PDA

View Full Version : I never thought it would happen....KidCot stations...

Terra
04-13-2013, 09:30 AM
My boys who are 4.5 and 6 never cared a bit about the KidCot stations in EPCOT.
And suddenly they are really getting into it. Getting into the countries, the customs, the languages. It is awesome!

My oldest is actually autistic and he has always been fascinated with maps and such. So he has really grasped the "worldliness" of EPCOT. We got him a passport and were able to get 5 countries done last visit. He LOVED it!!!

I am so excited! I do "date days" with my sons there. I take one at a time so we can enjoy it together and do whatever they want. And they are so into picking EPCOT, watching the movies, talking to the people. Yay!! I love it because EPCOT is my favorite park!

AmandaChan
04-13-2013, 09:49 AM
That's awesome! I know disney really makes an effort to make specials visits for everyone even at an "adult park". It makes me so sad when people go to wdw and completely overlook Epcot (we had friends do that recently).. whenever I picture myself in Florida I picture myself at Epcot! everytime!

Kairi_7378
04-13-2013, 10:32 AM
So glad that your sons are into the Epcot experience and that you get to enjoy trips with them there.

When we took our son on his forst trip, people told us to skip Epcot because he'd find it boring at age 3. He loved it. I think that everyone has to find something that helps them relate to the countries. For our son it was the food. Sounds like the kidcot stations were what appealed to your guys.

Terra
04-13-2013, 11:49 AM
Oh the food is amazing. I've been going to WDW for nearly 15 years. EPCOT has always been my favorite, and I always hoped when I had children they would discover the love too. And now that they have!

I've also found honestly that it's one of the best places to teach about differences in culture and tolerance for one another. Love it!! :)

bruin1344
04-13-2013, 12:49 PM
Sometimes it takes a few for young kids to like Epcot. I used to dislike epcot until I was 8 years old then I started to like it a lot as I became fascinated with World Showcase.

DVC2004
04-13-2013, 12:54 PM
That's great! My kids loved Epcot once they got into the Kidcot stops, too. We got them a new passport each year for a while. They loved when the Kidcot CMs would write their names in their language. I know one of them even used it for show and tell at school once.

BrerGnat
04-13-2013, 01:07 PM
Epcot is our boys favorite park! My oldest, in particular, couldn't care less about MK, even on his first trip when he was only 5.

That's cool that your kids are into it now, so you can spend much more time there. :thumbsup:

Terra
04-13-2013, 01:22 PM
Epcot is our boys favorite park! My oldest, in particular, couldn't care less about MK, even on his first trip when he was only 5.

That's cool that your kids are into it now, so you can spend much more time there. :thumbsup:

Exactly! :mickey:

Yes, David LOVED when the Japanese CM workers did his name in their native writing! He just looked at it all day!!!!

buzznwoodysmom
04-13-2013, 06:55 PM
Add my boys to the group of kiddos that love Epcot. They are 13 and 11 now, but Epcot has always been one of their favorite parks. They could spend whole days in WS without getting board.

My nephews on the other hand just don't "get it". They are same ages as my boys. They were planning for their recent trip and my SIL asked me, "What will the kids do, ride Soarin and TT all day? That's all they like in Epcot". :shake:

Terra
04-13-2013, 08:08 PM
Add my boys to the group of kiddos that love Epcot. They are 13 and 11 now, but Epcot has always been one of their favorite parks. They could spend whole days in WS without getting board.

My nephews on the other hand just don't "get it". They are same ages as my boys. They were planning for their recent trip and my SIL asked me, "What will the kids do, ride Soarin and TT all day? That's all they like in Epcot". :shake:

I hear that a lot too. I don't get it. There is so much to do, so many shows, so many undiscovered things. It's such a great place and opportunity for teaching!

steph436
04-14-2013, 02:10 PM
Thankfully, my DS (9yo) loves EPCOT. We have to stop at all of the Kidcot stations and lunch is always at the Tangierine Cafe. He loves the lamb! :secret: My husband and I are big fans of EPCOT so we really appreciate our child enjoying the park so much.

kakn7294
04-14-2013, 06:08 PM
My girls are 13 and 18 and we still love to stop at the Kidcot stations if they're not busy. The CMs there have the most fasincating stories from their countries. Our favorites are Norway and Canada.

Gator
04-16-2013, 04:31 PM
My kids, who were 7, 5, and 1 loved the Kidcot stations. But not nearly as much as the Phineas and Ferb Adventures.

Terra
04-16-2013, 08:33 PM
My kids, who were 7, 5, and 1 loved the Kidcot stations. But not nearly as much as the Phineas and Ferb Adventures.

I may need to try that next. Do you think that would hold an almost 5 year old's attention?

Iluvtink
04-17-2013, 12:25 PM
We haven't done the Phineas and Ferb adventure yet (looking forward to that in August), but my son loved the Kim Possible adventures. It was one of the highlights of our trips. He can still take or leave the Kidcot stations.

Eponine
04-19-2013, 03:24 PM
Confession time....

I'm an adult and I do the kidcot stations and I don't even have kids!! :secret:

It's fun to sit down in color (can't do that at work) and relax during vacation.

Terra
04-19-2013, 04:33 PM
That's a good confessions! Heck, I sit down with my boys and color in coloring books with them!!