PDA

View Full Version : handicap access

MAlfano
04-08-2013, 12:41 PM
hello,
do they give handicap passes if you have the required paper work to show for a pass? do you need to use the wheel chair to get the ride access to handicap?

I am asking for someone - they do not need a wheel chair (or dont want to use one)

thanks

ANG
04-08-2013, 02:22 PM
My info may be outdated, but Disney will not provide you with a wheelchair unless you pay to rent it. No special passes are required. I needed one a few of the nights when I was 6 months pregnant.

We entered the handicap line for rides/attractions and most times I transferred to the ride seat. If the ride accommodates it, you can wheel the chair right on the ride.

PopPhan
04-08-2013, 02:27 PM
I think what you are asking about would be the GAC - Guest Assistance Card. I think this can be acquired at any Customer Relations desk/booth/kiosk.

Disney_pups2
04-08-2013, 03:04 PM
You get them at City Hall for sure. I am not sure how WDW does theirs but they don't "require" you be in the wheel chair or EVC. Simply tell them they can't stand that long and they will gladly give one to them. At DL they put us through the fast pass or the exit of each ride. I will be curious to see if WDW is the same or not. I hope this helps.

ransam
04-08-2013, 03:35 PM
They are pretty easy to get.
most of the time (not always, you can use them to go through the fast pass lines. it's for those that can not go through lines)