PDA

View Full Version : This new nextgen stuff

phlo8810
03-31-2013, 07:02 PM
Is it up an running? I haven't been keeping up with this but I'm leaving in 10 days for a quick trip to wdw. Can I book fast pass+? I have the apps and when I click on fp link nothing happens. Are they still choosing people at the airport? Am I missing something? Or has it simply not started yet?

DizneyFreak2002
03-31-2013, 07:12 PM
Is it up an running? I haven't been keeping up with this but I'm leaving in 10 days for a quick trip to wdw. Can I book fast pass+? I have the apps and when I click on fp link nothing happens. Are they still choosing people at the airport? Am I missing something? Or has it simply not started yet?

Some elements are live such as RFID... All tickets (or at least most tickets, I think APs have just been converted) have been converted to RFID chip cards... The Magic Bands are not available yet... The gate entrances are, for the most part, RFID enabled now...

FP+ is only in testing phase and not live...

phlo8810
03-31-2013, 07:35 PM
Thanks. That's pretty much what I thought. I will be trading my paper ap for the new one when I get there. I'm going again in June so hopefully things will get going then.

DizneyFreak2002
03-31-2013, 07:39 PM
Thanks. That's pretty much what I thought. I will be trading my paper ap for the new one when I get there. I'm going again in June so hopefully things will get going then.

Make sure you read the ToS... I believe if you turn in your paper ticket you give up usage of the current fast pass system... Check out one of the threads in the News/Rumors section... Tek posted the wording from Disney's site about the new tickets and current fast pass...

EDIT: No need to look for it, here it is, from the app:

Once you convert a ticket or pass you will no longer be able to participate in the standard FASTPASS service upon arrival in the parks.

MickeysBestPal
04-01-2013, 06:27 AM
Once you convert a ticket or pass you will no longer be able to participate in the standard FASTPASS service upon arrival in the parks.

As was discussed in another thread, this particular situation has not yet taken effect.

Guests using the new plastic RFID tickets CAN still use the regular, current FP system at all of the parks.
(Which is good, because that's all the FP system that's available at this point.) ;)