PDA

View Full Version : July 4th

ANG
04-14-2013, 05:22 PM
July 4th in the parks, should I even bother? What about the entire week (the holiday is on a Thursday). Is there a park less crowded on that day?

stephicakes
04-15-2013, 05:29 AM
July 4th in the parks, should I even bother? What about the entire week (the holiday is on a Thursday). Is there a park less crowded on that day?

We will be there too, ANG... interested in the responses as well. It was the only week the entire family could do it. :confused: Eeek!

jamiem
04-15-2013, 06:44 AM
We will also be there that week. Our plan is to avoid parks on the 4th and spend our time at a water park and Downtown Disney.

minnie04
04-15-2013, 09:31 AM
We will be there too :mickey: Water park sounds good to me as well. Im in no hurry to hit the parks, but will see depending on the weather. Im going to leave it up to the kids on this one.

DizneyRox
04-15-2013, 12:46 PM
It's busy... Even the water parks will hit capacity (probably a better chance than the parks). That whole week is pretty nutty, it does down the second full week a bit.

The summer is just busy, and hot and humid... That's when we used to go however, with schools and such, it's really the only option. Been cruising instead the past few ears and like it better. The weather is better (less humid) and a better value over WDW.

Scott C
04-15-2013, 10:22 PM
Well.......

A voice of dissent here--I love going on July 4th. It is insanely busy a nd hot a humid. You also won't get much touring done. BUT I love the fireworks and being in the huge crowd has its own magic feeling and it makes it more worthwhile.

It really makes for a different type of trip, but it is not a deal killer. If it is the only time that you can go, you can still have a great time there. You just need to have realistic expectations and the proper attitude

Thanks
Scott C

indytraveler
04-16-2013, 07:34 PM
Back when we were going yearly, we would be there around the 4th time frame. However, I was never in the parks on the 4th but made it there on the 5th, etc.

Side note: We were able to make all rides and attractions we wanted to do, some even more than twice. Don't be discouraged by the holiday. Or the heat for that matter. We planned on being in the park all day with no breaks, Our breaks were no park days where we relaxed all day.

Main Street Jim
04-18-2013, 05:53 PM
Keep in mind that at least at Magic Kingdom, the park may close due to reaching capacity early in the afternoon. They have been running the 4th of July fireworks on July 3rd as well, to try and give everyone an opportunity to see them. Theye are *amazing*, as instead of just being "over the castle" and behind the park, they *completely surround* the Magic Kingdom, as well as shooting them off of one of the islands in Seven Seas Lagoon :thumbsup:

VWL Mom
04-18-2013, 07:45 PM
Don't forget, this year they'll be running Independence Week at MK as part of the Limited Time Magic campaign. Got this from Melanie's post that can be found here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=196891).

July 1-7 - Independence Week
Magic Kingdom
The 4th of July is seven days long this year as Disney salutes America with a spectacular 4th of July Fireworks Party. Everything will be red, white and blue, from the fireworks and Cinderella Castle down to special-edition U.S.A. shirts, ear hats and other patriotic souvenirs

This should give you some extra opportunities to see the holiday fireworks.

luvkatiebug
04-19-2013, 02:27 PM
We are also going at this time, but we are arriving on the 5th. We usually go in early June, but husband has a conflict this year. I told my girls (8 and 12), we will just have to make our "have to do list" and run there first each day. We plan on getting to parks early and taking midday breaks and going back at night. Also - plan on lots of pool time. On one of our days off, we want to try Splitsville in Downtown Disney for sure. It looks like lots of fun! Enjoy.:mickey: