PDA

View Full Version : Shula's Steakhouse & the 48 oz club

iceicebritney
04-13-2013, 06:59 PM
Has anyone out in intercotland dined at shula's and successfully become a member of the 48 oz club?

Although we've stayed at the S&D in the late 90's, we did not dine at the resorts while we were there. We are carnivores who love a good steak. :thumbsup: Yachtsmen is our favorite restaurant on wdw property and we are looking for something new to add to our upcoming trip.

We are on the deluxe dining plan and it feels a little silly to eat somewhere that, from what i understand, is not included on the dining plan. However, I recently read a great review on the disney food blog. Any thoughts on this restaurant would be greatly appreciated.

SBETigg
04-13-2013, 08:05 PM
Shula's is excellent. But I could only manage about six ounces with everything else so good to eat along with the steak. It's expensive but worth it-- though probably not what I would choose if I had Deluxe DDP credits to use as well. I do think it blows Yachtsman away, but I've made no secret of my dislike for Yachtsman's Steakhouse.

Madame Leona
04-13-2013, 09:07 PM
We ate at the one in Michigan several years ago but it's closed now :( It was the best steak I have ever had in my entire life!!! The sides were fabulous..dessert was fabulous. My husband did finish that beast of a steak. He still talks about it.

iceicebritney
04-14-2013, 02:52 PM
I'm glad to hear good things about Shula's. My husband and I went to a Morton's steakhouse last year for our anniversary and it as by far the worst steaks we have ever had. After that, I'm hesitant to try high priced steakhouses without hearing what others have experienced first.

Is it worth it to skip out on our dining plan one night and pay out of pocket for a visit to Shula's? Last year we did that with Bistro De Paris, and it truly did not disappoint. I'm so glad we got to experience the restaurant as it was before it closed.

SBETigg
04-14-2013, 06:33 PM
I've only had really great experiences at Morton's, actually. But my Shula's dinner was even better. But I don't know what to tell you if you love Yachtsman and did not like Morton's. It might be that our tastes do not match up and I wouldn't want you to regret it. Though, Bistro de Paris was one of my favorites. So... hmm.

Yo Mickey!
04-14-2013, 09:28 PM
big fan of shula's but have never had the 48 oz steak. it truly is a dining experience. i could never do a 48 oz steak...the appetizers are amazing (my favorite is the bacon wrapped prawns - huge), the steaks are excellent, and the sides are huge (big enough to share for two people).

great desserts as well. i have been to a lot of great steak houses (morton's too) and shula's ranks at the top tier, easily.

Katzateer
04-15-2013, 09:23 AM
I have been to Shulas in NYC and it was great! Hope you enjoy

If you are ever in Amarillo Texas go to the Big Texan. It s an experience you will never forget and if you eat the large dinner they offer, and can eat everything on your plate, the dinner is free.

DizneyRox
04-15-2013, 01:09 PM
There's is a pretty big difference in flavors between a good steak house (Ruth's Chris, Shula's, Chop House) and your everyday steakhouse, like an Outback, everything owned by Disney, etc.

Not liking one or the other makes sense...

Belle of the Ball 051411
04-15-2013, 01:39 PM
DH and I ate at Shula's on our last two trips and the food and service were impeccable. I highly recommend it!

Don't make plans after you eat though, you'll want to just go back to your hotel, put your "fat" pants on and just lay in bed. :)