PDA

View Full Version : Storing backpacks at check in

barbiegirl314
04-08-2013, 12:21 PM
Hi, I hope this is the right forum for this post.

Will be heading to WDW next month w/my 2 DS's and staying at CSR. My understanding is that when we arrive in Orlando we do not need to claim our luggage as Magical Express will take care of delivering it to the resort. We will be arriving rather early (9:00 AM) and I know our room will not be available when we arrive.

We would like to head over to one of the parks as soon as we can after check in however both of my son's will have back packs w/them full of schoolwork that they will be doing while we are away. I would rather they didn't have to lug these around with them and was wondering if we would be allowed to keep them at the front desk until we return later in the day?

DisneyDINK
04-08-2013, 12:39 PM
While the formal check-in time is later in the afternoon, they have allowed us to check-in and get into our room as early as 7:00am on two occations. So, you MIGHT just be able to put the things in your room if the resort isn't too busy.

I would recommend trying to check-in first, and if the room is not available then store the bags with Bell Services. They will give you claim checks for the bags and then you can go have some fun. Just retrieve the bags when you get back to the resort.

Magical Express delivers the bags directly to your room. Check you the letter they mail you for more information.

I hope that helps. Have fun!

BrerGnat
04-08-2013, 12:44 PM
Well, definitely check in. You can check in anytime, and if your room is ready, bonus. If not, you will still get your key/room folder, etc. I would recommend keeping the KEYS, but put the folder inside one of the kid's backpacks, and then leave them with Bell Services. When you get back to your room later, you can call up to have them delivered.

ransam
04-08-2013, 03:32 PM
if you have luggage/backpacks, etc....
the front desk will hold them after you check in and you can pick them up later (not sure if they will deliver it to your room once it's available.).

Pirate Granny
04-08-2013, 09:45 PM
Front desk will not hold them, and will direct you to Bell Services...if still concerned you can take them with you and rent a locker at the park...

#1donaldfan
04-09-2013, 12:58 PM
You can check in at anytime !! Like mentioned you may not get your room...we have on several occasions though...Bell Services will hold your belongings (backpacks) and when your room becomes available, you can call them to bring the luggage and backpacks over. :cool:

Davy Crockett
04-10-2013, 03:12 PM
We've done this many times - arrive early to maximize that first days time in the park and never had an issue with this. We normally drive so we check all of our luggage (they tag it and put it in secure storage - giving us a claim ticket(s)) except the pack we take into the park. We'll come back to the resort go to our room and call for the bags to be delivered if they have not already been. We've never had any issues.

Have a wonderful Trip!!!

Pirate Granny
04-13-2013, 06:05 PM
If YOU check the bags at Bell Services...you have to call to have them delivered and someone must be in the room. They are not allowed to bring them up to an empty room, unless they are checked through Magic Express.