PDA

View Full Version : Keys to the Kingdom

Tinkermom
03-27-2013, 08:31 PM
After about 30 or so trips now to WDW we are thinking of doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour. Want to do this with our 18 year old son as a graduation gift. Anyone done this recently? How did you like it? Would prefer to do the Backstage Magic tour but don't think it will be in our budget. :mickey:

JesGettingStarted
03-27-2013, 08:42 PM
My mom and I are planning on doing this tour as well. I have looked up lots of reviews on many different web sites. It seems like so long as you dont go into it expected it to be mostly backstage touring that you will have a good time. Also seems like who your tour guide it can really make a difference. I have read a few reviews about guides calling people out for answers and them feeling uncomfortable because they are shy or not comfortable in any kind of "spot light". People suggested to me that going to 8:30 tour, so long as there is no emh, is the best because you are in before rope drop and get those great crowd less pictures.

DizneyFreak2002
03-27-2013, 11:16 PM
Did the Keys tour two years back... Found it very interesting... Obviously they don't show you much, and no cameras allowed since you go back stage... I'd say go for it...

I have friends who did the Backstage Magic tour and said that one was much better... But I never did it so I can't back them up...

Disdaddy
03-28-2013, 11:55 AM
We did it about 7 years ago and really enjoyed it.

PlutoPlanet
03-28-2013, 12:07 PM
We did the Backstage a few years ago and really liked it. It took all day. but was worth doing once for Disney fans.

bruin1344
03-28-2013, 01:31 PM
Done the Keys but not Magic tour. I found the Keys tour interesting.

awaggett
03-28-2013, 03:00 PM
We did the Keys to the Kingdom tour in September and really enjoyed it. We are big Disney fans but this was our first tour--our tour guide was great and I felt like we learned a lot! We did the later tour time (we are not morning people) and it was HOT! I was impressed with how much we covered and found it to be well worth the $$.

If you have specific questions, let me know.

WhiteRose1
03-29-2013, 10:57 AM
We have done both Backstage mahic (nearly 5 years ago) and Keys (nearly 10 years ago.) The tourguide really makes an impact for the Keys tour.. the second one...I barely remember the tourguide, but remember it was fun.

Ms. Mode
03-29-2013, 12:17 PM
We did Backstage Tour a couple of years ago and TWO tour guides, both very very knowledgeable. However, I really want to do the Keys to the Kingdom tour also, I think even though some of the points of interest may be repeated it will be from a different angle.

mrte62
03-31-2013, 02:36 PM
We did the tour in early November 2012. Very interesting and learned a lot. Would recommend taking the latest of tours (we did). We really took our time and never felt rushed as there wasn't a group behind us. I think our tour started at 9:30 am.

Lunch was in a roped off area upstairs at Columbia House.

DW and I found it well worth it. Discount with Disney Visa card of 20%.

Brer Fox
04-02-2013, 09:28 PM
We did the Keys Tour last week. Great guide and enjoyed every minute. The tour is worth the money. It lasted about 4 hrs, lunch at Columbia House was included. Go for it.

DisneyGiant
04-03-2013, 09:29 AM
My advice - start with Keys for the first tour.

If you like it - then go back for more with Backstage.

I found Keys to me more informative & entertaining. Backstage was not so "magical."

IMHO of course!

T-Belle
04-03-2013, 07:14 PM
I did this just a few weeks ago. You can read my report here. http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=198283

I enjoyed it very much!

brivers222
04-04-2013, 04:22 PM
we did this in 2011 on our honeymoon. Its a rather nice tour...

however all the wonderful information discovered on here makes the "surprises" few and far between on the tour.