View Full Version : Episode 49 - Gotta Put The Gators Somewhere

John
04-12-2013, 11:00 AM
The Cast: Christine, Carol, Melanie, Ian and John

- Big News, Disney Unveils Vision for Disney Springs

- Do you like the new name?

- The Dogs interrupt the show

- We go over the new layout of Downtown Disney

- DVC points going thru the roof! Visit the Timeshare Store!

- Mr Rogers, Captain Kangaroo and more

- Food Trucks at Downtown Disney?

- Why is there no place to go late at night in Disney? Besides Jellyrolls

- RFID Card exchanges

- Vera Bradley purses

- New minimum age for park entry

- January #runICOT event - April 9th registration opens

- Carol mocks John and his lack of reservation planning

- Best of Favorite Disney Movie. *Carol - Little Mermaid, Christine - Mary Poppins, Melanie - Pirates of the Carribean, Ian - Cars, John - The Lion King.

- We need a new recurring segment - we’re running out of ideas

- Ian has not seen It’s a Wonderful Life!

- Flower and Garden

>> Listen, Love, Download, Share the Fun! (http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2013/episode-49.asp)

Carol
04-12-2013, 11:03 AM
I don't remember that line about the gators. LOL :dizzy:

Melanie
04-12-2013, 11:09 AM

Me either. But that's the case half the time for me with the titles. LOL!

And so, here it is - my formal, in writing, apology to John for poo-pooing his Best Of choice. I'm sorry, John! :blush: But seriously, I really didn't ever get the hype. ;)

John
04-12-2013, 11:17 AM
Sometimes the best titles come from lines that go under the radar...

Dopey's Girl
04-12-2013, 11:36 AM
This just made my day. I'm leaving in a week and need a dose of Disney on this damp, cloudy, snowy MN day!

Christine
04-12-2013, 12:08 PM

Me either. But that's the case half the time for me with the titles. LOL!

And so, here it is - my formal, in writing, apology to John for poo-pooing his Best Of choice. I'm sorry, John! :blush: But seriously, I really didn't ever get the hype. ;)

I don't remember either? But it's been a while & I've slept since then

I also owe John an apology about dissing Lion King- and for doing it again on episode 50 :blush: :giveup: :sorry: ;)

Melanie
04-12-2013, 12:24 PM
I also owe John an apology about dissing Lion King- and for doing it again on episode 50 :blush: :giveup: :sorry: ;)

Yeah, it's not like we changed our minds. ;)

P.S. Christine and I don't like Bruce Springsteen either. :D

BriarRose0708
04-12-2013, 12:24 PM
I appreciate the Mr. Rogers reference!

Melanie
04-12-2013, 12:25 PM
I appreciate the Mr. Rogers reference!

Ah, yeah. I'm remembering now. This episode was actually kind of bittersweet. Lots of memories.

BriarRose0708
04-12-2013, 12:50 PM
"you can't swing a dead cat without hitting someone wearing Vera Bradley at the parks"

LOL Christine I just busted out laughing so hard.

I can't wait for these bags to come out!

Hammer
04-12-2013, 01:15 PM
If I try and play Episode 49 from the page (not downloading the episode), it is not working.

EDIT: and if I choose to download the episode, I receive a 404 file not found on the Podbean.com page.

wildernesslady
04-12-2013, 01:41 PM
John, I too grew up in Doylestown. I walked everywhere and always felt safe. We now live in Gilbetsville and my kids were never allowed to walk alone. It is a different time. Such a shame.

Ian
04-12-2013, 01:42 PM
This just made my day. I'm leaving in a week and need a dose of Disney on this damp, cloudy, snowy MN day!We leave in a week, too!

Christine
04-12-2013, 01:57 PM
Ha! Just started listening and I was the one that said "gotta put the gators somewhere!"

Goes to show even I don't listen to a word I say!
:doh:

Christine
04-12-2013, 02:01 PM
Yeah, it's not like we changed our minds. ;)

Yep! And I like the new saying you developed "he's Lion King to me"

Can't wait to use it.
"Christine do you like spaghetti and meatballs?"
"Eh,not really. It's pretty Lion King to me"

:funny:

PirateLover
04-12-2013, 02:15 PM
I can sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow too!!!!

Hammer
04-12-2013, 02:31 PM
If I try and play Episode 49 from the page (not downloading the episode), it is not working.

EDIT: and if I choose to download the episode, I receive a 404 file not found on the Podbean.com page.

Well, now I can access from podbean.com. The page option is not working, though.

PirateLover
04-12-2013, 02:41 PM
Well, now I can access from podbean.com. The page option is not working, though.

I wonder if it's a browser issue? I'm playing it from the page, using Firefox.

Dopey's Girl
04-12-2013, 02:49 PM
We leave in a week, too!

Yay! Maybe I'll run into you all!

I love the Mr. Rogers segment. I was just expressing my disgust that it's not on in my area any more. I loved that show growing up. We were only allowed to watch that and Sesame Street, so I have very fond memories of them both.

My best of is Snow White. It's the first Disney movie I remember watching with my Gram, and it's still one of my top 10 favorite movies.

I'm in shock that anyone has has not seen the Wizard of Oz...shocked!

I also loved all the talk of the marathon events not filling up...Can't believe how fast they went! I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone again. Nervous about running, but at least I have some Intercot friends to either run with, or have cheering me on!

John
04-12-2013, 03:11 PM
Just tried in IE and Chrome - both working from the page: http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2013/episode-49.asp

PODBEAN, our provider isn't perfect... it's possible there is/was an issue with them or your routing to them.

John
04-12-2013, 03:12 PM
i can sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow too!!!!

awesome! :)

John
04-12-2013, 03:20 PM
John, I too grew up in Doylestown. I walked everywhere and always felt safe. We now live in Gilbetsville and my kids were never allowed to walk alone. It is a different time. Such a shame.

My paper route went right down main street from the farm house tavern (where they used to give me a free soda every day) past Arby's to the top of the hill, where I would take a right on North Broad Street and head back to my house at 243 Hillcrest Drive :)

BriarRose0708
04-12-2013, 04:40 PM
I think you should do Best of Best of's as your last Best Of segment.

New recurring segment could be an extension of the This Week in Disney History thread that vizsla posts in the Mousellaneous forum. Discuss something significant that happened that week or month and how it's impacted you and your relationship with all things Disney. I don't know if that would be interesting to anyone else but could be cool.

Melanie
04-12-2013, 05:45 PM
Ha! Just started listening and I was the one that said "gotta put the gators somewhere!"

What were you referring to? :scratch: You gotta tell me, because I never listen. :blush:

Yep! And I like the new saying you developed "he's Lion King to me"

Can't wait to use it.
"Christine do you like spaghetti and meatballs?"
"Eh,not really. It's pretty Lion King to me"

:funny:

What I was trying to say (and this is in Ep. 50 for those following along), and not sure if I got it out correctly, is that Bruce Springsteen is to me in the music world what Lion King is to me in the Disney movie world. I don't get it. Clear as mud, right? :D

I think you should do Best of Best of's as your last Best Of segment.

We actually ended up doing our most memorable INTERCOT moment, which I think turned out pretty well.

NJGIRL
04-12-2013, 09:48 PM

OMG I love you girls.....can't stand him. Do you know what it was like growing up in NJ in the 80's and not liking him. I was tortured by having to listen to his talking really fast and calling it singing on the radio.

NJGIRL
04-12-2013, 09:51 PM
I can sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow too!!!!

Wasn't this Captain Noah

Melanie
04-12-2013, 10:00 PM
OMG I love you girls.....can't stand him. Do you know what it was like growing up in NJ in the 80's and not liking him. I was tortured by having to listen to his talking really fast and calling it singing on the radio.

Rita, this is definitely a first. Seems like everyone from Jersey and Philly LOVE him.

Christine
04-12-2013, 11:40 PM

Probably as bad as living in Texas and not liking Garth Brooks, George Strait, or Alan Jackson! ;) :sick:

Melanie the gator comment was about the waterways of Lake-Buena-Vista-Shopping-Village-Downtown-Disney-hyperion-wharf- Springs (limited time magic your way fast pass plus) ;)

With all the preserve areas around here, they gotta put the gators somewhere!

PirateLover
04-13-2013, 08:22 AM
Yes, sing a rainbow was from Captain Noah. Ian and John were singing it on the podcast.

There was a time when I did not like the Lion King. When it first came out, I loved it! But then, it seemed like everyone I knew was obsessed with it and it was overkill. Eventually I came back around. The broadway show was phenomenonal, the scenes in Mickey's philharmagic are amazing, and the songs stand the test of time. I have seen all the movies that you guys were listing as never seen and they are all classics, so get to it!

It's very hard for me to pick a favorite movie but I'd probably go with Beauty and the Beast. I watched that one the most as a kid and could identify the most with Belle as a book lover in a time where people were starting to turn away from books.

As for Bruce... I'll just chime in to say I didn't really "get" him until I accompanied my mega-fan brother to one of his shows. Now I'm a full fledged convert. He's not a great singer. He's a great story teller and entertainer... But I can see how that's not everyone's bag.

NJGIRL
04-13-2013, 11:51 AM
Rita, this is definitely a first. Seems like everyone from Jersey and Philly LOVE him.

Not me. :D But he was my sisters favorite singer. :mad: It drove me crazy.
I'm a Journey girl...always have been. :blush:

wildernesslady
04-13-2013, 01:32 PM
My paper route went right down main street from the farm house tavern (where they used to give me a free soda every day) past Arby's to the top of the hill, where I would take a right on North Broad Street and head back to my house at 243 Hillcrest Drive :)

No way, It's a small world after all. I lived on Clinton St until I was about 12 when we moved to 223 Hillcrest Dr. We were there for about 3 years. Where did you go to school. I went to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel. I graduated in 1983. Also, my aunt used to be a server at the Farm House Tavern. Too funny.

John
04-13-2013, 02:07 PM
No way, It's a small world after all. I lived on Clinton St until I was about 12 when we moved to 223 Hillcrest Dr. We were there for about 3 years. Where did you go to school. I went to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel. I graduated in 1983. Also, my aunt used to be a server at the Farm House Tavern. Too funny.

I graduated from High School in 89. We moved to Lansdale at the beginning of 7th Grade. went to OLMC for church. Elementary was Doyle Elementary K-6 for me ;)

John
04-13-2013, 02:11 PM
Not me. :D But he was my sisters favorite singer. :mad: It drove me crazy.
I'm a Journey girl...always have been. :blush:

Again - not everyone. Can't stand Bruce. Was definitely in the minority at my High School outside of Philly.

NJGIRL
04-13-2013, 08:39 PM
Again - not everyone. Can't stand Bruce. Was definitely in the minority at my High School outside of Philly.

I knew there was a reason I liked you John! :thumbsup:

Melanie
04-13-2013, 11:20 PM

I graduated from High School in 89. We moved to Lansdale at the beginning of 7th Grade. went to OLMC for church. Elementary was Doyle Elementary K-6 for me ;)

Cue the music - It's a world of laughter, a world of tears.....

Ian
04-16-2013, 02:15 PM
As for Bruce... I'll just chime in to say I didn't really "get" him until I accompanied my mega-fan brother to one of his shows. Now I'm a full fledged convert. He's not a great singer. He's a great story teller and entertainer... But I can see how that's not everyone's bag.With Springsteen it's definitely more about the lyrics and the presentation than it is the songs themselves.

I was always sort of lukewarm on Springsteen until I saw him back in 2006 or 2007 on this solo, acoustic tour he did. We sat in the 8th row and it was very much a "VH1 Storytellers" type of experience. He's incredibly charismatic and personable and his passion for what he does is evident for every single second of one of his live performances.

In my mind, he's like the Dylan of our generation.

Pooh Fan
04-17-2013, 10:20 AM
I loved the Mr. Rogers segment! I have a 4 year old who is watching a show called Daniel Tiger's Neighbourhood. It's an animated show with all the old Mr. Rogers characters from the "neighbourhood of make believe" in the original show. All the original hand puppets are in this show as characters. Certainly not the same as the original but a great way to see my son enjoying an updated piece of my past! Check out a clip if you haven't seen it. It's actually pretty cute.

DVC - Wow. We have been talking about adding on but may be too late! Anyone from the Timeshare Store on the boards who can update how this has been impacting the secondary market? Our original purchase was through them and I just can't praise them enough for their great service! They did all the leg work. We paid $73/point at SSR back in 2007!

Mendelson
04-17-2013, 10:55 PM
"Why do we have to have all these kids." My wife and I say that all the time! :mickey: And we only have one at home!

I think people who haven't seen IAWL think they know what the entire movie is about based on that closing clip with Auld Lang Syne and the soft focus and super sappiness. It's really very little like that! It's at turns dark, depressing, and mean-spirited.

diz_girl
04-18-2013, 03:02 PM
All that I have to say about the Podcast is...

Send your pictures to dear old Captain Noah.
Send today.
Send right away.

diz_girl
04-18-2013, 04:34 PM
BTW - I have never seen The Lion King.

jennsky
04-27-2013, 04:39 PM
I agree with John... The Lion King is awesome! The opening sequence gives me goosebumps everytime!

Getting excited for #runICOT (notice ALL CAPS for ICOT) everytime you guys talk about it. Can't wait! We're staying at the Boardwalk...nice and convenient to Jellyrolls! Hehehe!

PopPhan
04-29-2013, 03:21 PM
Sony Walkman Sport at Pop Century.....

http://www.adedesign.com/media/projects/113_ADE_DisneyPopCenturyResort-4.jpg

2Epcot
05-01-2013, 07:39 AM
I like the Lion King, but have to agree with Ian about Cars. Our son wasn't born yet when the movie was in theaters. I saw it the theater and loved it. Our son, almost 4 has probably watched the first Cars movie 75 times now. It used to be on several times a day for over a month. I've seen Cars 2 at least 50 times as well, as our son watched it on DVD or iPad, and appreciate it much more after watching it several times as opposed to the first time I saw it in the theater.