PDA

View Full Version : Villas at Grand Floridian News

VWL Mom
04-03-2013, 06:00 PM
It appears that the floor plans for VGF have been filed with the comptrollers office so sales should be starting soon. According to what has been filed there are studios, 1,2,and 4 bedroom units. It looks like the maximum will be 147 units. 6 Grand Villas, 47 dedicated Two Bedroom Villas and 47 lockoff Two Bedroom Villas for a total of 100 units or 147 individual "keys" with all lockoff villas counted separately as a One Bedroom + Deluxe Studio so it will probably be tough to get in.

There is no news on the cost per point yet but it appears that the per night point will not be as bad as some thought. It's only slightly higher than BLT which isn't bad. I can't wait to see what a 4 bedroom though....but I'm guessing there's not enough banking/borrowing to land me one.

Another twist is that they will be offering some fixed week options at VGF. This is similar to what they have Aulani. You buy your week and don't have to worry about making reservations. I think it's a wonderful option for those that take family trips at Christmas time every year!

Aurora
04-04-2013, 07:54 PM
Grand Villas will be 4 bedrooms? Or will the 4-bedrooms be 2 two-bedrooms? Sleeping a total of 16 people?

That would actually be perfect for us if we could ever nail down an extended-family trip.

VWL Mom
04-04-2013, 07:59 PM
The 4 bedroom will be a Grand Villa. The floorplan shows entry into the kitchen/living area with 2 bedrooms on each side of the common space. There are 3 1/2baths in the unit. They don't list occupancy yet but they look like 2 masters and 2 dbl/dbl so 15-16 would be a good guess.

One thing I forgot to mention in the original post which I find kind of disappointing was the 2 bedrooms have 2 baths rather than the 2 1/2 the BLT and AKV have which I like.

Aurora
04-06-2013, 11:08 AM
The 4 bedroom will be a Grand Villa. The floorplan shows entry into the kitchen/living area with 2 bedrooms on each side of the common space. There are 3 1/2baths in the unit. They don't list occupancy yet but they look like 2 masters and 2 dbl/dbl so 15-16 would be a good guess.

One thing I forgot to mention in the original post which I find kind of disappointing was the 2 bedrooms have 2 baths rather than the 2 1/2 the BLT and AKV have which I like.

That extra comes in handy. Our entire house has only one bathroom, (with three kids) so when we had two baths in our 1-bedroom at BLT a couple of years ago we were in the lap of luxury!! :D

Aurora
04-08-2013, 06:59 PM
Another twist is that they will be offering some fixed week options at VGF. This is similar to what they have Aulani. You buy your week and don't have to worry about making reservations. I think it's a wonderful option for those that take family trips at Christmas time every year!

Just noticed this part of your post and found out a little more about it. I understand the desire to make that option available in Hawaii, when flexibility to travel there is much more limited and especially might appeal to Asian owners, but I really don't like this idea for Disney World.

I like that all owners get the same shot at rooms for any given week as anyone else within the 11- and 7-month reservation windows. I don't like the thought that my chance at a room for a particular day might be cut by as much as 35 percent (reportedly the maximum "fixed" ownership amount to be allowed per day), before reservations are even open.

At a DVC resort as small and as highly sought-after as the GF, 35 percent will be a substantial number of rooms. For example, the number of available GVs, even for a "regular" GF DVC owner, could be cut from 6 to 4 for the most popular times.

I also don't like the idea of a "tiered" ownership system, where you can pay more to lock out other owners, but that Disney ship has already sailed. :(

VWL Mom
04-08-2013, 09:38 PM
I like that all owners get the same shot at rooms for any given week as anyone else within the 11- and 7-month reservation windows. I don't like the thought that my chance at a room for a particular day might be cut by as much as 35 percent (reportedly the maximum "fixed" ownership amount to be allowed per day), before reservations are even open.

At a DVC resort as small and as highly sought-after as the GF, 35 percent will be a substantial number of rooms. For example, the number of available GVs, even for a "regular" GF DVC owner, could be cut from 6 to 4 for the most popular times.

I agree and if I was actually buying GF points this would make me think twice about it. Probably more so if I was a holiday traveller because availability will be extremely limited.

tomatoe pie
04-18-2013, 05:52 PM
villas at the grand, blt and kidani. isn't it amazing what an extra bathroom can do to make your vacation more pleasant. :thumbsup: