PDA

View Full Version : ADR Questions

Williams5
04-11-2013, 10:58 AM
Can you still do the advance dining 180 days out from your first day of arrival? Right now we are staying on property and I have a package booked with resort and tickets only.

Does this still work if you aren't doing a dining plan?

My daughter is 11 and eats like a bird, but the plan forces her at adult. Also we rarely want to spend time on the more expensive meals, so after analyzing menu's etc... the plan really didn't make sense for us this time. We have used it in the past.

Should I call or do online? Does the online take into account your days of stay? (used to be able to book for end of trip if it was further out than 180 days - based on first day of arrival)

Capt_redshirt
04-11-2013, 11:14 AM
Can you still do the advance dining 180 days out from your first day of arrival? yes they still do 180 days out

Does this still work if you aren't doing a dining plan? yes it works whether or not you are on the plan but i believe they ask if you are to give the people a heads up

Should I call or do online? While online would be easier i believe the site is still experiencing difficulties
Does the online take into account your days of stay? I believe its based on first day and the length of the trip (so you can book the entire trip on the first day)

Strmchsr
04-11-2013, 11:32 AM
Should I call or do online? While online would be easier i believe the site is still experiencing difficulties
Does the online take into account your days of stay? I believe its based on first day and the length of the trip (so you can book the entire trip on the first day)

Online seems to always be experiencing issues. It's never worked 100% correctly. It's supposed to allow you to enter your confirmation number so you have your days of stay included, but it almost seems easier now to just call.

beksy
04-13-2013, 05:26 PM
I've always had the dining plan but I think the only difference is that if you don't have the dining plan some places like the Castle are immediately charged to a credit card while they aren't if you tell them you are using dining credits to pay. This is the only location I am familiar with that has the pay up front policy if you aren't on the plan.

You can make up to 10 days worth of ADRs from the first day so if your trip is longer than that, you have to call back on the 179th day for your 11th day and so on for the remainder of your days. If your trip is 10 days or less, you can book the entire trip at 180 days out. This would be the only reason that your length of stay should matter.
:mickey: