PDA

View Full Version : Dole Whip Recipe

conan617
04-03-2013, 10:19 PM
OK - I found a recipe for dole whips. Has anyone tried any of the Disney recipes at home with any success? The recipe seems simple enough, but "just like in the parks" doesn't always mean it tastes just like in the parks.

SBETigg
04-03-2013, 11:08 PM
You might manage to duplicate the taste, but it couldn't possibly be "just like at the parks" without a soft serve machine, I think. But they do have a pineapple lactose free option at my local frozen yogurt place that tastes exactly like Dole Whip. It is still not the same eating it outside of the Disney area, though.

Zippy 1
04-04-2013, 01:38 AM
We actually have a dole whip stand at our local hockey games. It is awesome to get! Miss the Disney magic but helps between trips

BrerGnat
04-04-2013, 08:26 AM
You might manage to duplicate the taste, but it couldn't possibly be "just like at the parks" without a soft serve machine, I think. But they do have a pineapple lactose free option at my local frozen yogurt place that tastes exactly like Dole Whip. It is still not the same eating it outside of the Disney area, though.

Hey Sherri, we just had a new frozen yogurt place open up here, and they also had the "lactose free" Pineapple there, and guess what...it IS Dole Whip! I looked at the nutritional information on the company's website, and they supply both Pineapple and Orange Dole Whip! I swirled mine with some vanilla and I was instantly transported to Aloha Isle. :cloud9:

OP, you know, you can actually order Dole Whip online (the mix). All you would need to do is put it in an ice cream maker.

BrerGnat
04-04-2013, 08:30 AM
OK - I found a recipe for dole whips. Has anyone tried any of the Disney recipes at home with any success? The recipe seems simple enough, but "just like in the parks" doesn't always mean it tastes just like in the parks.

Just out of curiosity, what is the recipe?

Strmchsr
04-04-2013, 08:45 AM
OP, you know, you can actually order Dole Whip online (the mix). All you would need to do is put it in an ice cream maker.

Yep. DW, the Dole Whip fanatic, ordered the mix and it was pretty much just like the parks in a regular ice cream maker.

Ms. Mode
04-04-2013, 11:59 AM
I used the recipe given from WDW and it tastes just like it, but you MUST have a machine. :mickey:

conan617
04-04-2013, 12:49 PM
Just out of curiosity, what is the recipe?

Here's what I found -
Ingredients
1.2 20 ounce cans Dole crushed pineapple with juice
2.2 tablespoons lemon juice
3.2 tablespoons lime juice
4.1/3 cup sugar
5.1 and 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Directions
1.Drain pineapple; reserve 2 tablespoons juice. Set aside.
2.Place pineapple, lemon juice, lime juice, sugar and reserved pineapple juice in blender or food processor container; cover and blend until smooth.
3.Pour into two 1-quart freezer zipped bags and store bags flat in freezer.
4.Freeze 1-1/2 hours or until slushy.
5.Stir pineapple slush gently into whipped cream until slightly blended, in large bowl.
6.Return to freezer until completely frozen, about 1 hour.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Doesn't seem hard to make - compared to zebra domes that is.....

Main Street Jim
04-09-2013, 09:16 PM
Has anyone tried any of the Disney recipes at home with any success? Yes :)

We have about four or five of the "Disney Resort" cookbooks (includes Florida and California). Our favorite has been the Flame Tree BBQ sauce (from Animal Kingdom).

I'm a big chili fan, so we tried Walt's Favorite Chili, Beans, and Crackers. Wasn't what we expected.

One of the books has drink (alcoholic) recipes as well (Monorail Red/Pink/Yellows from the bar/lounge at the Contemprary are pretty decent!).

conan617
04-10-2013, 10:27 AM
Yes :)

We have about four or five of the "Disney Resort" cookbooks (includes Florida and California). Our favorite has been the Flame Tree BBQ sauce (from Animal Kingdom).

I'm a big chili fan, so we tried Walt's Favorite Chili, Beans, and Crackers. Wasn't what we expected.

One of the books has drink (alcoholic) recipes as well (Monorail Red/Pink/Yellows from the bar/lounge at the Contemprary are pretty decent!).

I am adding those cookbooks to my shopping list!:thumbsup:

I'm going to try the Dole Whip Recipe this weekend. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

conan617
04-12-2013, 09:34 PM
I made the recipe tonight. While it lacks the magic of getting a dole whip in MK, it's really not bad :mickey:. The recipe was really easy to make and really inexpensive. This will be a nice hold over until I can get the real thing!

On to my next WDW cooking challenge!