PDA

View Full Version : For AP Holders - How to get new touch-to-enter cards

Melanie
03-27-2013, 08:25 AM
Official word from Disney on how to obtain the new touch-to-enter cards for annual passholders.

Now Passholders can enjoy even easier entry into the Theme Parks. Our new cards will let you enter with just a simple touch using our innovative new main entrance touch points.

So how can you get these new cards?
Since many of our Passholders love to visit during the Epcot® International Flower & Garden Festival, we thought you might like to pick yours up on your next visit. So now through May 19, stop by the Odyssey Center during regular Park hours* on a day you have valid Theme Park admission for a convenient way to exchange your current paper Pass for a new card. The card will provide the same admission privileges as your current Pass and will allow you to use the new touch-to-enter feature at Theme Park main entrances. Cards must be used by the same person who originally used the paper Pass. (The best times to visit the Odyssey Center are Monday through Friday after 12 p.m.)

Please remember to bring your paper Pass and valid ID. The Odyssey Center at Epcot® is the only location for Passholders to complete the conversion process. At this time, you will not be able to exchange paper Passes for the new card at Park Ticket Windows. You can find the Odyssey Center between Test Track® Presented by Chevrolet® and the Mexico Pavilion.

For details, visit MyDisneyExperience.com/Passholder (link not viewable on a tablet device).

Over the coming months, we'll share details on other options you'll have to exchange your paper Pass, as well as new info on MyMagic+ and when MagicBands will be available to Passholders.

Passholders can also check out the latest MyMagic+ updates at MyDisneyExperience.com/Passholder. New info will be added throughout the year.

*The Odyssey Center will not be open during Extra Magic Hours. Dates and times are subject to change without notice.

Please note the following block-out dates that occur during this event.

2013 Seasonal Pass block-out dates:
March 23–April 5

2013 Weekday Select Pass block-out dates:
March 23–April 7
April 13, 14, 20, 21, 27, 28
May 4, 5, 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, 26

DisneyDINK
03-27-2013, 10:51 AM
Thanks Menanie!

I'm not going again until September, so I guess I'll have to wait and see. I hope all of the guest relations locations will be able to make the swap by then; it would be nice not to have to do it during park hours.

I would be interested to hear from AP holders how long the process takes.

MariMouse
03-27-2013, 12:21 PM
We were just there and it took all of about 5 minutes. We did go later in the day and had no lines.

Melanie
03-27-2013, 01:07 PM
We were just there and it took all of about 5 minutes. We did go later in the day and had no lines.

Thanks for the report!

DisneyDINK
03-27-2013, 01:40 PM

Thanks for the report!

Yeah! What she said! :thumbsup:

Tinkermom
03-27-2013, 08:34 PM
What happens after May 19th? Will they still offer the switch? I've read the lines to get into the parks for those of us with the old APs are very long. Will be in WDW in June.

disneydoug
03-29-2013, 07:48 AM
We will arrive May 6th. Passholder info like this is valuable--thank you

mac badger
04-11-2013, 11:52 AM
went on Sunday to get the new cards. Couldn't have been easier, maybe a 2 minute wait. There are also scanners at the doors so you can try out the new system. Plus, there is some themeing-there was a character from food rocks! as well as a figment sculpture in the line, plus a display of disney memorabilia against the wall-there was a collection of old tickets, and the parrot who used to be the barker outside of pirates of the caribean (I miss him!). All that and it's air conditioned with a nice clean empty bathroom, it was a nice quick stop.
My experience using the new card at the park was NOT so nice! They really need to work out the kinks

kakn7294
04-11-2013, 11:57 AM
We got ours! You get to choose your character from Mickey, Minnie, Donald, or Goofy and there are machines available to test your new pass before you leave. The RFID is great right now because the lines are short. Funny though, we've been using RFID technology at work for several years - it's not nearly as much fun at work as it is at Disney...

Terra
04-13-2013, 09:16 AM
I agree, it only took about 5 minutes and the cast members were so awesome!

I do have a question as well, maybe someone can answer.
My 6 year old had to do the biometric for the initial change over. Does anyone know now if those under 9 will also have to do the finger scan every time we enter the park now too?

My son is autistic and well, some things for whatever reason are a battle. It was a tough time to just get him to do it to get our new passes.

DisneyDINK
04-13-2013, 02:13 PM
We got ours! You get to choose your character from Mickey, Minnie, Donald, or Goofy ...

No Tink!? Women seem underrepresented, not that I care, but my wife might. :goofy: :tink:

kakn7294
04-14-2013, 06:04 PM
No, no Tink and no Pluto either. Personally, I would have rather had a choice of multi-character cards - like the Fab Five, Princess, Fairies, etc. Because we all want to try them, I'm really hoping for a roll-out of the bracelets by June but I'm not holding my breath there.

BTW, if you use a pin lanyard to carry your tickets and other cards, the new RFID cards read right through the plastic pouch - no need to remove it to run it through the ticket scanner anymore!

nifty48
04-23-2013, 06:14 PM
I have a question regarding these new touch-to-enter cards. My daughter and I wanted to run up this weekend to get ours but she don't have the children this weekend. Do they need to be with us to get their new cards or can we just bring their passes with us and get theirs when we get ours? :confused:

nifty48
04-29-2013, 10:07 AM
We went this Saturday to get our new cards and for anyone who may be interested we were able to get the new cards for the children without them being present because they are minors. ;) It was a quick and easy process.

cuteduck223
05-24-2013, 03:54 PM
How/where would we go now since the dates for the updated cards in Epcot have passed?

Melanie
05-24-2013, 04:17 PM
See this thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=198329) for updated info.

Passes can be updated at any Guest Relations window at any park. :mickey:

Urbss
05-26-2013, 06:52 PM
Does anyone know if they extended this beyond May 19th?

We will be arriving on June 2nd.

Thanks,
Tom