PDA

View Full Version : First Night Stay- Arriving Late

DVC2004
04-04-2013, 01:28 PM
We are flying in late Friday in a couple weeks. We won't land until at least 10:30pm so by the time we get our bags, car, etc. I would guess we won't be checking in until Midnight at the earliest. We are checking in to CS in the morning.

I need to find a place and was thinking of one of the good neighbor DTD hotels. Reason being they seem to be cheaper than the values (seeing $140 and up for that night) and we know how to get to DTD without getting lost. I told my husband last thing I want to do at the end of the long day and late flight is to be driving around unfamiliar Orlando area looking for this place.

Any recommendations? I looked it Wyndham and it was under $100. Literally we just need a place to sleep for 7ish hours.

WDWFanatic
04-04-2013, 03:14 PM
What we've done in the past is stayed right at the airport in the hotel. It is pricey but it saved us on the rental car so I looked at it that way. Or we've just bit the bullet and added another night to our stay that way if I have the energy to unpack when we get there we start the next day off ready to go.

Would you be willing to use priceline, I know you don't want to be driving around trying to find your hotel but it could be a great price savings. We also bring our portable GPS from home to help with finding locations.

Have a great trip!

DVC2004
04-04-2013, 03:43 PM
Thanks! I could check there. We are renting a car anyway- my husband does not like waiting for busses unfortunately so we always get one. I do have a GPS device, too I just figured it might be easier to go where we are familiar. I looked at the airport hotel but it was quoting $170 for the night before tax.

buzznwoodysmom
04-04-2013, 06:50 PM
We have always stayed at a value in those situations. There is something wonderful about driving on to property a night early! We drive so it's exciting to wake the kids just as we are going through the "gates".

BrerGnat
04-04-2013, 07:04 PM
Most of the Downtown Disney hotels are very nice, and the price is right. None of them are hard to find, and in the morning, you're right where you want to be.

BuddyL4
04-04-2013, 07:30 PM
In 2009 we drove to Florida and booked a family suite at the Seralago for 1 night. Granted its not Disney but it was priced right:cool: and in the morning we got up and headed to the parks.

buzznwoodysmom
04-04-2013, 08:44 PM
Most of the Downtown Disney hotels are very nice, and the price is right. None of them are hard to find, and in the morning, you're right where you want to be.

This was a long time ago, back in 2006 I think. We arrived in Disney around 2am, drove up to the royal plaza hotel at downtown disney, and got a room for one night. It was something like $170. That was way more than what a value cost at that time. Maybe it depends on time of year.

January-2007
04-04-2013, 09:18 PM
We've stayed at both the Royal Plaza and the Doubletree in Downtown Disney on trips where we were able to make the drive in one day and greatly enjoyed each of these stays and would recommend them both.

TiggersMyFriend
04-05-2013, 11:35 AM
We stayed at the Royal Plaza and it was fine. Price was reasonable.

PETE FROM NYC
04-05-2013, 06:51 PM
Drive past WDW on 192, as soon as you get into "town", look for Knights Inn on the right. Its right across the street from Ramada. Its more like a little mom & pop type of motel. Costs less than $50/ nite, w/ a free continental bfast. Very close to the World.

ginny57
04-05-2013, 10:28 PM
We stayed sat a DoubleTree by the airport when we flew in late. It was close and perfectly fine for one night...and reasonable. When you are making your decision, be sure to check the hotel for resort fees and parking fees. They can take a great deal and make it not so hot.

VWL Mom
04-06-2013, 07:02 AM
Not sure how this would workout price wise for you but you might want to look at hopping ME and just booking CS for that night, pick up your car at the car care center the following day (they're open until 6) rather than the airport. When I was down earlier a few weeks ago Alamo was running a one-way FL special of $19.95 per day using their Insiders Club. If it's still running you could use the car savings to offset the higher hotel rate and wake up at CS ready to go. It would also save you the time of picking up a rental that late at night.

grumpypima
04-15-2013, 10:56 PM
We usually drive down, arrive early to late evening. We like to swim and have a late dinner.

We've stayed at Doubletree DTD and the Hilton DTD. Both are okay, nothing fantastic. The rooms at the Hilton are tiny but the restaurants on-site are good/decent.

We've stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn on Marabella Palm Parkway. For our next trip, we are considering the Hampton Inn on Palm Parkway. It seems to get good reviews on Tripadvisor. The area is safe and very close to the DTD hotels.:)

DVC2004
04-16-2013, 10:42 AM
Thanks everyone! I ended up finding a studio at a Marriott Vacation Club resort nearby for $85 (including tax)! I thought that was a great deal for the night.