PDA

View Full Version : Todd English's BlueZoo

DVC2004
04-03-2013, 12:59 PM
Has anyone been here? I think it is at the Dolphin. My husband has asked to go here for our trip later this month. I don't recall seeng many posts about this. Is this a skip?

So far we are doing Kouzzina (the Chef's tasting dinner) and Grand Floridian Cafe for lunch one day. I would like to go back to Raglan Road, Maya Grill at Coronado, and I think we both want to try Sanaa. I am avoiding an Epcot sit down because we plan to try alot at the Festival Market Places. I know from Food and Wine Fest we can't eat that much and then sit down for a meal, too. Even though there are tons of favorite places for us at Epcot!

Todd English wouldn't be my pick but let me know what any thoughts are if you have been.

ThanxForNoticin
04-03-2013, 01:06 PM
Personally, I would highly recommend it. My wife and I enjoyed a very nice, romantic dinner there about 2 years ago. I would definitely go back. Great food and service.

FYI - I would also highly recommend Sanaa. Enjoy!

SBETigg
04-03-2013, 01:22 PM
I've seen mostly good reviews for BlueZoo. It's not on the dining plan, if you're using DDP. I haven't tried it. I haven't enjoyed Todd English's restaurant in my area, Tuscany. I tagged along on my husband's recent conference at the Dolphin. People who dined at BlueZoo were disappointed in it-- but they were two large groups and I suspect that was part of it. Still, I would have no problem trying BlueZoo, just haven't got around to it, and I hope it's good for you.

All of your other choices are great, some of my favorites. With the exception of Maya Grill-- I haven't tried that one yet so I don't know.

DVC2004
04-03-2013, 01:29 PM
We aren't on DDP so this might be worth trying. I just looked at the menu and it looks good. The photos of the restaurant are cerntainly right up my alley!

Maya Grill we tried a couple trips ago when we stayed at Coronado and found it to be really good. At least we thought! I thought the food was similar to what is served at Hacienda de San Angel. I do want to make a trip over there for dinner one evening then maybe check out Rix Lounge. We won't have kids with us this trip.

pamickeys
04-05-2013, 04:23 PM
The bar is great, the rest was very of the evening left a lot to be desired, service - unattentive, food-over priced. go to Shula's

RALPH
05-03-2013, 08:01 PM
My wife and I ate there for the first time on our 25th anniversary trip. It was fantastic. So much so, we are eating there on our actual
26th anniversay date. This is now a must visit restaurant for us on all future WDW trips.

Jforrest2
05-04-2013, 05:58 PM
We had an awesome experience there. The staff was very attentive and the fried lobster was amazing.

VWL Mom
05-04-2013, 06:11 PM
I know my DH rarely requests a restaurant so when he does I book it for him. When it comes to Disney we've had some frightful meals that others loved and some wonderful meals that others hated. If your husband wants to try it I say go for it.

Donald's Girl
05-04-2013, 07:20 PM
Thought it was wonderful for a change of pace at Disney. Love the decor, menu and we had fabulous service there. Actually have booked our Anniversary dinner there for June.