PDA

View Full Version : What Is Your Longest Trip to WDW?

BhamWriter
04-11-2013, 01:59 PM
When my sons were small and we lived far away, our trips tended to be 7-8 (maybe slightly longer) days. After I moved to Florida, I took more, but shorter, trips. Now I tend to take trips in the 7-10-day range (I still live in Florida). What's your longest trip? Where did you stay on that trip?

buzznwoodysmom
04-11-2013, 02:15 PM
I think our longest trip was 12 nights. We spent arrival night at All Star Movies, 8 nights at Beach Club, and ended the trip with 3 surprise nights at the Poly!

Last summer my mom, my two sons, and I did a trip with lots of resort hopping. We did one night at AKL Kidani, 3 nights at CBR, 3 nights at YC, 1 night at BWV, and 1 "last minute- didn't want to leave yet" night at All Star Music. So that was a total of 9 nights, but felt longer due to the many resorts we stayed in. Every change of resorts felt like a brand new trip!

I have to admit the 12 night trip was too long for us. It sorta got repetitive after a while and we felt it was really time to return home by the end.

Most of our trips are 9 nights long, and that's the perfect length for my family. Less than 9 night seems too short, and anything over starts to feel repetitive.

Becca3557
04-11-2013, 02:20 PM
12 days in September 2011. Yes, we were at WDW on 9/11.

We spent the entire trip at OKW in a 2-bedroom unit. We had some extended family members with us for part of the stay.

paymerich
04-11-2013, 03:28 PM
You spent 12 days in one room ? It must have gotten a bit gamey in smell //:cool: .

cajunprincess
04-11-2013, 04:37 PM
9 glorious days. I wish I could still stay a lot longer!!!!

SBETigg
04-11-2013, 04:56 PM
11 nights. It was too much for my son and husband, but not quite enough for my daughter and me.

mom2morgan
04-11-2013, 05:23 PM
My very first trip was 5 days - one for each park, and Seaworld. OMG!! the next one we got "smart" - went for 8 days. And added both Universal parks. FINALLY figured out that for the cost of travel and coming all the way from Alberta, that it doesn't make sense to come for less than 2 weeks - so basically 2 days travelling and 12 actually there.

Jeff
04-11-2013, 05:57 PM
10 nights and we stayed at Boardwalk Inn ( back when AP discounts were significant)!

TinkerbellT421
04-11-2013, 06:01 PM
11 days. It was heaven!

1DisneyNut
04-11-2013, 06:09 PM
8 nights at Fort Wilderness in the Cabins. We were tired of it and ready to go at that point so it was too long. We had done everything and I mean EVERYTHING in every park, one water park downtown disney and the boardwalk and had revisited all of our favorite attractions multiple times.

Since then we usually spend 5 days doing WDW things at the most and go visit other things and restaurants in the area for a few days.

Fangorn
04-11-2013, 06:20 PM
Our longest trip was just this past Nov/Dec: 18 nights. Our son's wedding was in there somewhere (kinda in the middle).

The first 9 nights we spent at ASMu with a whole lot of family. Lots of pre-wedding stuff to do and family to deal with. Nice, but not exactly a vacation.

Once everyone else left, DW and I moved to a villa at BWI and spent the other 9 nights recovering from the first half of the trip.

Of the 18 days, I think we actually had 3 to ourselves. :mickey:

Steve

brownie
04-11-2013, 06:38 PM
Our longest trip was 9 nights/10 days.

caryrae
04-11-2013, 06:59 PM
2 weeks which I think was awesome, only because we stayed with my Aunt and Uncle who have a timeshare. I thought the 2 weeks was great it gave us a few days where could actually relax which a vacation is suppose to be. We did more then just Disney too, we went to the Ocean, shopping, just hung around the resort which had fun games for guests. Most trips are only 1 week which sometimes feels like not enough time, feels like we try to cram too much in since we never know when we will make it back.

Sylvia
04-11-2013, 07:23 PM
Most trips average 15-19 days, but on one trip many years sgo, we spent 21 nights at CBR Martinique.

January-2007
04-11-2013, 08:03 PM
Our longest stay was 2 weeks and we all (DH, myself, and DS 2 at the time) thought it was a bit too long. Our Honeymoon was 9 nights so that is what I have in mind for our next trip- it was just the perfect amount of time. When we stayed for 2 weeks we were offsite in a two bedroom condo. Our longest on site trip was 12 nights at Pop Century and that was definitely too long a time to be in a single hotel room, even if it was just DH and myself at the time. I'm not counting travel time in these numbers, if I were they would all be 1-2 days longer still- sometimes in DTD hotels sometimes other places along the way.

BhamWriter
04-12-2013, 12:37 PM
About 9 days seems to work perfectly for me. I'm pretty satisfied after that length of time.

When my sons were small, we would break up the trip, taking a couple days in the middle not to visit the parks. This worked well; we got our "second wind" for the last few days.

I wouldn't mind a longer trip, but such would require revisioning. That is, short trips tend to be park-heavy. For a long trip, I would want to balance parks with non-park activities: more time at the resort; more special events (boating, miniature golf, tours, etc.); and, especially, a focus on dining.

Tygger7
04-12-2013, 01:54 PM
As of right now, our longest trip has been 11 nights (at WL), but that's about to change!! I've always dreamed of staying 2 full weeks (14 nights), so we're staying at the Poly for anniversary next month....14 glorious nights...I may never leave. :cloud9:

brownie
04-12-2013, 05:26 PM
Most trips average 15-19 days, but on one trip many years sgo, we spent 21 nights at CBR Martinique.

After 21 nights at Walt Disney World, how'd you make the adjustment back to "civilian" life? :D

eandrsmom
04-13-2013, 05:58 PM
We stayed for 10 nights last summer. At first we were concerned that it was going to be too long, but we could have stayed longer. There was no rush to see everything in a short amount of time, and we actually found it to be the most relaxing Disney trip we've ever had.

DonLefNY
04-13-2013, 06:01 PM
I've had two 14 day stays at Old Key West as my longest inside of WDW. Most of the winter I'm only 23 miles from WDW at my "southern house".

LVT
04-14-2013, 10:06 AM
16 once. It was too much. Now down to the 10-12 range.

BhamWriter
04-16-2013, 12:20 PM
We stayed for 10 nights last summer. At first we were concerned that it was going to be too long, but we could have stayed longer. There was no rush to see everything in a short amount of time, and we actually found it to be the most relaxing Disney trip we've ever had.

This is a good point: on short trips, there are so many things you want to cram in, that the trip itself is hectic; but on a longer trip, you have time to do what you want and feel less compelled to make each moment "count."

Sylvia
04-17-2013, 09:14 PM
After 21 nights at Walt Disney World, how'd you make the adjustment back to "civilian" life? :D

Adjusting back to "civilian" life was tough, but we had help. Listening to park CDs and watching the park DVDs ready helped with the shock of being back in reality. :blush: :blush:

We had some huge reasons for that long trip
- time to leisurely explore the parks, enjoy all of the live entertainment and examine more of the architecture and shops;
- spend relaxing time at our resort and not feel that we were missing park time;
and
- resort-hopping to many of the resorts we had never visited before.

Since we are AP holders, we could choose to go to a park for an hour and then visit the nearby resorts without losing a day of park admissions. Not only was it our longest trip, it probably has been the best WDW vacations we've ever had. Would we ever stay that long again? No. Our trips typically average 14-16 nights which is the perfect length for us.