PDA

View Full Version : Old Key West - Yay or Nay....

RavsRuleDisney!
04-03-2013, 01:19 PM
Ok, just returned from the World (trip reports are up) and with the numerous trips we have been fortunate enough to make to WDW over the past 10 years or so we just hit up OKW for the first time - had dinner at Olivia's. My question is hey, we really liked the resort layout and beachy, laid back ambience so for anyone who has stayed here, what are your thoughts? We would like to get back again next year (my wife says 2015 but who is she kidding! ;) ) so no time like planning in advance!

Look forward to all thoughts, opinions, reviews, suggestions....

:mickey: :mickey:

stephicakes
04-03-2013, 03:30 PM
I say try everything once! We very much enjoyed our stay there (2 bdrm villa) and will stay there again in the future. The boat to DTD is a plus! I was surprised the counter service by the pool had limited food options but that certainly isn't a make it or break it deal for us. Like you mentioned, Olivia's is a nice treat. The grounds feel quiet & laid back and definitely have a tropical feel to it. :sun:

I say go for it and check it off your list! :thumbsup:

DVC2004
04-03-2013, 04:04 PM
It is laid back and since it's been around for a while, the vegetation there is so lush and tropical. It feels more like a neighborhood to me than a hotel. We've stayed there several times through our DVC membership and always had a pleasant stay. The 1 bedroom and larger units have so many nice amenities- huge bathroom, kitchen, washer and dryer. But even the studios are the largest in size on property of all the DVC resorts. I also like the boat to DTD. You would still get housekeeping every day if you pay cash for your room (not using DVC points) but I don't think they offer room service. I don't know if you care about that or not. I think it's a nice place, and the rooms were all refurbed not that long ago. However I am a little biased to the DVC properties because usually that all is what we stay in.

Mickey'sGirl
04-03-2013, 04:26 PM
We all LOVE Old Key West. I think I prefer it to all other resorts besides The BoardWalk (and we have stayed at almost all of them). I truly feel like I am on holiday there, and I LOVE the space! A one bedroom is like a condo!

mgmnut
04-03-2013, 05:20 PM
We stayed at OKW last year and booked it again for this year. We really enjoyed this resort, it has a very relaxing feel to it.

DonLefNY
04-04-2013, 11:39 AM
I vote Yay! OKW is pretty much the only place we stay on site now.

January-2007
04-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Yay. I really liked Old Key West when we stayed there.

Becca3557
04-06-2013, 06:41 PM
We own at OKW, so I am supremely biased. :thumbsup: We love everything about it. It is a very relaxing place to stay and the staff is aces. The rooms are large and comfortable. I think you will have a wonderful time!

Lindsey310
04-06-2013, 07:00 PM
We stayed there in march 2013 for a few nights on the way home from sarasota and key west. We haven't stayed here since 2006 and we absolutely loved it.

The room was bigger, the pool while crowded was a fun atmosphere and we really love the theming of the resort and the location. The newly renovated rooms are really well done.

It is a large resort but we had a car so we didn't mind. Bus and boat system was efficient. The only thing I wish they would change is to add a quick service location for breakfast.

We really loved it and are thinking of staying here for our October trip. :mickey:

NewmanFamily6
04-07-2013, 02:20 PM
We have stayed there numerous times and always loved it:thumbsup: The rooms are huge and it is a very relaxed environment. This will be our first year trying AKV and hope the children like it as much as OKW:mickey:

ThanxForNoticin
04-08-2013, 12:26 PM
An absolute YAY for OKW. One of our favorite places to stay - larger rooms, fun pool and entertainment area, and a very peaceful feel to the entire place. We stay there as often as we can.