PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Deluxe Experience

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-11-2013, 09:52 AM
Our next trip will be the first time we pick a resort based on just the adult women in our family and I want it to be special. I was wondering what Deluxe resort experience has been your most memorable and favorite. We probably would stay garden or water view standard room. I love the look of the Beach Club and the GF (not sure if that's in my price range), they both look the most cozy and appealing to me. My mom doesn't like the looks of the Contemporary because she likes themed hotels but their rooms look nice too....we also are looking at AKL, if my sister goes we will have to get a suite and that resort's suites would be in our price range.

MOJoe
04-11-2013, 10:54 AM
For my family, the Beach Club has to be our most memorable deluxe stay. But maybe not for the same reasons four adult women would choose. My 10 year old sons' "Best....Slide...Ever!" endorsement still rings in my ears when i think of the BC and Stormalong Bay. But that might not be a feature you would take advantage of. But if you want a good sized room, love your pool time, would enjoy being able to walk into Epcot, and think you could take advantage of the huge variety of dining options close by, then the BC is a great choice.

On the other hand, for "cozy and appealing" i really enjoyed the Wilderness Lodge. The rooms are smaller, but for "themed hotels" it's the best.

vamaggie
04-11-2013, 10:56 AM
The only Deluxes we have stayed at at WL and Poly. Both were wonderful and the atmospheres were very well themed. I think I would choose Poly jsut because it seemed more relaxed and spread out. Don't get me wrong, I love WL but Poly just seemed more relaxing. also loved that we could watch the MK fireworks while being close to the room (with little kids at the time).

buzznwoodysmom
04-11-2013, 02:24 PM
I have never stayed there, but I think GF would be a great resort for the women in your family. There's lots of shopping within the resort, a nice spa, a salon, and the resort offers an afternoon tea. Not to mention its such a beautiful resort, with so much right at your fingertips with the monorail and surrounding resorts.

We have also enjoyed BC/YC. If you plan to spend lots of time in Epcot those resorts would be ideal. We prefer YC over BC because it's a bit quieter, but both resorts are great!

Granny Jill A
04-11-2013, 02:27 PM
My daughter and grandchildren really enjoyed their stay at the Beach Club. It was close to EPCOT and a nice walk to MGM Studios.
They loved the pool area and the relaxing atmosphere. Perfect for adults.

I enjoyed my stay at the Contemporary even though it's more convention hotel than Disney. My favorite thing was to sit out on the balcony and watch the boats go back and forth on the lagoon. I had the MK view which was spectacular.

mom2morgan
04-11-2013, 03:47 PM
I honestly don't think you can go wrong - so if price is an issue, consider AKL or WL. We LOVE AKL. I haven't stayed at the Beach Club, but I know people love it because of the great pools and the proximity to Epcot. That might be my second choice for a party of all adults...but I'll admit I've always wanted to stay at the Poly just because of the theming! (and nice access to Magic Kingdom)

EJS-Houston
04-12-2013, 11:40 AM
I've stayed in the Contemporary, Polynesian and Animal Kingdom Lodges...and while there's a lot to be said for being in a resort on the monorail system...our Arusha Savannah view room at Animal Kingdom Lodge was an amazing experience. Every time we'd go back to the room there was exotic wildlife right outside the window. We had a blast just sitting on our balcony enjoying watching and photographing the animals just below (and got LOTS of fantastic wildlife photos). Twilight was particularly amazing. HIGHLY recommended!

tjstrike
04-13-2013, 03:47 AM
We've stayed at SSR, BC, BWV and BLT and we liked BLT the best for the convenience of the monorail and watching the MK fireworks from our room every night. :thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-13-2013, 08:50 AM
For my family, the Beach Club has to be our most memorable deluxe stay. But maybe not for the same reasons four adult women would choose. My 10 year old sons' "Best....Slide...Ever!" endorsement still rings in my ears when i think of the BC and Stormalong Bay. But that might not be a feature you would take advantage of. But if you want a good sized room, love your pool time, would enjoy being able to walk into Epcot, and think you could take advantage of the huge variety of dining options close by, then the BC is a great choice.

On the other hand, for "cozy and appealing" i really enjoyed the Wilderness Lodge. The rooms are smaller, but for "themed hotels" it's the best.

I am kind of leaning towards the Beach Club, I just like the look of their rooms. We really aren't interested in the pool though.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-13-2013, 08:51 AM
I have never stayed there, but I think GF would be a great resort for the women in your family. There's lots of shopping within the resort, a nice spa, a salon, and the resort offers an afternoon tea. Not to mention its such a beautiful resort, with so much right at your fingertips with the monorail and surrounding resorts.

We have also enjoyed BC/YC. If you plan to spend lots of time in Epcot those resorts would be ideal. We prefer YC over BC because it's a bit quieter, but both resorts are great!

If there is a discount and I can afford it, I would definitely pick GF. Right now, with cost in mind I am leaning BC. You validated my choices, thanks.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-13-2013, 08:52 AM
My daughter and grandchildren really enjoyed their stay at the Beach Club. It was close to EPCOT and a nice walk to MGM Studios.
They loved the pool area and the relaxing atmosphere. Perfect for adults.

I enjoyed my stay at the Contemporary even though it's more convention hotel than Disney. My favorite thing was to sit out on the balcony and watch the boats go back and forth on the lagoon. I had the MK view which was spectacular.

Yeah, my mom isn't thrilled about the Contemporary, we love Epcot so BC is very appealling.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-13-2013, 08:55 AM
I honestly don't think you can go wrong - so if price is an issue, consider AKL or WL. We LOVE AKL. I haven't stayed at the Beach Club, but I know people love it because of the great pools and the proximity to Epcot. That might be my second choice for a party of all adults...but I'll admit I've always wanted to stay at the Poly just because of the theming! (and nice access to Magic Kingdom)

Well, we thought we had it all planned for my mom, sister and I and we were going to stay in a 1 BR suite at AKL, now mom and I are considering a solo trip sooner so I have more options. Not sure I can afford the Poly but we'll see what discounts are out when we finally decide on a final date.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-13-2013, 08:56 AM
I've stayed in the Contemporary, Polynesian and Animal Kingdom Lodges...and while there's a lot to be said for being in a resort on the monorail system...our Arusha Savannah view room at Animal Kingdom Lodge was an amazing experience. Every time we'd go back to the room there was exotic wildlife right outside the window. We had a blast just sitting on our balcony enjoying watching and photographing the animals just below (and got LOTS of fantastic wildlife photos). Twilight was particularly amazing. HIGHLY recommended!

If we stay AKL it will be Savannah view:)

BrerGnat
04-13-2013, 09:27 AM
For us, it's the Beach Club. Followed by Wilderness Lodge.

However, the walk to Epcot is the main thing me and my husband love about Beach Club, and our kids LOVE the pool. The whole resort experience is top notch, as far as I'm concerned. I would stay there and nowhere else if it was always available when we wanted to go.

We will be at WL this summer, as the BC was all booked up for the week we are going. Looking forward to it, but know we'll miss the BC.

eandrsmom
04-13-2013, 10:12 AM
We've stayed at the three monorail Deluxe resorts. I haven't stayed at the BC or YC, but have heard great things about them, especially the pool. Of the three that we've stayed at, we prefer Poly. The other two were very nice, but there's was just something about the theme of the Poly that we really enjoyed.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-13-2013, 02:52 PM
For us, it's the Beach Club. Followed by Wilderness Lodge.

However, the walk to Epcot is the main thing me and my husband love about Beach Club, and our kids LOVE the pool. The whole resort experience is top notch, as far as I'm concerned. I would stay there and nowhere else if it was always available when we wanted to go.

We will be at WL this summer, as the BC was all booked up for the week we are going. Looking forward to it, but know we'll miss the BC.

Can you see Epcot from the rooms at the BC? I've never really asked but that would be cool.

BrerGnat
04-13-2013, 04:02 PM
Can you see Epcot from the rooms at the BC? I've never really asked but that would be cool.

Yes! From many of the upper level 4th/5th floor Standard Rooms at BC you can see Spaceship Earth and the Land Pavilion. We had a great SSE view from our last room. We were on the 5th floor Standard View CL.

jonahbear2006
04-13-2013, 04:56 PM
:mickey:beach club-family of the day for a week on concierge level! Amazing!!If I could afford concierge all the time, I wouldnt have it any other way.

DonLefNY
04-13-2013, 05:57 PM
I'd put the Contemporary as our favorite deluxe stays. I have not stayed there in some time but I've always like that place. Hey! Walt's brother Roy built the place right next to the Magic Kingdom. :number1: Sitting on a balcony in the evening watching the boats on Seven Seas Lagoon is the tops!

Kairi_7378
04-14-2013, 09:11 AM
My friends just returned from a week at the Yacht Club and raved about their experience there. I don't think you can go wrong with the BC/YC location.

Davy Crockett
04-15-2013, 08:23 PM
Wilderness Lodge - Club level - deluxe room / Jr. Suite.... It doesn't get any better!

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-16-2013, 10:29 AM
Wow, maybe we should try and swing club level

Ms. Mode
04-16-2013, 01:31 PM
I love all the deluxe resorts we have stayed in to date; however the Contemporary is my hands down favorite! The rooms are HUGE, the location is FABULOUS, and the view of MK...no words to express what it's like to wake up in the middle of the night and see Cinderella Castle!

SBETigg
04-16-2013, 02:20 PM
I am kind of leaning towards the Beach Club, I just like the look of their rooms. We really aren't interested in the pool though.

My advice would be to skip the Beach Club. I've found it to be one of the worst for adults. The lobby always bustling with kids, kids running everywhere, kids screaming, no peaceful nooks for adults. My husband and I stayed here together and only found peace on the Yacht Club side. Though other posters would say differently and have different opinions, have had different experiences. During my stay, the lobby was chaos. And we do like to spend time in the resort, particularly in the lobby, and lounges, shops, restaurants.

If you're not into the pool, and not traveling with kids, maybe Yacht Club. Though my favorite is the Grand Floridian and that would be my choice with adults, especially a group of adult women. The lobby is open, sophisticated (if a little Victorian smaltzy), bright, never over-crowded, great shops. You can relax and hear yourself think. If it's cost-prohibitive, maybe Yacht Club if you can get a better deal, great location especially if you're more into World Showcase or DHS. But Beach Club, after my experience, is the first I would rule out for an adult vacation.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-17-2013, 02:13 PM
I love all the deluxe resorts we have stayed in to date; however the Contemporary is my hands down favorite! The rooms are HUGE, the location is FABULOUS, and the view of MK...no words to express what it's like to wake up in the middle of the night and see Cinderella Castle!

Can you only see the castle from the tower with Theme Park view?

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-17-2013, 02:15 PM
My advice would be to skip the Beach Club. I've found it to be one of the worst for adults. The lobby always bustling with kids, kids running everywhere, kids screaming, no peaceful nooks for adults. My husband and I stayed here together and only found peace on the Yacht Club side. Though other posters would say differently and have different opinions, have had different experiences. During my stay, the lobby was chaos. And we do like to spend time in the resort, particularly in the lobby, and lounges, shops, restaurants.

If you're not into the pool, and not traveling with kids, maybe Yacht Club. Though my favorite is the Grand Floridian and that would be my choice with adults, especially a group of adult women. The lobby is open, sophisticated (if a little Victorian smaltzy), bright, never over-crowded, great shops. You can relax and hear yourself think. If it's cost-prohibitive, maybe Yacht Club if you can get a better deal, great location especially if you're more into World Showcase or DHS. But Beach Club, after my experience, is the first I would rule out for an adult vacation.

Would love to stay at GF just not sure if the price will be right....maybe a discount will come out when we finally narrow down dates

Harriet
04-18-2013, 08:50 AM
Our next trip will be the first time we pick a resort based on just the adult women in our family and I want it to be special. I was wondering what Deluxe resort experience has been your most memorable and favorite. We probably would stay garden or water view standard room. I love the look of the Beach Club and the GF (not sure if that's in my price range), they both look the most cozy and appealing to me. My mom doesn't like the looks of the Contemporary because she likes themed hotels but their rooms look nice too....we also are looking at AKL, if my sister goes we will have to get a suite and that resort's suites would be in our price range.

I have to say the WL myself I just love the theme and so much to offer. I always wanted to stay at the Beach Club but it is way out of my price range. WL is so confy and relaxing and if you go during the Christmas Season just awsome.

PlutoPlanet
04-18-2013, 01:06 PM

I agree. AKL is unique. The other Deluxe resorts are wonderful, but if you like the African animals, AKL makes you feel like you are some place special.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-18-2013, 02:03 PM
We stayed at WL and we liked it but we want to try something different. I thought the decor at Beach Club was kind of feminine, really pretty. Yacht Club is nice but to me looks more masculine in decor. I'd really like to stay at GF at least once but we will have to go where we can afford. If we can't stay at a monorail resort my next choice would be within walking distance of Epcot.

joonyer
04-18-2013, 05:01 PM
The only deluxe we have roomed at is WL, and I have to stay it was really enjoyable. But I would have to say that my favorite singular "deluxe" experience was dining at California Grill one night several years ago with DW on our anniversary, even though we were not staying at the Contemporary Hotel. The food was great, the service was exemplary and the views of Wishes from the window by our table were fabulous. A night to remember! I wish we could afford to stay at one the the deluxe resorts on every trip, but we usually end up saving money by staying at values so we can go to WDW more frequently.

Tigerinvestigator
04-19-2013, 12:41 PM
We've stayed at all of the deluxe resorts except the Yacht Club. Our favorite is easily the Polynesian. The tiki torches at sunset, the relaxing atmosphere, the lush tropical landscaping, and the ease of the monorail make it the best deluxe experience IMHO. My second choice would be at the AKL with a pool view. I prefer the tropical landscape over the animals and you can see the animals from anywhere in the resort. The food alone at AKL make it a great experience. The Dolphin is our next favorite because of the value and view. You can actually get a suite for the same price as a standard room at the other resorts. The view is the best at WDW. The Contemporary view is fantastic and pure Disney with views of Bay Lake or Seven Seas Lagoon and the monorail gliding thru the lobby. The GF is very nice but not on our list of favorites. The Boardwalk is our least favorite. The Beach Club is great because of its close proximity to Epcot. The Yacht Club is very nice. We also enjoyed our stays at WL and it felt like we were a million miles away from the parks while at the resort. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the deluxe resorts.:thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-22-2013, 10:41 AM
Showed my mom resort pics....if its just the two of us I think we'll end up at Beach Club/if my sister goes it will probably end up being a one bedroom suite at one of the villas...AKL or Beach Club

azcavalier
04-22-2013, 01:14 PM
For adults only, we've done both the Wilderness Lodge and the Boardwalk. We loved both for different reasons. Loved the decor of the WL, the lobby, the spring that runs out back, and being so close to the MK. The Boardwalk was a little more sophisticated, within walking distance of Epcot, and the Boardwalk's nightlife and entertainment was a lot of fun. If you're thinking about the Beach Club, but are worried that there might be too many kids, maybe you should look at the Boardwalk.

We will be staying at Bay Lake Tower (not quite the Contemporary) next week, and the Beach Club (with our kids) over Labor Day weekend. Until then, I can't comment other than we're super excited!

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-24-2013, 09:57 AM
Mom and I have discussed all options, looked at pictures and watched resort videos...we've decided it will be just the two of us (I've backed out of the trip with my sister and her friend's family). I just decided if I am going to be paying that much money I want to be in control of my vacation. So we won't be going until fall next year 2014 so that we can go during Food and Wine Festival and Halloween party so around Oct. 29-Nov. 4 something like that. We are super excited never been that time of year.

Oh yeah, we definitely feel the Beach Club is our pick for resorts....hoping I can save enough to get CL but will be haping with a garden view too.....thanks for all the advice

Maggie T
04-24-2013, 01:26 PM
Have stayed at the GF the last few times and would not stay elsewhere. WL was OK but to many boat rides. Poly to many kids, BC to much hall walking, SSR to far. GF was quiet and easy to get to the MK. Not that much more to stay there then the other. Its your choice, can't take it with you.

cer
04-24-2013, 01:40 PM
...we've decided it will be just the two of us (I've backed out of the trip with my sister and her friend's family). I just decided if I am going to be paying that much money I want to be in control of my vacation.

smart.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-25-2013, 11:11 AM
smart.

:thanks: