PDA

View Full Version : Food booths at Epcot

Katzateer
03-31-2013, 08:10 PM
If you have been able to sample the food at the booths at the flower show- what are your favorites.

This will be a first for me - we did not get to sample any food at the Food and Wine Festival last October due to an earlier than planned departure.

It looks like my can't miss picks are:

Heirloom tomatoes in United Kingdom

Spring pancakes in China

Pulled pig slider or smoked brisket in American Adventure Courtyard

And the French veggie tart

My stomach is growling!:mickey:

Christine
03-31-2013, 08:38 PM
The brisket, collard greens, & jalapeño cornbread in America

The salmon, shrimp, & crab with ginger rice in Japan

The shrimp and grits in Florida

Hands down, best food out there!:thumbsup:

SBETigg
03-31-2013, 10:37 PM
I loved so many things. I tried more than I expected I would try:

THe COTTAGE UK Booth:
Potato, Chive and Cheddar Cheese Biscuit with Smoked Salmon Tartare and Sour Cream

Waterkist Farms Heirloom Tomatoes with house-made Mozzarella, Minus 8 Vinegar and Basil

Peach Cold Brewed Iced Tea

GERMAN Market:

Savory Bread Pudding with Spring Peas and Wild Mushroom Ragout

German Meatloaf Sandwich with Sweet Mustard and Fried Shallots

Hugo – Charles De Fere “Organic” Brut with Elderflower and Mint

FLORIDA FRESH – World Showcase Promenade, Mexico side

Shrimp and Stone Ground Grits with Andouille Sausage, Zellwood Corn, Tomatoes and Cilantro

JARDIN DE FIESTAS – Mexico

Tacos de Carnitas (Pork Tacos topped with Tamarindo salsa, served on a flour tortilla with Chicharrón)

Tostada (Crab tostada served with Chipotle Mayo and Valentina Salsa)

Rosita Margarita

PRIMAVERA KITCHEN – Italy

Asparagi con Aragosta all’Ortolana (Green asparagus, lobster, garden cocktail sauce)

Lasagna Primavera (Spinach Lasagna, green peas, zucchini, mushrooms, broccolini, béchamel and fresh tomatoes, with garlic and basil leaves)

HANAMI – Japan

Chirashi Hanazushi (Grilled Salmon, cooked shrimp and crab stick served over a bed of fragrant ginger rice with Volcano and Dynamite sauce)

TASTE OF MARRAKESH – Morocco

Spiced Lamb Kebab with Vegetable Couscous Salad

Harissa and Lamb Confit Chicken Drumettes with Chermoula and Cucumber Salad

PINEAPPLE PROMENADE – World Showcase Promenade, Canada side

Dole® Whip with Siesta Key Spiced Rum

Of these, the outstanding ones for me were the FL shrimp and grits and the Primavera Italy selections. Also maybe Japan. But I really liked mostly everything. The Germany savory bread pudding and the potato chive and cheddar biscuits were the ones I probably would not repeat, given the choice.

The Dole Whip with rum is getting a bad rap for lack of a heavy dose of rum, but I really feel that the spiced rum could easily overwhelm the Dole Whip and you don't actually want more than a drizzle of it.

mac badger
04-11-2013, 02:22 PM
the shrimp and grits was the winner for me, just fantastic. the spring pancake in china was a close runner up, it was very light.
also, the trifle trio in the uk was outstanding.
everything i tried i liked, just some more than others. i also really liked the pork taco and rose margarita in mexico.
maybe because its the first year, i found the portions to be quite large-larger than food and wine festival portions.