PDA

View Full Version : New DVC Rumor

VWL Mom
04-06-2013, 05:22 PM
So the web is abuzz the last few days because of the Poly DVC rumor which was heard "from a reliable source".

Again, this is rumored!

They will begin building DVC Poly in late 2013/early 2014. It will not be a traditional building but rather 20 bungalows on the beach which will house 1 and 2 bedroom villas. They may be built on the water similar to the Four Seasons in Bora Bora.

Now personally, I call hogwash but what do I know. What do you think?

Melanie
04-06-2013, 05:29 PM
They will begin building DVC Poly in late 2013/early 2014. It will not be a traditional building but rather 20 bungalows on the beach which will house 1 and 2 bedroom villas. They may be built on the water similar to the Four Seasons in Bora Bora.

Now personally, I call hogwash but what do I know. What do you think?

Well, no doubt that would be INCREDIBLE, but 20? Wow, talk about impossible to get.

TinkerbellT421
04-06-2013, 05:46 PM
Probably the same reliable source that gets quoted once a year! Lol I'll believe it when they start digging! Lol

BrerGnat
04-06-2013, 07:09 PM
I'm sorry, but that sounds disgusting. That lagoon is so dirty and can you imagine the bugs, snakes, and other critters teeming around? Bungalows over the South Pacific are one thing, but over the Seven Seas Lagoon? No thanks.

Melanie
04-06-2013, 07:19 PM
I'm sorry, but that sounds disgusting. That lagoon is so dirty and can you imagine the bugs, snakes, and other critters teeming around? Bungalows over the South Pacific are one thing, but over the Seven Seas Lagoon? No thanks.

True. I guess I REALLY had the South Pacific in my head, not SSL. LOL

SBETigg
04-06-2013, 08:28 PM

Totally agree with you. And how would they be connected? There would have to be some kind of dock or walkway. They can't take too big a safety risk with young children, handicap-accessible, etc. And that would ruin the effect a bit. Not to mention taking that much waterfront from the lagoon. It seems an odd choice for them to make and successfully execute.

DizneyFreak2002
04-06-2013, 09:28 PM
Doubtful the Poly DVC will begin this soon... Not when GF is about to come online... No way... They will wait a few years to start the Poly construction in order to sell as many GF points as possible...

BrerGnat
04-07-2013, 09:43 AM
Totally agree with you. And how would they be connected? There would have to be some kind of dock or walkway. They can't take too big a safety risk with young children, handicap-accessible, etc. And that would ruin the effect a bit. Not to mention taking that much waterfront from the lagoon. It seems an odd choice for them to make and successfully execute.

Well, I suppose they would be connected the same way these types of over the water bungalows in the South Pacific are, by a long wooden dock walkway. But yeah, they would have to build plexiglass walls or something like they have on the cruise ships to keep little ones from climbing up and over. That would look classy. :rolleyes:

I hope they install clear panels in the floor so you can see the gators and snakes up close as they swim around under your bungalow. :D

I really hope this is just some ridiculous rumor, because if they are really serious about this, I don't even know what to think anymore.

Aurora
04-08-2013, 02:19 PM
Well, I suppose they would be connected the same way these types of over the water bungalows in the South Pacific are, by a long wooden dock walkway. But yeah, they would have to build plexiglass walls or something like they have on the cruise ships to keep little ones from climbing up and over. That would look classy. :rolleyes:

I hope they install clear panels in the floor so you can see the gators and snakes up close as they swim around under your bungalow. :D

I really hope this is just some ridiculous rumor, because if they are really serious about this, I don't even know what to think anymore.

Ummmmmm...... :secret:

I would stay there. :blush:

DVC2004
04-08-2013, 05:52 PM
Nothing would surprise me as the days of "selling out" a resort before selling another one aren't part of the agenda anymore. Remember when BLT was supposed to sell out in 6 months? That's what they were telling people. Did it sell out yet? I haven't been following that lately.

I would love a DVC at the Poly. These days, we really don't set out for a particular resort when using our points on property. Just see what's available when we want to go and choose from there. However I love the Poly and would consider adding on there but it all depends on price. I am happy with what I have for now.

tikiman
04-17-2013, 10:09 AM
Polynesian DVC will be starting the end of this year but phase one will be on the luau side. Phase 2 will include removing Rapa Nui and the building with the old Tangaroa Terrace and Neverland Club as well as the parking lot and the 15 bungalow style grand villas will be off the beach of Tahiti. Tahiti will be converted over to DVC rooms also.

Imagineering has given the green light to start this project at the resort. It has been on the drawing board for a few years now.

MyDisneyworld
04-17-2013, 08:14 PM
Polynesian DVC will be starting the end of this year but phase one will be on the luau side. Phase 2 will include removing Rapa Nui and the building with the old Tangaroa Terrace and Neverland Club as well as the parking lot and the 15 bungalow style grand villas will be off the beach of Tahiti. Tahiti will be converted over to DVC rooms also.

I hope this is true as I love the Poly resort.

Ltmoko
04-18-2013, 07:43 PM
We would love to stay at the poly again!!!

VWL Mom
04-18-2013, 07:49 PM
Tahiti will be converted over to DVC rooms also.

Just curious, if that's their plan why did they just spend all the money for club room refurbs in Tahiti?

tikiman
04-19-2013, 09:45 AM
There are no club level rooms in Tahiti and while they will upgrade the rooms with the new room design they have a few eyars before phase 2 so they were not going to leave buildings with the old room design for the next few years.

Jennifer_and_Chris
04-19-2013, 02:27 PM
Oh, this is the one we've been waiting for! I'm sure no matter what they build, I will buy points at Poly DVC.

I have yet to see "epic failure" in any of the DVC resorts. I own in SSR and we have been waiting to purchase more points for the 'right one'. We are trying to make our way around all of the WDW DVC resorts before we buy more points. Poly would win over any other I think. Every trip, we end up visiting the Poly at least 2-3 times for food, shopping, watching fireworks, etc. So, for us, Mickey, you had us at Poly DVC.

epceddie
06-14-2013, 08:19 PM
I could give a darn, because if you don't own points at a resort these days, it's near impossible to book anything seven months out. I've been trying to book a Boardwalk view studio for a couple of years and have been unsuccessful. It's as bad as trying to get a lunch or dinner reservation at Be Our Guest in the MK.

buzznwoodysmom
06-17-2013, 11:47 AM
I could give a darn, because if you don't own points at a resort these days, it's near impossible to book anything seven months out. I've been trying to book a Boardwalk view studio for a couple of years and have been unsuccessful. It's as bad as trying to get a lunch or dinner reservation at Be Our Guest in the MK.

This is one of the reasons I don't think we'll ever own DVC. I like being able to stay where ever I want. I would hate to be limited to certain resorts, or have trouble getting into the one I really want. We can only travel during the busier times (kids in school) so I can't imagine being able to get resorts we want just 7 months out during those times.

What would really bum me out is not being able to get the DVC resort I want, while others (non owners) can get a room at said resort by booking through Disney.