) of people claiming to be raising money. A special thanks to TJ from VO2 the MAX for creating the "race" bib. Once you've completed your unity run you are welcome to post a picture to the RunJunkEes facebook page (please do not email pictures). Other runners are suggesting to wear a race shirt as well, so if you have one and you'd like to do so that would be great.

It's always remarkable to see how we rally together in times of tragedy. Seeing the number of racers and race volunteers running TO the scene of destruction to help those who were injured, rather than running away in fear, is inspiring. I will be wearing my "bib" tomorrow.

BriarRose0708
04-16-2013, 09:04 AM
This is awesome. I'll be wearing one the next two weekends at the races I'm participating in. Thanks for sharing it here!