PDA

View Full Version : Magic Kingdom Train?

minnie-mouse
04-03-2013, 09:47 AM
How long does it take to ride the train all the way around the park (including the stops)?

minnie-mouse
04-03-2013, 09:48 AM
One day on our trip we will be arriving in the afternoon right before the parade. Any suggestions on what to do at MK this day as I am sure things get more crowded in the afternoon?

faline
04-03-2013, 10:20 AM
How long does it take to ride the train all the way around the park (including the stops)?

Approximately 20 minutes - sometimes a bit longer.

faline
04-03-2013, 10:21 AM
One day on our trip we will be arriving in the afternoon right before the parade. Any suggestions on what to do at MK this day as I am sure things get more crowded in the afternoon?

If it's an extremely busy day, I'd go for those attractions that don't get overloaded - things like the Peoplemover; the River Boat; Train; Hall of Presidents; Tiki Room.

Main Street Jim
04-03-2013, 08:51 PM
"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Mouseketeers....welcome aboard the Walt Disney World Railroad. For your safety and the safety of those around you, we ask that you please refrain from eating, drinking, and smoking while on board the train. For the safety of all small children, please seat them toward the center of the seat, with adults on the outside. Please keep all hands, arms, feet, legs, heads, shoulders, knees and toes, children, and strollers inside the train at all times. Our first stop will be Frontierland station, your closest stop to Adventureland, Liberty Square, Pirates of the Caribbean, the Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Our second stop is Fantasyland station, your closest stop to Tomorrowland, Space Mountain, the Mad Tea Party, Storybook Circus, and Cinderella Castle. Our third stop will be right back here at Main Street, USA, your closest stop to the Magic Kingdom exit and all Walt Disney World transportation, including Monorails, Ferry Boats, and Buses. Our trip around the Magic Kingdom will take approximately 20 minutes. Now, sit back and relax, as our train has been cleared for motion. ALL ABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAARD!"

:thumbsup:

DANAM
04-03-2013, 11:04 PM
Beware of entering right before the parade with hopes of skipping it to head to attractions in the back. We arrived 30 minutes before the parade and Main Street was flooded with people. We were literally stuck and had no choice but watch the parade. And this was the first week of May. So the parks werent terribly crowded.
We have learned to get there at least an hour ahead of time. Just to be on the safe side. But same goes for leaving. Sometimes the cast members keep the walking lane moving but other time they just don't seem to care. Our biggest problem was we were just trying to make it to the shop where I knew we could walk throught but we couldn't get pass the circle.

Zawadi
04-09-2013, 06:14 PM
"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Mouseketeers....welcome aboard the Walt Disney World Railroad. For your safety and the safety of those around you, we ask that you please refrain from eating, drinking, and smoking while on board the train. For the safety of all small children, please seat them toward the center of the seat, with adults on the outside. Please keep all hands, arms, feet, legs, heads, shoulders, knees and toes, children, and strollers inside the train at all times. Our first stop will be Frontierland station, your closest stop to Adventureland, Liberty Square, Pirates of the Caribbean, the Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Our second stop is Fantasyland station, your closest stop to Tomorrowland, Space Mountain, the Mad Tea Party, Storybook Circus, and Cinderella Castle. Our third stop will be right back here at Main Street, USA, your closest stop to the Magic Kingdom exit and all Walt Disney World transportation, including Monorails, Ferry Boats, and Buses. Our trip around the Magic Kingdom will take approximately 20 minutes. Now, sit back and relax, as our train has been cleared for motion. ALL ABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAARD!"

Hey Jim, was that recited from memory?

DisneyDawgette
04-09-2013, 08:46 PM

This made me smile. I love getting to read your posts. :)

Main Street Jim
04-09-2013, 09:18 PM
Hey Jim, was that recited from memory?Yes sir - even though I hadn't worked on the trains since 2007 :) I added the "Fantasyland/Storybook Circus" stuff...LOL

2MuchWDFun
04-10-2013, 06:31 PM
Thanks, Jim! I'm taking the round trip in my mind right now!!

All aboard...

cer
04-10-2013, 08:43 PM

*love*