PDA

View Full Version : AKL Suite Question

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-05-2013, 09:42 AM
Has anyone booked a one bedroom suite at the AKL? I am particularly interested in the layout and how comfortable the Queen sleeper sofa is because we are three Pooh sized women. My mom and I snore so my sister wanted to be able to sleep in a separate room. The two queen beds are in a separate bedroom that have a door you can close and the sleeper sofa is in the living area, am I correct? How many bathrooms? Did you like the room and location and are the savannah views good? Thanks for all help.

faline
04-05-2013, 10:31 AM
The 1 bedrooms in Jambo House have 1 bathroom - I understand there are 2 bathrooms in the 1 bedrooms at Kidani Village. My understanding is that the suites are also larger at Kidani Village.

We stayed in a 1 bedroom at Jambo House. We were pleased with the animal views from our room.

Do the one bedrooms come with 2 queens?

I can't speak to the comforot of the sleeper sofa. We didn't use it.

ThanxForNoticin
04-05-2013, 11:53 AM
It actually sounds like you are describing a DVC 2-bedroom suite, not 1-br. The 1-br suite will have a master bedroom (king-sized bed) and a pull-out sofa in the living room. A 2-br is a 1-br with an extra studio room attached - in the extra studio, you'll have a queen bed and another pull-out sofa bed, and another bathroom. I believe most of the 2-br suites have a door that you can close to the studio portion.

VWL Mom
04-05-2013, 12:03 PM
The one bedroom suites (not villas) do have 2 queen beds and one sleeper sofa and are club level rooms. There is one bath. Your view will either be of the pool or of the savannah and I believe they are on a request basis.

Now if you are referring to a 1 bedroom villa, ignore everything I've said and return to the prior posts. :D

PlutoPlanet
04-05-2013, 01:01 PM
We've been in the 1 BR at AKL Jambo with 3 teenagers and DW. Our DD17 prefers the sleeper sofa at BWV to the one at AKL. Maybe the mattress was just thinner. We had a teenager sleep in the sleeper chair, but it may not be great for an adult. It may be worth looking at OKW if you want better beds. You may be able to get 2 queen beds in a 1 BR at OKW.

lawgirl
04-05-2013, 09:24 PM
We've done the 1 bdrm villa at Kidani a few times, and loved it. My dad slept on the sleeper sofa, and said it was comfortable, and he is a VERY picky sleeper. My mom slept on the twin size sleeper chair, and she said it was comfy as well. I don't know about the Jambo House "suites" if that is what you are referring to...I don't know if the Kidani furniture is newer, but it was all extremely comfortable. We had 2 bathrooms, and the whole thing was huge and extremely well decorated with great furnishings and kitchen. The master bathroom is ginormous!