PDA

View Full Version : Pasta in the Park

BriarRose0708
04-09-2013, 02:13 PM
Anyone participated in this before? My sister wants to do it Friday night before the half. She's not into Disney as much as me so anytime she actually requests something I'm usually very inclined to say yes lol. I know the menu is buffet style and fairly basic (and there's not a lot of support for carbing up the night before a race but we don't really care) but for $50 you also get to see IllumiNations and it will be fun to get revved up for the run. Does the event tend to sell out? Should we buy tickets now? Thanks!

cer
04-09-2013, 03:10 PM
We did it in January before the marathon. I do not know if the Pasta in the Park party sells out. While I am sure it is possible, it is a HUGE venue!!!!

We did not stay long - did not stay for the fireworks. We needed to get back to our hotel to rest. The DJ from the race hosts and there was a singer from American Idol who also performed (The guy was good enough, but we were not familiar with him, so that part was not as exciting for us). The characters are there (I think in their running gear) for pictures.

Everything is done very well - just as you would expect from Disney. Fun to meet other runners, too.

Food was good, plenty of it and no one felt uncomfortable going back for more.

The room was full of energy and excitement for the next day! :thumbsup:

Looking back, I do not know if I would consider it a 'must do' (and that may have been because we were nervous about the next day and it was just my husband and myself) - but it certainly gets you in the spirit!

BriarRose0708
04-09-2013, 04:48 PM
Thank you Carrie! I am sure we're going to go, just needed some more info. Anyone else considering it?