PDA

View Full Version : Off Property Dining

Hog
04-11-2013, 12:06 PM
So we are going back to the world in June. This is the first time I am staying off property and am looking to save some money so we won't be eating in the parks as much. I have only ever ate meals at Disney propertys in my past trips and never even adventured around the Orlando area. We will probably leave the park once a day to go eat.

So what are some good restaurants around disney to go eat quickly?

mac badger
04-11-2013, 12:23 PM
I'm a big fan of Sweet Tomatoes -in the crossroads shopping area. Its a buffet, so very fast, and has salads, soups, baked potatoes and pasta. Never been too impressed with the pasta, but everything else is good, filling, and it's around 8 or 9 bucks for an adult. plus if you go online, you can always find coupons

WRWDisney
04-11-2013, 04:22 PM
I'll agree with mac badger! we love Sweet Tomatoes, and if you sign-up on line, they will email you coupons every week. Also, lunch goes till like 3:30 and is a couple of dollars cheaper each--so we often eat our big meal in the middle of the day to late afternoon.

In the same shopping center is a Fuddruckers. We are a family of 4 (DS is 13 and DD is 17). We always order their Family Value meal (there was no sign for it last week, but if you asked, they were still doing it). For less than $27 (tax included), you get 2- 1/3lb. burgers, 2-fries and 2-drinks (can even get a beer instead of a soda or tea), as well as 2 kids meals (burger, fries, drink and cookie from their bakery). If you are worried about the "kids meal burger", don't. My wife says that it would be plenty for her and is what she would order if we didn't get the "Meal Deal". Oh, and if you are not familiar with Fuddruckers, their burgers and buns are awesome and they have a fantastic fixings bar!

Frankly, since we enjoy both and don't have access to either at home, we can eat twice at each of them over a weeks stay.

Have fun! Enjoy the adventure of saving some $$. We don't do it every visit, but it is fun to sometimes put together a trip and look back on how little it cost :blush:

eandrsmom
04-12-2013, 12:13 AM
These aren't quick restaurants, but they are nearby and we really like them:
Miller's Ale House-near Crossroads:beer:
UNO Pizza-Crossroads
House of Blues-Crossroads
Bahama Breeze- Off 535

There are a bunch of restaurants near the Crossroads area. As the previous post stated, there's a Fudruckers, TGIF, Chevy's FreshMex, even a McDonald's. I think if you are near that area, you'll find plenty of places to grab a meal.

#1donaldfan
04-12-2013, 12:49 PM
:cool:Sweet Tomatos is great food with a great price. There is also a Denny's which will satisfy a burger n fries need. Not too far in that same shopping area is a Mojito (spelling)....it's like a Moes which is a quick service taco, burrito, salsa kind of place.....Chevy's is a mexican place, busy but really good. You will have tons of variety within a very short drive !:cool:

DVC2004
04-12-2013, 02:25 PM
We like Chevy's (Tex Mex) right outside the gates in the Crossroads Shopping Center others mentioned above. It is not quick though, still a sit down place. It's a chain. They have several other restaurants over there others mentioned above.

Tygger7
04-12-2013, 03:25 PM
Giordanno's....best deep dish pizza I've ever had!! It was very close to Disney and while the pizza may seem expensive, you can really only eat 1 or 2 pieces and be totally stuffed. I'm drooling just thinking about that delicious pizza...:cloud9:

bunkyg
04-12-2013, 03:42 PM
On Sand lake blvd there are 2 Bistro Mcdonalds one is billed as the worlds largest fun area. both have a non traditional menu ( paninni's, pasta, pizza etc. ) along with the reg menu (yuck) even get real silverware and plates with real food. Google "oerther foods" for more info

PETE FROM NYC
04-12-2013, 06:34 PM
We like Golden Corral. East on 192 a few minutes away.

jonahbear2006
04-13-2013, 03:15 PM
golden corral and bahama breeze are great options for those staying at fort wilderness. its like a 5 min drive. Weve done both of those last october when we stayed for 3 weeks.

epceddie
04-16-2013, 12:59 AM
Went to Delmonico's on International Drive last week and it was fantastic. My wife had one of the best steaks she's ever eaten and the veal parm was outstanding. It was, by far, the best Italian food I've ever had in Florida.