PDA

View Full Version : Not impressed with pin code

markyv
04-04-2013, 10:56 PM
I received a pin code today. At first, I was excited, but that soon turned to disappointment when I saw the deal. It included the following:
At least $125 off a 5 night package at a value, at least $250 off a moderate, and $650 off a deluxe. This is off rack rates.

Really Disney? I believe you are quickly pricing yourselves out of the market for regular customers and your loyal customers who come every year are now having to seriously consider making a trip every 2 years or less often than that.

Corporate greed for more profits are going to ruin your business. I understand you wanting profits, but you are losing business. I stayed off property for the first time in February and with so deals like the one mentioned above, we will be staying off property again.

gardenia
04-05-2013, 07:33 AM
Oh great. Another post about "corporate greed", they'll be sorry, I'll take my money elsewhere, etc.. Really, if Disney is such a big bad monster, why would anyone go? It's really simple - if you don't like it don't go. If you can't pay it don't go.

I bought DVC years ago so I could continue to enjoy deluxe accommodations at a great price. I'll be enjoying Disney for years to come and not calling them names like some.

faline
04-05-2013, 07:51 AM
Disney has announced they were cutting back on discounts. As the economy improves, I would expect that. If the economy were to reverse itself, I would expect to see more, and larger, discounts.

If folks feel they get a better value for their dollar in another location, they are free to exercise that option.

Folks are also free to express their opinions and here on Intercot, we welcome varying opinions. I would, however, caution everyone who would like to express an opinion, to do it in a courteous and respectful manner.

BrerGnat
04-05-2013, 07:59 AM
Disney JUST released some fairly significant room discounts to cover one of their busiest times of the year (summer).

I haven't seen this "cutting back" of discounts so far. We are traveling to WDW in August this year using a significant discount.

Unless you need to travel over Thanksgiving, Christmas, or Easter Break, chances are, there will be some sort of discount when you want to go.

SBETigg
04-05-2013, 09:16 AM
My friends are going in July, over the 4th. I told them it was highly unlikely they would get a discount, but I recommended Magical Journeys. A discount became available and my friend emailed to thank me for recommending MJ (Denise). They saved $1400 (deluxe). I think that's pretty significant.

Though, the pin code isn't all that for you this time, perhaps. I don't think Disney is having that much trouble filling rooms lately, so the discounts might be dwindling.

disneydeb
04-05-2013, 10:02 AM
I never had discounts before I started booking with MJ!!

Yay! for MJ! and Yipee-yay-woot! for the economy!
:mickey:

DVC2004
04-05-2013, 04:15 PM
I have heard, too, that they had planned to move away from some of the previously offered discounts. I guess time will tell. I was able to book a room on very short notice a week ago for a trip in 2 weeks and every resort was available. Nothing was sold out that I could tell except the standard/ nonsuite rooms at Art of Animation.