PDA

View Full Version : Views at Sanaa

beksy
03-28-2013, 03:36 AM
We are trying Sanaa on our next trip (its taken me this long to convince my mom and sister but the lure of looking at the resort at Christmas won them over). I am trying to decide on the best time to go. Obviously I'm thinking before dark, or at least with part of the meal before dark. I was wondering if the animals can be seen during the lunch time meal or earlier in the evening? I wasn't sure and my sister is going mainly for the view so I can't disappoint her! Also, can zebras be seen from there? They are her favorite animal. This is our first time going to AKL so I'm looking forward to seeing it and eating there :thumbsup:

CJDDS
03-28-2013, 06:34 AM
We had lunch there a couple years ago in September. Plenty of viewing opportunities for the available animals.

faline
03-28-2013, 07:43 AM
Views depend on where you are seated. The one time we dined in this establishment we were seated where we had no view of the exterior. My view was of the bar area and my husband's view was towards the hostess station.

DisneyDINK
03-28-2013, 10:08 AM
We had lunch there and were the first or second party seated and we got a pretty good view of the savannah. If we were a party of 4 we probably would have had a better view; the tables for 2 were in the middle, but the view was still OK. I'd recommend arriving early for lunch or dinner so the optimum seating is at least available.

The only animal I remember seeing was the giraffe, but it was kind of cool to have the view during the meal.

SBETigg
03-28-2013, 10:52 AM
We had lunch there and saw many animals, zebra, giraffe, elephant, and various birds. Two zebras actually got a little frisky. I was surprised, didn't think we would see so many. We had a great seat (one of the first to be seated at lunch time) and it was a very fun and delicious lunch. The food is good enough that I would go back even without guarantee of a view, but the view made it special.

ThanxForNoticin
03-28-2013, 12:37 PM
When you check in for your meal, you can ask for a table near the windows. If they can get you close to the view of the animals, they will. We've already done early lunch, late lunch, and early dinners at Sanaa, and the view is amazing - not to mention the food. You are never guaranteed to see any particular animals, but it's rare you won't see giraffes, zebra, some of the wildebeast/cattle, and/or many birds. Sorry to disagree with SBETigg, but there are no elephants at the AKL. You can only see them at the AK park on safari.

mousetrapper
03-28-2013, 12:39 PM
I'm hoping for a good view too. I have ADRs at 7:55pm on 5/29, so I think there should still be some daylight then...

SBETigg
03-28-2013, 12:53 PM
Must be remembering wrong about the elephant. But the zebras were definitely having a moment. I have pictures (of the zebras, but not their special moment).

disneynarula
03-29-2013, 04:31 AM
We always try for a super early lunch or dinner. If you eat at an off time you can almost pick your table.

beksy
04-01-2013, 02:56 AM
Thanks everyone...now just waiting for the 180 day mark.

lawgirl
04-06-2013, 09:41 AM
We've always eaten here after dark, but last time it was sooooo cool- we had zebras sleeping right outside the window. It was dark out, of course, but we could see them very plainly. I think whatever time you end up going will be great!

lawgirl
04-06-2013, 09:42 AM
Oh, and it's good to go ahead and make all your ressies, but just to let you know, we've never had a reservation for Sanaa. It may be more crowded for lunch, but we've always been able to just walk up and get a table.

beksy
04-13-2013, 05:53 PM
Thanks for the tip lawgirl and everyone else too! I am really excited for this meal and to see the AKL, especially at Christmas. :mickey: