PDA

View Full Version : A Strange Value Resort Experience.

Dewdrop034
04-12-2013, 09:02 PM
I have a friend who just got back from Disney last week and stayed at The ASM Resort. I was asking her all about it because that's where my husband & I are staying next month. She told me on the last day of her trip she and her family were standing in the lobby and they could see out the window a half dozen SUVs, a few Escalades and a black Limousine.
She asked the desk clerk who the important person with the entourage was and they told her that the President of Mexico's daughter was staying at the resort.
She said, "Really? You would think the daughter of a President would stay at the Grand Floridian or the Comtemporary." They all agreed in unison and told her they couldn't believe they chose a value of all places.
I just thought I would share this story and now I believe I picked the right place to stay this time. :thumbsup:

BrerGnat
04-13-2013, 09:37 AM
Well, I assume she was trying to fly under the radar by doing that. I mean, I can imagine that the daughter of the president of Mexico is probably a high value target, and it would be expected that she'd be at one of the higher end resorts. Gotta throw off the trail...

brownie
04-13-2013, 02:38 PM
A little hard to stay under the radar with a motorcade.

It's a lot harder to secure a protectee at a place like the value resorts since they are so spread out and the rooms all open to the outside. I'm also surprised a cast member would tell another guest; that would be a security failure. It doesn't seem quite right to me, but anything's possible.