PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone question??

minnie04
04-03-2013, 02:41 PM
Iphone OR Galaxy which do prefer and why??? I’m almost up for a new phone and I can’t make up my mind.. :confused: Kids have the Iphones and DH has the Galaxy they are both nice, but I just don’t know. :mickey:

VWL Mom
04-03-2013, 03:28 PM
I have an iphone and love it but I'm basically an Apple person and have managed to convert DH and my boys over. I just find their product more user friendly. One thing to keep in mind is it was announced yesterday on CNBC that the IPhone 5S(6) will be released this summer so you may want to wait a bit longer.

DizneyRox
04-04-2013, 12:00 AM
Switched from and iPhone to an LG Optimus G and I'm mostly happy. Jail breaking to get the functionality I need was getting old. There were also some significant Bluetooth problems that don't seem to exist with the LG vs the iPhone.

I passed on the Galaxy, it feels cheap in hand. Third pary ROM support though is probably the best right now.

JRocker
04-04-2013, 05:42 AM
I've never had an iPhone, could never justify the iPrice, so I really can't give a comparison.

But I really have no issues at all with the Galaxy phones I've had. Android has comparable apps for just about everything the iPhone has, though it seems like there was one feature the Android didn't have that the iPhone has, can't remember what it was though.

I do know my daughter is very happy with her Galaxy and she's an iHippy. Her dad just couldn't afford to shell out the extra couple of iHundreds to support her iHabit.

iBe done now. :)

BrerGnat
04-04-2013, 08:19 AM
Who is your carrier? AT&T.

Galaxy is an amazing phone. I would recommend the Galaxy S3 or wait for the new Galaxy S4, coming later this month.

If you are fully invested in the Apple universe (apps, music, etc), then the iPhone will be a good choice for you.

I like the freedom I get from having an Android phone. Any apps or media I purchase can be loaded onto ANY future Android devices, with no limitations, right over the internet (no need for stupid iTunes syncing). Once you buy it, it's yours. If you have Gmail, it's even better!

IMO, iTunes makes the entire Apple experience such a hassle.

DisneyDog
04-15-2013, 01:23 PM
I have an iphone. Love it, stable, great battery life and so easy to use.

Belle of the Ball 051411
04-15-2013, 01:26 PM
I have an iphone. Love it, stable, great battery life and so easy to use.

This! :)

Dopey's Girl
04-15-2013, 02:05 PM
I love my iPhone. I had the 3G, 4 and now I have a 5. I was sad to get rid of the 4, but it went for a swim (:blush:) and didn't quite work right anymore. Its user friendly, and while iTunes isn't my favorite, I can sync it with iCloud now, so that is a bit less painful.

Kenny1113
04-15-2013, 02:25 PM
I love the iPhone I have had one since the original! :) but maybe I am biased because I drank the apple juice!!! (We have iMac, Mac book pro, Apple TV, iPads etc). The only time I have had an issue with iTunes is with my kids' galaxy tablet, in that case I agree iTunes stinks. I cannot sync any of their music/apps (from their iphones) from iTunes. (I had to find a back way to sync the music)

kakn7294
04-15-2013, 04:54 PM
I LOVE my basic old iPhone 4. My whole family has them now, even my mother. I already had an iPod Touch with iTunes so it was an easy transition to be able to learn how to use the phone. My daughters used to have Sony Experia Play Android phones and I HATED them - too clunky and heavy, difficult to use, and a much more limited selection of apps (at least the ones I used weren't available). They're much happier with their iPhones. The only one who has any trouble using hers is my mother - I had to set it up for her and now I have to do all of her updates and such.

Jeri Lynn
04-15-2013, 04:58 PM
Family of iphones. I love mine, I find it very user friendly.

BigB
04-15-2013, 10:09 PM
I've had my iPhone (3Gs) for going on over three years and have no problems with it. I prefer the Apple over the Android because of the security. Android is very liberal with their apps and can allow someone to have complete access to your phone including passwords and all account information that is used and stored on your phone. On the other hand Apple (iOS) is very picky and scrutinizes everything that goes onto their app store. If you do purchase an iPhone and don't want to wait for the newest release I suggest getting the 4s. It still uses the 30 pin connector and has a lot more hardware that is compatible.

tjstrike
04-20-2013, 05:53 PM
We left the Iphones because they're all hype and over priced. I have the Samsung G3 and my wife has the HTC VX and we are both very happy with our phones.

MNNHFLTX
04-21-2013, 12:29 AM
Never had a Galaxy, but I love my iPhone 4s! Very easy to use, reliable and With loads of apps to choose from. Only downside is the short battery life; I use a battery case to help with that. Fortunately, it sounds like the 5 has addressed this problem.

GusNJacque
04-21-2013, 08:25 AM
Never had a Galaxy, but I love my iPhone 4s! Very easy to use, reliable and With loads of apps to choose from. Only downside is the short battery life; I use a battery case to help with that. Fortunately, it sounds like the 5 has addressed this problem.

So glad to hear this.