PDA

View Full Version : Water parks

chichi1515
03-28-2013, 08:33 AM
is it worth it to go to a water park next week?
do they heat there pools?

BrerGnat
03-28-2013, 08:46 AM
Eh, I don't know about that. It's been very cold in FL recently.

We went to Blizzard Beach in the first week of April 2010. The air temp was about 75, but it was kind of windy that day, and the water did NOT feel very well heated to me. At least, compared to the resort pool. It was much colder. We only lasted about 2.5 hours before we had to leave. Most of our time was spent submerged up to our necks in the wave pool too.

It's a toss up. I would say if it gets hotter than about 80, it will be enjoyable enough to warrant a visit.

PlutoPlanet
03-28-2013, 12:09 PM
When the weather is good, I like going to the water parks. It's so different than the parks, but lots of fun. I just wouldn't try it in cool weather. Walking from one attraction to the next would be uncomfortable.

Cheshire_Girl
03-28-2013, 01:20 PM
I live in Tampa/St Pete area...Today it is supposed to get up to 70 degree...A lil cool
You couldn't pay me to go to the water parks until it's up around 78 at least...Maybe I've just lived here long enough that I'm now a bit of a wuss when it comes to what I consider cold.

AgentC
03-28-2013, 01:37 PM
Supposedly we are done with the cold. Highs are supposed to be low to mid 80's next week. I would just keep an eye on the forecast and then decide. I

Goofeygal
03-28-2013, 02:47 PM
I agree if the temps get above 80 I would go but seems any cooler then that it is uncomfortable being out of the water.

Awesome_guy
03-28-2013, 10:59 PM
I am such a fan of both waterparks. Each has their appeal. I'm one who would make a waterpark work for at least part of a day (maybe the sunniest, if things are cool), even if conditions were marginal. My first trip was a nice long one making both water parks work. Each shorter trip since, I've alternated. Both have great lazy rivers.

Typhoon Lagoon, the wave pool can't be beat. Tropical. Snorkelling with tropical fish. The water coaster with some uphills.

Blizzard Beach. Funky theming. An awesome family raft ride. Some thrill/racer slides. A ski lift (fun once, but not super efficient).

If you feel pulled there, and things aren't crazy cold... go, have fun!

Davy Crockett
04-05-2013, 01:55 PM
CHICHI515
I pulled this from the Vacation Planning Board as STRMCHSR always has the current weather posted there.

Weather at WDW - Update Friday am, April 5, 2013
Look for the high to reach 75-76 today. There will be off and on periods of rain, maybe a thunderstorm, this morning but things will clear out this afternoon. None of the showers this morning should last too long but thunderstorms could be briefly strong. Tomorrow through Tuesday should be pretty much dry with just a slight chance of a brief pop up shower. The high tomorrow will be 75-77 then warming to 80-82 for Sunday and Monday and up to 83-85 for Tuesday and Wednesday. Scattered showers will be possible on Wednesday. Thursday and Friday will be a little wetter. Thursday should be dry during most of the day with a high 82-84, but showers and thunderstorms will begin to develop late in the afternoon and will continue to be possible all day on Friday. With the rain Friday's high should stay around 75.

Long range...April 13 remains wet as the front moves very slowly. April 14-21 looks mostly dry with just the normal pop up afternoon showers possible. Highs should be low to mid 80s throughout voodooland.
'
Based on this forecast it looks like the temps will be in the mid to high 80's and should work out well for you going to either or both water parks. ENJOY!