PDA

View Full Version : Animal Kingdom Experts

Katzateer
04-01-2013, 09:33 PM
I am trying to plan a morning at AK-

Does this plan sound like it will work??

EMH - safari when get into park

Stop at Kusafiri Bakery to get an elephant cupcake

Lion King at 10:30

Flame tree BBQ (are the ribs and chicken better than the pulled pork??)

Finding Nemo

Flights of Wonder ( does this get hot since it is outside should I go here first and Lion King
last??)

I should have plenty of time between safari and
my first show to look around - I love the details in the park and go into any shops I pass.

We don't spend a lot of time at this park so I
don't know it as well as the other three. Would the fastest way to get to EPCOT afterwards be go to AKL and take a bus from there?

Thanks for suggestions!

EllieMae
04-01-2013, 10:12 PM
I am trying to plan a morning at AK-

Flame tree BBQ (are the ribs and chicken better than the pulled pork??)

Thanks for suggestions!

I used to really love the ribs at Flame Tree BBQ but the last few times they seemed chewy and not quite finished. I think that if we would have eaten there at dinner instead of lunch they would have been more tender. Good flavor on all of the BBQ though IMO.

Kairi_7378
04-01-2013, 10:45 PM
I like your game plan. Depending on the show times you will have lots of time to wander through the park. We usually visit Flights of Wonder after lunch and haven't had trouble with the heat. You might want to refil any water bottles before cue-ing up, though.

I've never had the pulled pork at Flame Tree but the ribs and chicken have always been quite good.

I think the quickest route to Epcot would be to get on an Epcot bus in the parking lot, rather than going to AKL first. (Unless you want to explore the ALK resort, which is worth a visit.)

Katzateer
04-02-2013, 08:14 AM
I
I think the quickest route to Epcot would be to get on an Epcot bus in the parking lot, rather than going to AKL first. (Unless you want to explore the ALK resort, which is worth a visit.)

Thanks! Did not remember there was a bus to EPCOT so will do that.

We spent a lotof time at AKL in October and I love going over there. If I have some extra time, I may go just to look around- love the details and the gift shop.

azcavalier
04-02-2013, 09:03 AM
Thanks! Did not remember there was a bus to EPCOT so will do that.

We spent a lotof time at AKL in October and I love going over there. If I have some extra time, I may go just to look around- love the details and the gift shop.

I thought that there were no busses from one park to another? I don't think that you can go straight from AK to Epcot. You have to go to the TTC and transfer.

Regarding the rest, it sounds OK, as long as there is a Nemo showtime that fits. Hitting the Safari first thing is a good idea, as the animals are much more active in the morning. Last time, we had *seven* giraffes come right up to our truck. They were less than ten feet away. It was amazing!

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-02-2013, 09:15 AM
Yes, there is part-to-park transportation.

It can get a bit confusing at times, but there is bus transportation from AK to Epcot, without going all the way to the TTC.

PopPhan
04-02-2013, 09:20 AM
I thought that there were no busses from one park to another? I don't think that you can go straight from AK to Epcot. You have to go to the TTC and transfer.

Regarding the rest, it sounds OK, as long as there is a Nemo showtime that fits. Hitting the Safari first thing is a good idea, as the animals are much more active in the morning. Last time, we had *seven* giraffes come right up to our truck. They were less than ten feet away. It was amazing!

There is Park-To-Park transportation - Bus, Boat, Monorail - but no Resort-To-Resort or Park-To/From-Downtown Disney transportation.

TheHD
04-03-2013, 11:33 PM
I am assuming that you aren't an Everest fan. We usually go straight to EE to grab a FP, then head over to the Safari. We can usually still walk-on or at most, wait 10 minutes.

After that, head over to EE, then on to Dinosaur for the next FP.

FLKatie912
04-04-2013, 12:14 AM
I am assuming that you aren't an Everest fan. We usually go straight to EE to grab a FP, then head over to the Safari. We can usually still walk-on or at most, wait 10 minutes.

Agreed. I tend to do the same for the beginning of my day, but I also add Finding Nemo: The Musical :fishbowl: and skip Flights of Wonder because I have a true fear of birds and don't find it that entertaining.

Katzateer
04-04-2013, 08:27 AM

Yeap- I am a wimp. I don't do any coasters, drop rides, motion rides:blush: but I love the tea cups at MK.

Thats one thing I love about WDW- lots of stage shows and rides I will ride.

For years our family did not ride coasters and at 16 our youngest discovered she liked them. Now she heads off for her favorites while we enjoy our idea of Disney fun.

TheHD
04-04-2013, 09:53 PM
Haha! Yeah, I understand.

If you have time between the safari and your first show, I would highly recommend exploring Pangani Forest Exploration Trail and the Majaharah Jungle Trek if you haven't experienced them yet. I enjoy these self-paced trails tremendously and they are a must do on each trip.

azcavalier
04-05-2013, 08:30 AM
There is Park-To-Park transportation - Bus, Boat, Monorail - but no Resort-To-Resort or Park-To/From-Downtown Disney transportation.

I know that there is some park-to-park transports (boats and monorails), but I can't for the life of me ever remember seeing a bus. I can't remember seeing any bus stops at the park entrances that direct you to other parks. Especially Animal Kingdom. When i'm there in a few weeks, i'll probably see one and think, "Huh. Wonder why I never noticed that before."

Katzateer
04-05-2013, 08:45 AM
If you have time between the safari and your first show, I would highly recommend exploring Pangani Forest Exploration Trail and the Majaharah Jungle Trek if you haven't experienced them yet. I enjoy these self-paced trails tremendously and they are a must do on each trip.

The last time we were at AK we spent a LOT of time walking through both - it was a senior graduation trip for our youngest and her best friend. Her friend really enjoyed AK and the girls liked Everest too! Thanks for the suggestions.

I just wish I had been able to book it for longer- I only get 2 full days at WDW. Looking forward to a longer trip next time.

PlutoPlanet
04-05-2013, 12:46 PM
I used to really love the ribs at Flame Tree BBQ but the last few times they seemed chewy and not quite finished. I think that if we would have eaten there at dinner instead of lunch they would have been more tender. Good flavor on all of the BBQ though IMO.

I get the pulled pork every year. I think about trying something else, but when the moment of truth comes, I can't. The pulled pork just "pulls me back". In a good way.

PlutoPlanet
04-05-2013, 12:47 PM
You could even skip Nemo. We saw it once and were unimpressed ala McKayla Maroney.

cer
04-05-2013, 12:59 PM
I know that there is some park-to-park transports (boats and monorails), but I can't for the life of me ever remember seeing a bus. I can't remember seeing any bus stops at the park entrances that direct you to other parks. Especially Animal Kingdom. When i'm there in a few weeks, i'll probably see one and think, "Huh. Wonder why I never noticed that before."

I can go on record as having seen park to park bus transporation at Epcot "with my own little eye". So you walk like you are going to take a bus to a resort, go past the little office on the right and then the resort pick up areas are covered and you can proceed straight and get in line there or to the right. Well, in the middle of the parking lot - out in the open is the stop for park to park bus transportation.

This is the only area I can speak to, I have never used the park to park bus transportation, but I remember thinking that it was cool that they had it. :thumbsup: