PDA

View Full Version : Soarin' for young kids?

minnie-mouse
04-05-2013, 12:56 PM
Has anyone taken their young kids on this ride before? Did they like it? My DDs will be 7 & 9 on the trip and have yet to ride it. Both will be tall enough and want to, but I am worried they might get scared being high up.

Davy Crockett
04-05-2013, 01:19 PM
Our DD LOVES Soarin!!! She's been riding it since she was 6 (she is 8 now) and at first there is a little apprehension but that quickly went away and now that and Test track are her two favorite rides. As my parents used to tell us try it once and if you don't like it you don't have to do it again.

Mickey'sGirl
04-05-2013, 01:26 PM
My youngest has been riding since he was two, and he is a timid guy ... but he LOVES Soarin'. He likes that he is "part" of the ride.

cajunprincess
04-05-2013, 01:40 PM
Our DS has been riding since he was 3! I think they should love it!!!!:mickey:

paymerich
04-05-2013, 02:01 PM
Ask the CM to seat in the 3rd bank of seats as it is the lowest when the ride starts. I prefer the middle row as it immerses you the most into the movie

Jeri
04-05-2013, 02:13 PM
My youngest son has been riding it since he was 4. He was a bit scared at first about going up so high, but we just used the strap between his legs. Actually the first time we had to because he didn't reach the line on the seat. Now when he went at 7 yrs old he didn't have to use the strap, but still wanted too.
I figure if it makes him a bit more comfortable, why not. And yes, he loved it the 1st time and asks to go very often.

AgentC
04-05-2013, 02:24 PM
My son and daughter rode last October (Yay ICOT15!) for the first time. She was 4 and is slightly scared of height. He had just turned 7 and is timid with rides. They both loved it.

If they do have fear of height issues, I agree with the recommendation to try to be seated in the lowest row for the first time they ride.

Kenny1113
04-05-2013, 02:54 PM
Both my boys have been riding this one since they were tall enough and love it!!!! On Last year's trip, My niece (10 at the time) went on it although she was terrified (of all rides as well). I told her to trust me and she loved it and wanted to ride it again!!!! :)

Enjoy!!! It's a great ride!

SAnderson70769
04-05-2013, 04:01 PM
My kids LOVED it! My youngest was so disappointed when she was 3-4 and not quite tall enough - both of my girls ride it several times per trip and always want us to request B1 so we're in the center and up the highest! (Best view in my opinion)

SandmanGStefani24
04-05-2013, 04:35 PM
i don't think it will be an issue. the kiddos I see around me always seem to have a blast on this one. It reminds me of something I would have loved as a kid, but the older i get become more and more terrified of. :D

Would WDW put anyone in danger? Of course not. Would they make bigger belts and harneses if you could easily fall out? Sure they would.

I KNOW this.

But whenever the seats rise up, this gun carrying, racecar driving tough guy turns to mush and the seatbelt and handles turn amazingly tiny and I find myself gripping the handles for dear life. I am at this moment laughing at my memories of myself in humorous fear. I was a lot braver in my younger years...but it wasn't bad enough for me to not do it again. For now. :-o

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-07-2013, 08:38 PM
My nephew was 2.5 (I think-might have been when he was 4) the first time he went on it and he loved it. We went on it so many times he had it memorized! And his laughter was so infectious you couldn't help but laugh along.

bruin1344
04-08-2013, 01:02 PM
as long as they arent afraid of heights.

angyl15
04-09-2013, 02:08 PM
I took my son on soarin last summer when he was 3. He loved it! I think you know your kids best - if they are scared of heights, perhaps ask to be in the back row, it does not go up as high.

DANAM
04-11-2013, 09:47 AM
My kids were 7 and 9 on our last trip. They love it! Its not the first time they have rode. But I would sugest fastpass because the lines are very long and very boring and very slow moving. When they were real young we waited in the stand by line. Never again!

#1donaldfan
04-12-2013, 12:03 PM
My youngest rode at age 5 with no problem at all. She loved it and still does to this day !!! As mentioned the lines are slow and can be very boring, if you find yourself in standby, just make sure they have their phone / games to occupy them.....:cool:

bunkyg
04-12-2013, 03:00 PM
For the most part kids have no fear. If the parents show no fear and go into the ride with a positive attitude usually the kids have a ball. As far as Soarin for 7 and 9 yr olds absolutely take them on it.

Gator
04-12-2013, 03:19 PM
My kids were riding it when they were 3 years old. As soon as they were 40 inches, they were on it. Then again, they were on Splash Mt and Tower of Terror at 3yo, too. I just talk up the rides and then they're excited to go on it. Don't mention the word scary and they'll be fine.

Terra
04-13-2013, 09:25 AM
My 4.5 and 6 year old adore it!! They even watch it on YouTube all the time as well!

CMCTxMom
04-18-2013, 03:16 PM
Yep - my son loved it at age 4! :mickey:

Keneva
04-28-2013, 08:57 PM
Our kids love it. Now if I could only get my wife to ride it with us...:scared:

LudwigVonDrake
04-29-2013, 06:57 PM
As long as there's no fear of heights they should love it! :mickey:

mousetrapper
04-29-2013, 07:33 PM
The movement is so gentle and flowing, I don't think it's a problem. The only issue may be if the child is afraid of the dark - I can see such a child becoming frightened when the lights go down and then there's the swooosh forward and up.

Otherwise, as someone else said, as long as you stay positive and don't convey that there may be a reason to be afraid, the child should be fine.

The loud noise toward the end may frighten some, but if they're used to Wishes, no problem! :thumbsup:

bringbackhorizons
04-30-2013, 04:32 AM
My DD rode Soarin on our last trip and she was 4. I'm really looking forward to my DS riding it next summer and he'll be 4 :mickey: